WebNodes 1.2 (08-03-01) [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

fridge

WebNodes 1.2 (08-03-01) [MM3]

Post by fridge »

Taking up the idea from this thread I've written a script that creates user-defined nodes that load a specified webpage using the songdata from the currently played track and MM's WebControl functionality. This is of course very similar (yet different) to what jn's great WebSearchPanels do (however there is no "copy lyrics" funtion in my script).

Update Version 1.2 (2008-03-01)
Download the mmip-installer (restart your Monkey to load the nodes):
  • Full Installer (includes Webnodes.vbs, WebNodes.xml
    Attention: your existing files will be overwritten so don't use this installer if you already have customised your files)
  • Script Only Installer (use this if you have already customised your xml)
Version history:
Version 1.2

- Added Album Art tagging functionality:

After installing the script there is a new entry "Copy Image to MM" in the right click context menu of Internet Explorer whenever you right click an image (thus you can use it from outside MM as well as in your WebNodes). This will take you to a small dialog very similar to the one opened when you paste an image into a songs album art.

Attention: Selecting "save to tag" will always save the image to the tag ignoring your settings for "Update tracks when editing properties".

known issue: some sites seem to block direct access to their elements. The script won't work with these sites (e.g. coverparadise.to, google musicsearch (though google images works))

Version 1.1

- Added right-click option "Open in Explorer" which opens the WebNode's link using the standard webbrowser

Here's a screenshot to give you a first impression:

The installer includes the xml I'm using to create the nodes. You should be able to use the xml-files from WebSearchPanels as well. However I've made a few changes to the xml-structure, which should be as follows:
  • file must be named WebNodes.xml and located in [MMInstallationPath]\Scripts\Auto
  • first line <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  • the tags <configuration>...</configuration> encapsulate everything that follows
  • add a <site>...</site> for each WebNode you want to create
  • you can structure your tree by nesting the <site>-tags. This will create child nodes. Theoretically this can go on to any given depth (I've only tested for 3 levels though)
  • <caption>: Caption of the node (the <caption>-tag is mandatory!)
    <start>: url to be loaded if no track is playing
    <url>: url that uses the songdata of the currently played song
  • if you don't put a <url> and <start>-tag for a site nothing is loaded but the node can still be useful as parent of other nodes
  • use %artist%, %albumartist%, %title%, %album% as placeholders for songdata
  • use %mmpath% as placeholder for MM's installation path (e.g. C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\)
  • Attention: replace each "&" by "&" or the xml cannot be parsed properly
One thing I myself particularly like to use is the "Classification Changer" you can see on the second screen. It loads a locally stored .htm, that has some code in it and enables you to change the tempo, mood, occasion and genre for your currently played track. I know it looks kind of crappy but it does the job (if I'm not an experienced scripter I'm even less experienced in writing html).

The Classification Changer has its own release now and can be found here
Update 2008-02-06: (This update fixes a bug: SongData wasn't written back to Database and hence changes were lost when synchronizing tags)
Classification Changer (Lets you easily change Tempo, Mood, Occasion and Genre for the currently playing song (see screenshot below))
To install add the .htm-file to your "[MMPath]\scripts\auto" directory and make sure the following tag is in your xml

Code: Select all

<site>
   <caption>Classification Changer</caption>
   <start>about:blank</start>
   <url>file:///%mmpath%Scripts/Auto/WN_ClassChanger.htm</url>
 </site>

Known issues:
- allmusic.com (i've known these from WebSearchPanels) and last.fm (this has only started a week ago; I think they changed their websites then) produce some annoying :-( error messages (see screenshot below). These can be "clicked away" by repeatingly hitting no and the website will load. I figure the source of the error is not in my script but somewhere else ... If somebody can enlighten me on this one I'd be :D :D :D

I think I've said enough and I'm looking forward to your comments and suggestion... :)
Last edited by fridge on Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:50 am, edited 13 times in total.
WebNodes: adds customised WebNodes to your monkey
Classification and Genre Changer: easily edit the currently playing song's Classification and Genre
fridge's MM-Scripts
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Very nice!
You did what I wanted to do myself.... but was to script illiterate to accomplish.
And you actually did all of the nodes that I wanted (plus more)!

Good work!
Works great!

Thanks.
:P
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
Bex

Post by Bex »

I like the Classification Changer!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Awesome! I'll give this a try. Thank you. :)
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

I had a quick look at the XML for this. If I change that Amazon.com entry to Amazon.co.uk, will that show only the UK site in the Web node? This is really what I'm looking for!
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
fridge

Post by fridge »

@drjboulder, Bex, spacefish:
I'm happy you like it! :D

@spacefish:
spacefish wrote:I had a quick look at the XML for this. If I change that Amazon.com entry to Amazon.co.uk, will that show only the UK site in the Web node? This is really what I'm looking for!
Yes exactly, simply change the xml to whatever you want it to show. So, to have an Amazon.co.uk node, that simply loads the amazon.co.uk website (without searching for anything) make the entry

Code: Select all

<site>
   <caption>Amazon.co.uk</caption>
   <url>http://www.amazon.co.uk</url>
   <start>http://www.amazon.co.uk</start>
</site>
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

This is awesome, gonna have to add it to my growing list of scripts. Now, off to customize it to my webnodes. 8) :P

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

fridge wrote:
spacefish wrote:I had a quick look at the XML for this. If I change that Amazon.com entry to Amazon.co.uk, will that show only the UK site in the Web node? This is really what I'm looking for!
Yes exactly, simply change the xml to whatever you want it to show.
Woot! Welcome to my sig. 8)
WebNodes
fridge

Post by fridge »

spacefish wrote:Woot! Welcome to my sig. 8)
Woohoo! My script made it to a sig! Thanks spacefish, I'm flattered ... 8) :D 8)
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

fridge wrote:
Woohoo! My script made it to a sig!
Two! Nyn was first. :)
WebNodes
fridge

Post by fridge »

spacefish wrote:
fridge wrote:
Woohoo! My script made it to a sig!
Two! Nyn was first. :)
Oops ... that makes me double-flattered! :oops::lol:
nojac

Post by nojac »

When I right click on a Web node it seems that I have lost the option to "Open in Explorer" after installing your script.

Is there a way to have this option back? I have a small laptop screen which is rather crowded with WebSearchPanels......
fridge

Post by fridge »

nojac wrote:When I right click on a Web node it seems that I have lost the option to "Open in Explorer" after installing your script.

Is there a way to have this option back? I have a small laptop screen which is rather crowded with WebSearchPanels......
I have to admit I hadn't noticed this function so far but I was planning on implementing an "open in external browser" function anyway, so I'll see what I can do. :o
fridge

Post by fridge »

nojac wrote:When I right click on a Web node it seems that I have lost the option to "Open in Explorer" after installing your script.

A new version is for download in the first post which has the requested feature. :wink:
WebNodes: adds customised WebNodes to your monkey
Classification and Genre Changer: easily edit the currently playing song's Classification and Genre
fridge's MM-Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Can I say again how cool I think this script is, I just added a node to Trixmoto's site and now I can download my faves more easily. Thanks for the script and keep 'em coming. 8) :P

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files