Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Mummel

Post by Mummel »

Ok Trix, I was a bit vague.
This happens with collab. albums where both album artist and artist is the same: i.e. Artist A: Artist B, etc.
In this case in Albums By I get all albums where Artist A is ONE of the album artists and those same albums will also appear in Albums ft. Naturally the same goes for Artist B etc.
To me it seems better Albums By only includes albums where ALL of the Album Artists are the same.
Since I have a lot of collab. albums this happens a lot to me and the Albums By list can get very long, but it's not a big problem and if you want it that way or if it's difficult to fix, that's fine by me.
tinana

Post by tinana »

I'm having trouble getting MR 3.1 to work with MM3 in anything but "statistics" mode. Both "selected" and "now playing" modes give simply blank panels, which is to say I get one big, long, empty box to the left of my screen labeled "MonkeyRok 3.1" "MediaMonkey version 3.0.1" and that's it...not a bunch of empty panels, just one big empty box.

I tried MR3.1 with MM3 at work and had no problems, so I know it works. Could it be with how I've got MonkeyRok configured on my home computer which is preventing it from working correctly? I've tried several different variations, but still no luck.

*Edit* I just mapped my network drive and played a track located there and MonkeyRok works fine when playing tracks at that location. It seems tracks on my C: drive are not triggering MR for some reason.
MM Gold/Lifetime member
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

MonkeyRok 3.1 (MM2 & MM3) working for me in both MM3.0 and MM2.5
In MM2.5 the error I was getting when exiting the MonkeyRok setting "more" has also gone now.
Thanks
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

tinana wrote:I'm having trouble getting MR 3.1 to work with MM3 in anything but "statistics" mode. Both "selected" and "now playing" modes give simply blank panels, which is to say I get one big, long, empty box to the left of my screen labeled "MonkeyRok 3.1" "MediaMonkey version 3.0.1" and that's it...not a bunch of empty panels, just one big empty box.

I tried MR3.1 with MM3 at work and had no problems, so I know it works. Could it be with how I've got MonkeyRok configured on my home computer which is preventing it from working correctly? I've tried several different variations, but still no luck.

*Edit* I just mapped my network drive and played a track located there and MonkeyRok works fine when playing tracks at that location. It seems tracks on my C: drive are not triggering MR for some reason.
Tinana:

Are the files which are not showing up in MR in the library? I only get this empty box when I play tracks from the My Computer Node which are not in the library.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
tinana

Post by tinana »

Ow, thanks nynaevelan! I think that's exactly the problem. I've forgotten to add a folder on my c:drive to my library. I'm sure that's the problem :oops:
MM Gold/Lifetime member
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Trixmoto:

How are the statistics generated in MR? Now that I am running RC6, the playlist and artist counts are not matching up with what RC is extracting. For example:

RC 6 Artists = 1630, Playlists = 102
MR Artists = 1643, Playlists = 4

The playlist data from RC6 is correct, but I am not sure about the artist count because I have not explored the explanation about how the artist count is being generated. Any ideas?

Nyn

EDIT: Trix forget this message, my database was doing some funky things this weekend. Once I deleted all the playlists and reimported them into the database the Rok was picking them up correctly. I wish there was a way to tell if there are some invalid links in the database, I could have saved myself hours of work trying to narrow down several problems.

Have a Happy Holiday!!

Nyn
Last edited by nynaevelan on Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

runtherisk

Post by runtherisk »

Trixmoto, you had noted that 3.1 was a bit quicker..I'm still getting a considerable delay when switching artists or albums within an artist. MM freezes for about 5 seconds..then it works fine. Also, I noticed that if I have artwork mode to "all"..the delay is longer (as I would assume given the "all" choice).. the album selected cycles through all the art well, but the additional albums by the artist do not display any art (screen shots below)..any thoughts?.thanks.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj10 ... rtMode.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj10 ... rtMode.jpg
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Richard, I think you might want to introduce an <ignore "the"> behaviour.

In 'similar artsists,' The String Cheese Incident show up. I have songs by them, but MonkeyRok doesn't know that because I've got them named "String Cheese Incident" not "The String Cheese Incident."

Add the "The" and all is fine. Is it possible to amend the Rok?

I can make sure all my "the"s are consistent with "taging art inconsistencies" but I might choose "String Cheese" not "The String Cheese" and then the Rok wouldn't recognise the artist name.
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

Hi Trix,

Just wanted to thank you for bringing MonkeyRok to MM3. Like having an old friend back again!!!
I've been a Lifetime Gold member since 2004 and watched MM grow and grow. It's people like yourself who keep it alive and constantly moving (as well as the system dev's of course). A big thank you to all who work so hard to keep it at the cutting edge.

Keep up the good work.

I've taken the liberty to customise your 'animated' skin to better suit my overall skin set-up (now 'animated_blue'). Hope you don't mind.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh24 ... enShot.jpg
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

I've installed MonkeyRok on MM3 and now get a messgae box popping everytime I start up, and occasionally while playing:
I can't remember the exact text, but it's something like "An Active X compnonent wan ts to interact with this page, do you allow it?"

How do I get rid of that?

Also, there might be a bug. A couple of times, a window has popped up when a new song starts, saying something like, "not enough memory," but when I click OK, nothing bad happens.
This has happened when I've had several programs running as well as MM. If it happens again, I'll make note of the exact message.
A_Disciple

Thanks

Post by A_Disciple »

Trixmoto - just would also like to extend my gratitude making a fantastic script available for MM3. If I were a developer, I would have given serious thought to including this script as part of the base package of MM3. Thanks.
1. MM4 Gold 4.1.7.1739
2. Windows 7 64-bit
3. 8GB RAM, Intel X9650
RedX

Post by RedX »

Anyone else experiencing Freezes on MM3 startup?
On startup MM3 freezes and MonkeyRok can't even start it's log.
No idea what is happening (i'm using RC 7)

Regards,
Red

PS: XP fully patched 32bit
Last edited by RedX on Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danny b.

Post by danny b. »

RedX wrote:Anyone else experiencing Freezes on MM3 startup?

Regards,
Red
same here. it doesn't create a log file. just freezes on the startup. i use the new official MM3 version on vista.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

have no problems on xp and 1127
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

danny b. wrote:
RedX wrote:Anyone else experiencing Freezes on MM3 startup?

Regards,
Red
same here. it doesn't create a log file. just freezes on the startup. i use the new official MM3 version on vista.
Running on Vista Home Premium, Vista Ultimate and XP SP1 with no problems. The only problem I ran into was user stupidity, but once I fixed it all is running quickly and smoothly.

Are you sure it is MR that is causing the lockup, try uninstalling it and restarting MM to see if the freeze still occurs? If not, try reinstalling MR. You are using 3.1 right??

Nyn