ThemeEditor: layout and preview different?

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

float

ThemeEditor: layout and preview different?

Post by float »

Hi all,

I'm new, so first of all a 'hello' to everyone!

I'm trying to create my first skin ever - and it's for MediaMonkey 3 :D . I downloaded the Theme Editor 7 and have some problems (to tell the truth, it's a long hard road...). One of them is the following: I edit the object "Form" which seems to repesent all popup windows. But the layout differs from the preview and in MediaMonkey it's also wrong (looks like the preview there). Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Here's a picture with the preview and the layout (at the top in the background)

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

First let me say, welcome! Its good to see some others making a skin.

Its hard to say exactly what the problem is without seeing all the settings you are using for each element of the layout. At the moment it looks like you have the width and height incorrectly sized for some parts of the skin. If you can email the file to me or post it up to download I'd be happy to take a look at it and give you more insight as to what is going on.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
float

Post by float »

Thank you, that would be great!

I zipped the files and uploaded them here.

The skin is a pretty mess right now.. I started with the Glide skin and only tried to edit the objects Form and MainForm seriously so far.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Float, I just took a look and it seems like you just zipped up the files from Glided. Perhaps you have uploaded the wrong files?

float

Post by float »

Very strange... I zipped the directory, which I opened with the ThemeEditor - but according to the file timestamp it's not changed...

Well, I saved it again and uploaded the Theme.mskn here (which was the only file I changed so far), I hope this is the correct one.. sorry!
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Yes, Float, I was right initially. You need to define width or height of the main object the same as your selection in the bitmap (depending on which part of the image will be stretched). Perhaps this image will help:

Here is your modified file with fixed parameters.

float

Post by float »

Thank you very much, nohitter! This helped a lot. Thanks for the illustration and the corrected file. I'm sure there will be some other newbie questions soon, so please don't go on vacation the next days hehe :wink:
gege

Post by gege »

float wrote:Thank you very much, nohitter! This helped a lot. Thanks for the illustration and the corrected file. I'm sure there will be some other newbie questions soon, so please don't go on vacation the next days hehe :wink:
But please don't occupy his time too much. He's busy already ;-)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

just ask away of anyone in the skinning we'll all help if we can.

by the way if you read the newbie walk through i did you can see that it says to copy the images from the skin and just change them by overlaying your images on them in a photo shop editor.
that is the fastest and easiest way for a newbie to see what making a skin is like.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
float

Post by float »

You're right, but I wanted to learn it the hard way :lol:

Thank you anyway, I'm pretty sure there will be some more questions soon.