AutoRateAccurate 2.4.3 (22/10/2009) - for MM3

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

sasapuksic

Post by sasapuksic »

Now Im happy ... :D

I had to Turn off "User Account Control" in Windows Vista. After doing that and restarting system install procedure run with no problems. Sorry for my bad mod ... :oops:

Thanks for help! Script works great!!
PhilDG

Post by PhilDG »

Berny

Script works great - thanks!! I'm now up and running with MM3.

One minor issue - not sure if this is by design but my MM3 does not rate after a song has finished like the old version. Re-calibrating works fine. It also doesn't seem to recognise skips and I've got the skip detection turned on.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Hi guys,
just tested a bit around and checked your problems. They should now be fixed in 2.0.0.11 together with some other SQL-problems.

@sasapuksic: Sorry that you had trouble but as I said it's a first release and was not completely stable yet. So UAC hqas to be disabled to run MM-scirpts? That's no that great... But I can't change that I think...

@BerniPi: Well noticed! :)
All your two problems were caused by the formula which I changed at the end because I thought most of you would like it more than mine. :)
Yes, 'Skipp' was a typo - should be fixed. The second one was quite funny as I also needed some minutes to understand. The problem was the '^4' because (4)^4 and (-4)^4 is the same (Minus mal Minus gibt Plus). :)
So uninstall&reinstall (to reset the settings) or just change the formula by hand. This formula should be ok:

Code: Select all

100000000 * (Played-2*Skip)^5 / DaysSinceAdded / 1.01^DaysSinceLastPlayed
@PhilDG:
It should work... But as in the old script the rating and the skipcounter get updated when you start a next song.
Check that: Play a song for 15 seconds and then play another song. Now the SkipCounter should increase...

Have fun and keep posting the bugs! :)
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
PhilDG

Post by PhilDG »

Berny,

It could be due to the fact that I had to manually install?? Is there something else I need to do apart from copy the scripts over?

Running the script didn't seem to work and the uninstall gives me an error. Perhaps it's the dreaded UAC?

Thanks for some great work
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

PhilDG: Yes, that's probably the case.

For manual install:
1. Copy the ICO-files and AutoRateAcc.vbs into the Scripts-folder. Copy AutoRateAccStarter.vbs into the Scripts/Auto-folder.
2. Open the scripts.ini from the Scripts-folder and add this lines:

Code: Select all

[AutoRateAcc]
Filename=AutoRateAcc.vbs
Procname=AutoRateAcc
Language=VBScript
ScriptType=2
So you really can't install the script when you have UAC enabled? That s*ucks because it's the standard install-script I use... I hope the devs can fix that because there will be a lot Vista-users in the future...
But does the autorating-script itself work with UAC enabled?

EDIT: I've just released a zip-file so you can install the script by hand if the installer doesn't work.

Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
PhilDG

Post by PhilDG »

Berny,

The autorating script itself works great under UAC.

I have updated the scripts.ini but still get no auto rating when a song has finished or been skipped - it updates the user field 5 - the song I tried a skip with now contains '0003 MR 0000000000000000 AutoRateAccurate 01' if that's any help to you.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

PhilDG: Ok, so now at least the script runs. I just noticed too that there's a bug somewhere. I'm searching, didn't find it yet.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

@PhilDG: I found my bug it it can't be yours. :)

So two possibilites for your problem:
1. Does the song has been played more than 1? Look in the Played#-row.
2. Does the song already has a rating which you did by hand? If yes and you want it to be overwritten you have disable 'Son't overwriet manual ratings' in the options.

Big_Berny
PhilDG

Post by PhilDG »

Berny,

The played count is 0 which could be the problem. I haven't hand rated it but I have seen the checkbox on the options page, so no it was unrated.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

@PhilDG: Ok, so that's the cause. A song hsa to be played at least once to get a autorating because it is based on how much you played the song.

BUT: Since 2.0 you can set a baserating in the options for these songs which never have been played. :)
PhilDG

Post by PhilDG »

Ok - Nice one. Thanks for your help

Thanks again for a great script - looks like it's the one most of us were waiting for to upgrade to MM3!!
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

No problem! Glad that I could help and that you like it. :)
snakeeater251

Post by snakeeater251 »

Hi, I just added this script and tried checking out the Find Updates feature MM has under Tools > Extensions. It seems that your script doesn't have an update server provided, and it could be really handy for everyone to be able to download updates whenever you provide them.

It would be nice if you could add support for that feature. Thank you for your time.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Yes, I'll do that as soon as possible. Unfortunately the devs didn't release the specifications of that feature yet, so at the moment we can't use it. But since I have a server I'll surely implent tht when the specs are released.
Spazz

Post by Spazz »

I'll be the first a-hole with a problem with the script. Skipping doesn't decrease the rating for me. Maybe something to do with when it adds to the playcount?