5th Gen iPod skin v0.6 (by gege and nohitter151) (1/29/08)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

nohitter151

5th Gen iPod skin v0.6 (by gege and nohitter151) (1/29/08)

Post by nohitter151 »

gege and I have hinted a little bit about this skin here and there in the forums, but we're finally ready to share it with everyone as an alpha release. The skin now is still unfinished, and gege and I still have a long "To Do" list, but we would like to hear as many opinions as we can on what you like and what you think needs to be improved.

Both gege and I would like to give a special thanks to Morten who has given us his opinion and helped us improve the skin already, not to mention all the great things he has done to improve the MM skinning engine and the amazing skins he has designed.

Download v0.7 Alpha

Skin preview:
http://sites.google.com/site/mediamonke ... ns/5th-gen
Last edited by nohitter151 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:10 am, edited 10 times in total.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
aidan_cage

le skin

Post by aidan_cage »

really really nice
and an unexpected treat too!
I notice a small gap between the bottom of the skin and the bottom of the screen when I'm maximized, and I do find the backgrounds very bright for the tree/list backgrounds. But that is a preference.
The MiniPlayer is breathtakingly chic. I love it.
I don't use the taskbar, so I wont comment on the microplayer, though I did see it and thought it was as nice as the mini.

does the fully sized/maximized skin need rounded bottom corners?
I'm just wondering if that is why there is space between the skin and bottom of the screen.

THANK YOU!
PEACE
nohitter151

Re: le skin

Post by nohitter151 »

aidan_cage wrote:really really nice
and an unexpected treat too!
I notice a small gap between the bottom of the skin and the bottom of the screen when I'm maximized, and I do find the backgrounds very bright for the tree/list backgrounds. But that is a preference.
The MiniPlayer is breathtakingly chic. I love it.
I don't use the taskbar, so I wont comment on the microplayer, though I did see it and thought it was as nice as the mini.

does the fully sized/maximized skin need rounded bottom corners?
I'm just wondering if that is why there is space between the skin and bottom of the screen.

THANK YOU!
PEACE
We're aware of this problem, we're hoping some things are able to change regarding the way the theme engine handles skins when maximized. If not, we'll come up with something :wink:

Thanks for trying it out!

plinge

Post by plinge »

I love it! :D 8)
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

This skin is freaking awesome :D

Maybe even better looking than the zune skin.

Although if you could just make it a tiny little darker it would be easier on the eyes imao

Maybe the blue selection is also a little too strong imao

But I really love it and i'm using it at the moment.

Thank you a lot for sharing this beautifull skin
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Also I tkink the micro player is pretty cool.

But do you think it is possible to have a window popup appear when you hover the mouse on it (with artist album title, ... Like in wmp)

Is it something possible with the actual skin engine? Or will it be possible in the future?

Thanks
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Dreadlau wrote:Also I tkink the micro player is pretty cool.

But do you think it is possible to have a window popup appear when you hover the mouse on it (with artist album title, ... Like in wmp)

Is it something possible with the actual skin engine? Or will it be possible in the future?

Thanks
Hopefully this will be possible in the future. Trust me, if we could do it, I'm sure you'd have seen it in some skins already :wink:

Thanks!

Morten

Post by Morten »

nohitter151 wrote:Hopefully this will be possible in the future. Trust me, if we could do it, I'm sure you'd have seen it in some skins already :wink:

Thanks!
I can say that for what I know, this will be possible soon.
Best regards,
Morten
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

you getting petr to add the mouse over event to the micor player? wouldn't it be better to have the popup notifire turned on that way it pops up for the songs?

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

That's great news morten :D
plinge

Post by plinge »

I'm missing a volume bar on the main player :o Am I the only one?
gege

Post by gege »

plinge wrote:I'm missing a volume bar on the main player :o Am I the only one?
No, you're not the only one. It just hasn't been implemented yet.
BTW, do you guys have a good idea on how I could do it?

My original idea was making it somewhat close to iPod behavior, I mean: pressing Wheel center button would turn Seek Bar into a Volume Bar, then you could slide it left/right. Unfortunately, the skinning engine doesn't support this. Pressing and dragging the mouse pointer around the wheel to control volume is not possible too...
gege

Post by gege »

Dreadlau wrote:This skin is freaking awesome :D
Although if you could just make it a tiny little darker it would be easier on the eyes imao
Maybe the blue selection is also a little too strong imao
But I really love it and i'm using it at the moment.
Thank you a lot for sharing this beautifull skin
I'm glad you like it! :D
Regarding colors, the window frame (specifically the "reflex" and the borders) will be changed in next version. Stay tuned.
In Application area and in "LCD" part of the player, I tried to follow the scheme used in iPod itself and you know: iPod LCD background IS white, selected line IS blue...
BTW, if you think this is too bright, wait for the White iPod version*, you're going to go blind... 8) :lol: :lol:
* :hint: :hint: :wink:
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I've just finished up v0.6.1, which is the release that was supposed to be the first public release, but I used the wrong image for the skin borders before. If you were using this skin already you'll notice the skin borders are much cleaner (though the maximized window bug isn't fixed yet).

Refer to the first post for the download link.

BrantFranz

Post by BrantFranz »

this is my skin. thank you very much!

BTW: i don't like the round borders (fullscreen)also.