ZuneSkin [v1.6]

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rovingcowboy wrote:i have no idea what they mean by ugly? the resizing is part of the program not the skin. all we can do is either lock it or let it resize. if they are complaing about the round circle going to egg shape which i have seen on some of my skins until i fixed the size of the images. that is what you should do fix the size of the image but not the sliding from left to right on resize.
that might help?
:-?
The center of the player is locked, but it resizes by one pixel when the player size is extended to an odd number of pixels. When the player size is an even number of pixels, it looks fine no matter how big you get it. Theres also a resizing problem vertically when the player is docked, although the player should not be able to resize vertically.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
lorie

Post by lorie »

NoHitter wrote:
Minilyrics can be configured to save synchronized lyrics and/or plain lyrics in either mp3 tags or as a separate file on your hard drive which it will link to each time you play that song.

I'm glad to help!
NoHitter, I've decided to go with gege's LyricsViewer but now I cannot get rid of MiniLyrics. I used its Uninstall script, I even purged the registry of every instance of "minilyrics" but when I start MM, the embedded MiniLyrics window shows up, then an error message that says:

"MiniLyrics couldn't be embedded; possibly its window, or the embedder window, isn't visible"

The option is still visible on the VIEW menu as well. There is obviously somewhere in MM that still thinks it is installed, available and needs to start.

How do I get rid of it?

And then to throw a monkey wrench into the works-- Is it possible to have MiniLyrics (not embedded) open only for WMP? I do like the "stays on top" feature that would display the lyrics while the player is minimized and I am working on something else...

lorie
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

You uninstalled Minilyrics but you must also uninstall the Minilyrics embedder (which is a MM script unrelated to the actual Minilyrics program.) Go to your Add/Remove Programs in the control panel and uninstall "Mediamonkey Script: Minilyrics Embedder v1.4b".

You can have Minilyrics open only for WMP. When you install the program, uncheck every box except for the install for WMP option. After the program is installed, open Minilyrics and right click inside of it. Go to "Preference" and check only the Windows Media Player box under "Run Minilyrics when Players run".

lorie

Post by lorie »

Thanks, nohitter. Actually, I had to reinstall MiniLyrics and the embedder because there was no entry in the Control Panel (I was pretty sure I had checked there before...) After reinstall, I deleted it from the control panel and voilà! It's gone from MM. Yeah!

Not to beat a dead horse but I would like some help with the fact that lyrics saved in MM do not always show up in MiniLyrics. Should I start a new thread or PM you or what would you suggest? I am going to try again, paying close attention to what I am doing to see if I can figure out why it works sometimes and sometimes not.

Appreciate all of your help; It is so great to have forums like this. So much better than the BIG GUYS "Help" solutions...

lorie
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

lorie, start up a new thread in the Need Help forum. I will see if I can get some screenshots to help explain better.

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MM3 monkey wrote:I can't imagine how it would work with all the panels and stuff going on in MM. iTunes and the iPod are very different things. I'm sure whoever tackles it will do a great job but Morten's skin covers the Apple side of things very nicely for now.

I'm just a sucker for cool gadgets and the schoolboy in me would love to play my music in a 'virtual' iPod. That is: a miniplayer that's an exact replica of an iPod that displays the artwork in the same blindingly cool way that this Zune look-alike skin does.

I used to have one in Winamp (not dispying artwork). It was a bit small and jagged but I'm sure there're better ones now. Is it easier to make a MM miniplayer if there's already a Winamp skin?

The thing that is most striking about an iPod is the simplicity of the design. Your little teaser already breaks those rules, gege, so... good luck! I think I'll stick to Zune and Morten's skins.

But I would still LOVE a virtual iPod for Christmas!
@MM3 Monkey... coming soon to a new skin ;-)

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MM3 monkey wrote:Re: the Zune skin.

I really can't get along with the white text in album art view. When you select an album, the text goes white. On my laptop, it's readable; on my big monitor, it's not. But anyway, the white text isn't easy to read. And I feel that when you select something, it should be easier to read than the other text, not harder. The black is a lot easier to read on the light grey background thamn the white is.

Presumably that's why you've used the off-red for the selected track in the now-playing window.

I switched skins last time because in a screen full of albums (in album art view) clicking on one of them makes all the details disappear.

Just a detail.
I have finally figured out how to fix the Album Art view, see the first page for the most recent skin versions.

Ver 1.4.1.1
-Makes Album Art view more readable
-SP version added minimize to Microplayer button, removed white border
-SP version fixed volume bar
-SP Player resizing issues are a known bug

Ver 1.4.2
-Workaround released for ZuneSkinSP and resizing issues - please see first post for details, download link, and special instructions (ZuneSP only)

kingoomieiii

Post by kingoomieiii »

Alright, you fixed the problem, kind of, but now, selecting tracks in album art view doesn't change the color at ALL, giving you no indication that it's selected.

This is 1.4.2 SP.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

kingoomieiii wrote:Alright, you fixed the problem, kind of, but now, selecting tracks in album art view doesn't change the color at ALL, giving you no indication that it's selected.

This is 1.4.2 SP.
Well I thought the gray box highlighting the track was enough of an indication. I'll see if I can get some orange text in for selected items for the next release.

nomeansno

just one small bug....

Post by nomeansno »

Don't know if it is a bug or just something no one asked for.....

When using the micro player (very small on the task bar) on a vertical task bar, the micro player's skin disappear and the player looks terrible...

Maybe I'm the only one using a vertical task bar....... :o

btw... I love your skin! Without it I wouldn't use media monkey! I really can't stand the other ones.

Nice Work!
nohitter151

Re: just one small bug....

Post by nohitter151 »

nomeansno wrote:Don't know if it is a bug or just something no one asked for.....

When using the micro player (very small on the task bar) on a vertical task bar, the micro player's skin disappear and the player looks terrible...

Maybe I'm the only one using a vertical task bar....... :o

btw... I love your skin! Without it I wouldn't use media monkey! I really can't stand the other ones.

Nice Work!
I haven't made a vertical microplayer, so that explains the lack of skinning there. I'll include it in the next release.

spacefish

Post by spacefish »

nohitter151 wrote:
kingoomieiii wrote:Alright, you fixed the problem, kind of, but now, selecting tracks in album art view doesn't change the color at ALL, giving you no indication that it's selected.

This is 1.4.2 SP.
Well I thought the gray box highlighting the track was enough of an indication. I'll see if I can get some orange text in for selected items for the next release.
I just installed this skin and it's very nice but I don't get any sort of selection indicator in Album Art Details view. The entire background is grey and I guess the selection box is the same color so we can't see it. I'd suggest making more of a contrast of colors between selected and not selected (it's quite difficult for me to notice the difference in Album Art view), regardless of whether or not you change the selected text color.

Otherwise, nice job! :)
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Thanks! A change is definitely coming, at the moment I'm having a hard time with colors in the theme editor or I'd have released something new.

Could you post up a screenshot showing your Album Art view? I get the feeling that for some reason yours looks different than mine.

spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Album Art view with Angu album selected:

Album Art Details view with Angu, Front Row Girl (Track 1) selected:
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Hmm, I was right. Yours looks the way I intended it to look initially, but I thought there was an error with the skinning engine since it does not look that way for me.

In any case, I'll have something for you all by the weekend.