ZuneSkin [v1.6]

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Like in drjboulder's configuration the player looks a bit 'ugly'. This also happens to the normal Zune-skin when you resize it but here it happens all the time. Also a restart couldn't help.
As you can see there are problems around the playbutton (fixed after mouseover), next/previous, loudspeaker, slider and the frame around the whole player. It looks like some of the skinobjects are moved by one pixel...

And it would be cool if we could resize the player a bit because I'd like a bit a larger column for the tree. At the moment I can do that but after restarting the size is always reseted.

Would be cool if you could fix that, it's a nice player! :)
Last edited by Big_Berny on Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

As long as we are nit pickin', :lol:
Howz about smoothing out the "next" & "last" buttons. :wink:
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

drjboulder wrote:As long as we are nit pickin', :lol:
Howz about smoothing out the "next" & "last" buttons. :wink:
When you say smoothing out the next and last buttons, are you talking about the arrows themselves or the circles that border the arrows? To make the question clearer, is the effect limited to the problem illustrated by Big_Berny above, ie the ugly look when resized?

I am trying everything I can but I believe this is a skin-engine bug and not my own, because when the player is resized to an odd pixel length it stretches the center part of the player rather than extending the left or right side by one pixel, which causes the problems you see. I could try a work-around by only allowing the left or right side of the player to extend, but this means the play button would no longer be centered (when the player is resized). I'll do some more tinkering around for now.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

I was referring to the "roundness" of the buttons.
I understand that a lot of the "prettiness" issues are due to resizing.
Thanks for all your work!
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
lorie

Embed MiniLyrics?

Post by lorie »

Hello,

I hope this is still on topic of noHitter's Zune skin; in the screenshot, it looks as though MiniLyrics is embedded and thereby part of the MM configuration. How do you do that?

Thanks for any help?

lorie
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

There is a script called minilyrics embedder for that purpose in the script section
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

I don't have no time for no MediaMonkey buisness...

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
lorie

Post by lorie »

Superb! I downloaded everything and got it configured so it shows up, etc.

Now my question is more of an MM issue: Does MM not really embed the lyrics in the tag? I have numerous .mp3s that show lyrics in the Lyrics panel of MM but these do not show up in MiniLyrics (or in several other players with lyrics capabilities). Where is MM putting them that they don't show up? In its own DB?

If that is the case, do I have to go through all of the songs and paste the lyrics by hand in MiniLyrics? Many are French songs whose lyrics are not found on the popular lyrics sites--some it has taken me years to find... so the "automatic" features will not work.

Thanks again for any help you can give me.
lorie
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

lorie wrote:Superb! I downloaded everything and got it configured so it shows up, etc.

Now my question is more of an MM issue: Does MM not really embed the lyrics in the tag? I have numerous .mp3s that show lyrics in the Lyrics panel of MM but these do not show up in MiniLyrics (or in several other players with lyrics capabilities). Where is MM putting them that they don't show up? In its own DB?

If that is the case, do I have to go through all of the songs and paste the lyrics by hand in MiniLyrics? Many are French songs whose lyrics are not found on the popular lyrics sites--some it has taken me years to find... so the "automatic" features will not work.

Thanks again for any help you can give me.
lorie
MM does embed the lyrics into the tag (as long as you tell it to, make sure in the options under "Tags & Playlists" that "Update tags when editing properties" is checked). The problem you describe is actually the fault of Minilyrics. You should be able to get your lyrics into that window by right clicking the Minilyrics window, then going to Lyrics -> Load lyrics from mp3. This could become very cumbersome to do with many files. It seems that you just want a window to display stationary lyrics; if so, I recommend you instead try gege's Lyrics and Comment viewer which should display all your lyrics without any problems.

lorie

Post by lorie »

Thanks for the suggestion, NoHitter...

Will gege's Viewer play as a docked window in MM? I really like the way MiniLyrics becomes part of the MM layout.

I have tried to right-click the MiniLyrics window, etc. but it comes back with the message that there are "no suitable lyrics" even though I have "saved" them to the tag in MM... And as I mentioned, this problem shows up in other players. I found one that was very cool, played as an overlay atop other windows with the lyrics in a sort of "greybox" panel... It displayed some of my lyrics, did not display others. Repasting the lyrics in MM did not change that... The lyrics simply would not show up. So I'm wondering if different programs read the lyrics from different tag fields (like iTunes apparently puts the art somewhere else than the normal...)?

Thanks again,
lorie
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Gege's script is a dockable panel in MM, I really think it will work well for you. Try it out, it is an easy install and if you don't like it you can also quite easily uninstall. I will help you more with Minilyrics if gege's script does not suit you.

lorie

Post by lorie »

You were right spot on... works like a charm. For now, I'll just use gege's Viewer but I would really like to understand why the lyrics saved in MM work sometimes and do not work sometimes in other applications.

Another question: where does MiniLyrics save the synchronized lyrics? That is kind of a neat feature but I want to keep the plain text lyrics in the tag so this might not be the best thing. Just curious.

Thank you so much for your patient replies to my questions.

lorie
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

lorie wrote:You were right spot on... works like a charm. For now, I'll just use gege's Viewer but I would really like to understand why the lyrics saved in MM work sometimes and do not work sometimes in other applications.
Glad to point you to gege's viewer. What other examples can you point to where your lyrics do not appear correctly in another application? Minilyrics I believe will show your lyrics if you know the correct operation, I may not have explained it well enough above.
lorie wrote:Another question: where does MiniLyrics save the synchronized lyrics? That is kind of a neat feature but I want to keep the plain text lyrics in the tag so this might not be the best thing. Just curious.

Thank you so much for your patient replies to my questions.

lorie
Minilyrics can be configured to save synchronized lyrics and/or plain lyrics in either mp3 tags or as a separate file on your hard drive which it will link to each time you play that song.

I'm glad to help!

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Big_Berny wrote:Like in drjboulder's configuration the player looks a bit 'ugly'. This also happens to the normal Zune-skin when you resize it but here it happens all the time. Also a restart couldn't help.
As you can see there are problems around the playbutton (fixed after mouseover), next/previous, loudspeaker, slider and the frame around the whole player. It looks like some of the skinobjects are moved by one pixel...

And it would be cool if we could resize the player a bit because I'd like a bit a larger column for the tree. At the moment I can do that but after restarting the size is always reseted.

Would be cool if you could fix that, it's a nice player! :)
I'm not sure why your resizing isn't saved, AFAIK that is a program function and not a skinning one. Is anyone else having this problem?

Also, I have good news and bad news regarding Zune SP skin - the good news is that I have successfully removed the white border from around the player. The bad news is that I still have no answer for the ugly resizing, I'm convinced its a MM bug. I'm trying various workarounds for now but it might be a while.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i have no idea what they mean by ugly? the resizing is part of the program not the skin. all we can do is either lock it or let it resize. if they are complaing about the round circle going to egg shape which i have seen on some of my skins until i fixed the size of the images. that is what you should do fix the size of the image but not the sliding from left to right on resize.
that might help?
:-?

8)
Last edited by rovingcowboy on Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.