Windows locking? Bookmarks? Playlists sorting?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

djkor

Windows locking? Bookmarks? Playlists sorting?

Post by djkor »

I have a couple of questions about MM and it's behaviour (2.5.5):

1. Is it possible to lock sub-windows layout inside MM window? Player and ML-embed frequently jumps out of their positions, some windows resize happens from time to time etc. How can i avoid all this annoyness and lock them out?

2. I love net-radios and have big list of favorites. During 'winamp' days of my life i used to add them to bookmarks list and had easy access to. How can i do something similar in MM?

3.1. It's strange that i can 'randomize' now-playing-playlist and move entries in it, but i cant sort them by columns. Or am i wrong somehow?

3.2. Autoplaylists have almost-the-same-problem: it is possible to randomize and sort but impossible to move entries manually. Or be it my mistake again?

Anyway, hello to all monkeys here, proud to be one of you. :) Thanks to any advices in advance. :)
~ megalord twat ~
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) No you can't lock the windows. You can try out the Party Mode as it does support locking windows.

3) The Now Playing doesn't support sorting. This probably to avoid accidental sorting which would be very annoying.

4) Auto-Playlists are based on criteria, you can only modify those criteria. You can't manually add/delete songs or manually change sort order. That can be achieved with regular playlists.
Peke

Post by Peke »

4) add-on: Copy content of current view to regular playlist and you will be able to change order and delete tracks. Even MM script can be made to accomplish that.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
djkor

Post by djkor »

Lowlander wrote:1) No you can't lock the windows. You can try out the Party Mode as it does support locking windows.
is it possible to lock them via script tech?
Lowlander wrote:3) The Now Playing doesn't support sorting. This probably to avoid accidental sorting which would be very annoying.
I like the way its done in latest Tag & Rename: when trying to sort list bigger than say 20 tracks an confirmation popups.

thanks.
~ megalord twat ~
jiri

Post by jiri »

3) Is implemented in MM 3.0, you can sort in NP and use Undo command to return to the previous state in case of an accidental change.

Jiri
spacefish

Re: Windows locking? Bookmarks? Playlists sorting?

Post by spacefish »

djkor wrote:1. Is it possible to lock sub-windows layout inside MM window? Player and ML-embed frequently jumps out of their positions, some windows resize happens from time to time etc.
I'd love to see locking windows in MM, too. Is this something I should add to the wishlist?
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
Peke

Post by Peke »

@spacefish
Try to right click on Now Playing (Or Album Art) Window Title and Disable Show Title :)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

That doesn't prevent the windows from being resized though. This is what I'm looking for. Also locking toolbars would be nice. I just accidently moved a toolbar and it screwed up my whole UI. Took a few minutes to figure out how to get it back the way I had it.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes