PersonalTagEnhancer (AutoTagging)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

latinmusiclover

Post by latinmusiclover »

I'm new to using this Script, and scripting, so please ask if I'm not being clear.

Is it possible to add some more personal pronoun contractions? The "'Capitalization... " section only lists words that are correct but the wrong case.

im/Im -> I'm
id/Id -> I'd * but how to not "ID" as in "ID papers"
ill/Ill -> I'll * but not "ill" as in feeling sick
ive/Ive -> I've
baker

Post by baker »

I just started using this and already I am wishing for a shortcut key or toolbar buttun. Possible? And can the confirmation screen be skipped? I trust it.
Scimbris

Post by Scimbris »

@baker

Open scripts.ini in Mediamonkey/Scripts.
Scroll down until you find PersonalTagEnhancer. Under that header somewhere, add "Shortcut=Shift+Alt+Ctrl+E" or whatever you want your shortcut to be.

Code: Select all

[PersonalTagEnhancer] 
FileName=PersonalTagEnhancer.vbs 
ProcName=PersonalTagEnhancer 
Order=10 
DisplayName=PersonalTagEnhancer 
Description=PersonalTagEnhancer 
Language=VBScript 
ScriptType=0
Shortcut=Shift+Ctrl+Alt+E <-----------
Diabolic-Destiny

Post by Diabolic-Destiny »

is this mm3 compatible yet?
GuHu

Post by GuHu »

Diabolic-Destiny wrote:is this mm3 compatible yet?
Since there are only few sql-statements, i tested it with MM 3 RC3 and it worked for me perfectly!

GuHu
sommo

Post by sommo »

Thanks for this!
Macarena

Post by Macarena »

Pls, any idea how to exchange slash character / with semicolon character ;? (Doing it handy is not handy... and even not funny.) I have all my 'multiple tag' delimited using / (e.g. "50cent/The Game" "R&B/Hip Hop"), and now with MM3 the semicolon was introduced, so to change all of them is essential (i.e. "50cent; The Game" "R&B;Hip Hop"). thx a lot for any suggestion.

I need it for genre field, album artist and artist field. Where should I put it into the script? I tried for genre:

Function FixWrongGenre(Tag)
     Tag = ReplaceBadTagPortion(Tag, "/", ";") ' even tried \/ instead of / only
     FixWrongGenre = Tag
End Function
Then I've found out that this simple change doesn't work either for a selection with genre Pop :(

Tag = ReplaceBadTagPortion(Tag, "Pop", "Poop")
     FixWrongGenre = Tag
End Function
But this does work for anything:

FixWrongGenre = "Poop"
End Function
I wonder what's wrong with the above replacements.
Macarena

Post by Macarena »

Anybody solving search and replace, or find and replace, I think even of regular expression (regexp) -- at least I'm able to do what I wanted to do, see above/below); try this:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5160
procedure [ReplaceStringInField]
it works for me with MM3b4. Yupiii!
Macarena wrote:Pls, any idea how to exchange slash character / with semicolon character ;? (Doing it handy is not handy... and even not funny.) I have all my 'multiple tag' delimited using / (e.g. "50cent/The Game" "R&B/Hip Hop"), and now with MM3 the semicolon was introduced, so to change all of them is essential (i.e. "50cent; The Game" "R&B;Hip Hop"). thx a lot for any suggestion.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

@Macarena:

Try this:

Tag = Replace(Tag, "/", ";", 1, -1, 1)
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Inspired

Post by Inspired »

judas wrote:@trixmoto, thanks for the prompt reply, the message I get after changing the above mentioned lines is:

There Was a problem querying the database:
Error executing SQL UPDATE Artists SET Artists.Artist = 'SIDESTEPPER' WHERE Artists.Artist = 'SIDESTEPPER'
"near: ".":.syntax error (1,1)
And I have NO idea as to what that means :-)
Hi Folks,
I am trying to use the CASE change version of this script (the one dated internally as 2007-07-27

I am getting the same error Judas reported.

I have tried changing the code as Judas was instructed to do, but the error continues, it just changed slightly due to my code change.

I was getting:

Error executing SQL "UPDATE Artists SET Artists.Artist = 'Loop Guru' WHERE Artists.Artist = 'Loop Guru'"near: ".":.syntax error (1,1)
I changed the code from the first version here to the next one:

sql = "UPDATE Artists SET Artists.Artist = " & SQLQStr(str) & " WHERE Artists.Artist=" & SQLQStr(Itm.ArtistName)

sql = "UPDATE Artists SET Artist = " & SQLQStr(str) & " WHERE Artists = " & SQLQStr(Itm.ArtistName)
But this did not fix it. Error just now says:

Error executing SQL "UPDATE Artists SET Artist = 'Loop Guru' WHERE Artist = 'Loop Guru'": no such column: Artists (1,1)
There were two locations where I made this change, the second just a 10 or 15 lines below the first. In my file they are lines 493 and 509

Any ideas how I can fix this would be greatly appreciated.

This is one of my most time-saving scripts, so I'd love to get it working.

Thanks,

Jonathan
Got a Sansa s2xx? Sync instructions at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18535

Want to filter your collection easily? Use MagicNodes
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3358
Examples here: http://magicnodes.110mb.com/examples.htm

Seen The Secret? Liked it? Thought it sucked?
Check out my eBook at http://www.livingthesecret.tv
RedX

Post by RedX »

Hi!

I updated the sql to be MM3 compatible and put it into a installer package.
Haven't had any problems 'till now.

Added shortcut to ctrl+shift+x for faster access.

Installer PersonalTagEnhancer MM3

enjoy,
Red
baker

Post by baker »

Couple questions. One, is there any way to prevent it from changing "Little Feat" to "Little ft." and is there any way to limit the fields it checks such as making it only check Album or Album Artist and ignore the rest?
RedX

Post by RedX »

baker wrote:Couple questions. One, is there any way to prevent it from changing "Little Feat" to "Little ft." and is there any way to limit the fields it checks such as making it only check Album or Album Artist and ignore the rest?
No ATM there is no config interface. But if you feel comfortable editing code comment out the line you don't want edited. It's between 153 and 163.

regards,
red
RedX

Post by RedX »

Updated a bit the code.

Now only shows the modified tracks, and changed the shortcut to Ctrl + i.

Installer

Happy first of January ;-)

Red
bob61

Post by bob61 »

RedX wrote:Updated a bit the code.

Now only shows the modified tracks, and changed the shortcut to Ctrl + i.

Installer

Happy first of January ;-)

Red
Installed your version above. Noticed that when it cleaned up my "Genre" is also is cleaning out the track #. I wouldn't expect that clearing the genre would also purge the track info. Here's example:

Thanks
Bob61