[MM2+3] Change Drive-ID after moving Files to a new Drive

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Sebastian78

Post by Sebastian78 »

I pasted the script into the correct ini file and it comes up as an option in the script menu. BUT I get the following error:

File C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\MM_Serial.vbs cannot be opened: The file is unavailable or you may not have permission to access it.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Besides putting the inialization info in the scripts.ini file, did you also post the MM_serial.vbs file in the \Mediamonkey\scripts folder??

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Sebastian78

Post by Sebastian78 »

Hmmmmm, no...... How excactly do I do that. Can you help?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Sebastian78 wrote:Hmmmmm, no...... How excactly do I do that. Can you help?
Go to the first page of this script, copy all the green text and open Notepad (or a similar text program), save the file in the program files\mediamonkey\scripts directory as MM_HDDSerial.vbs. When using Notepad make sure the Save As Type is set to All files and not .txt. Reopen MM and then you can go to the Tools --> Options --> Scripts --> Move Device Content.

When you open the script it will have the old hard drives on the left and the new hard drives on the right. Just select the drive id where your music used to be and the hard drive where your music is now. Once you select ok, it will give you a prompt to restart MM, once you do all your music should be available.

Nyn

fuba

Post by fuba »

if i do this i cant see the script in MM
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Did you add the section at the top to the scripts.ini file?

Nyn

mp3search

Post by mp3search »

[quote="nynaevelan"]Go to the first page of this script, copy all the green text and open Notepad (or a similar text program), save the file in the program files\mediamonkey\scripts directory as MM_HDDSerial.vbs. When using Notepad make sure the Save As Type is set to All files and not .txt. Reopen MM and then you can go to the Tools --> Options --> Scripts --> Move Device Content.

Nyn[/quote]

MM 3.0.1.1127....

I have the same problem. I changed my media files from one drive to another. I need to change the drive letter for all files at one time.

I copied/pasted the script in notepad, used 'Save As' (All Files) MM_HDDSerial.vbs. I put the initialization info in the scripts.ini file, and posted the MM_serial.vbs file in the \Mediamonkey\scripts folder. It still does not show in Tools --> Options --> Scripts -->

How can I fix this? I need some basic guidance here.

Thanks.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

there is no:

tools > scripts > move device content

menu?

btw, I don't think this script has been updated to work with MM 3, so right now there is no solution for mm3 that I know of.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Teknojnky wrote:there is no:

menu?

btw, I don't think this script has been updated to work with MM 3, so right now there is no solution for mm3 that I know of.
This script may have not been converted for MM3 but it does work in MM3 because I have used it several times in MM3.

Nyn

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

mp3search wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:Go to the first page of this script, copy all the green text and open Notepad (or a similar text program), save the file in the program files\mediamonkey\scripts directory as MM_HDDSerial.vbs. When using Notepad make sure the Save As Type is set to All files and not .txt. Reopen MM and then you can go to the Tools --> Options --> Scripts --> Move Device Content.

Nyn

MM 3.0.1.1127....

I have the same problem. I changed my media files from one drive to another. I need to change the drive letter for all files at one time.

I copied/pasted the script in notepad, used 'Save As' (All Files) MM_HDDSerial.vbs. I put the initialization info in the scripts.ini file, and posted the MM_serial.vbs file in the \Mediamonkey\scripts folder. It still does not show in Tools --> Options --> Scripts -->

How can I fix this? I need some basic guidance here.

Thanks.
When you put the info in the scripts.ini file, you removed the comments right? It looks like this?

[HDDSerial]
FileName=MM_HDDSerial.vbs
ProcName=Change_HDD_Serial
Order=46
DisplayName=Move Device Content
Description=Corrects broken links after exchanged harddrive
Language=VBScript
ScriptType=0

Also, double check the name of the script file, it should be MM_HDDSerial.vbs. Also make sure there is no txt at the end of the file name.

Nyn

mp3search

Post by mp3search »

[quote="Teknojnky"]there is no:

menu?

btw, I don't think this script has been updated to work with MM 3, so right now there is no solution for mm3 that I know of.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. No, the "Move device content" is not there. Maybe it will not work with MM3.

Maybe somebody will have an answer or an update or something that will work.

Anyone?
mp3search

Post by mp3search »

When you put the info in the scripts.ini file, you removed the comments right? It looks like this?

[HDDSerial]
FileName=MM_HDDSerial.vbs
ProcName=Change_HDD_Serial
Order=46
DisplayName=Move Device Content
Description=Corrects broken links after exchanged harddrive
Language=VBScript
ScriptType=0

Also, double check the name of the script file, it should be MM_HDDSerial.vbs. Also make sure there is no txt at the end of the file name.

Nyn[/quote]

It is exactly as you described. Everything checks out, but I still do not have "Move Device Content". I don't understand it.
mp3search

Post by mp3search »

I can't get the script to work on my Vista Home Premium, but I tried it on my XP computer and it worked fine. The "Move Device Content" shows up as it should in XP. So it appears to be incompatible with Vista. If anyone has got it to work in Vista, please tell me how you did it.

Thanks.
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

Maybe you filename is MM_HDDSerial.vbs.txt instead of MM_HDDSerial.vbs.
Make sure your OS shows files extensions
JoKing2

onkel_enno rocks my world!

Post by JoKing2 »

Vielen Dank!

Your script saved my database!