Easy/fast nested nodes & FilesToEdit hiding (09Nov08)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

sbondi

A little update ...

Post by sbondi »

... to improve performance.

I went a little overboard on the first release yesterday where I overdid it "yielding processing to MM3". I tuned it back some to restore the performance on the <level> expanding.
sbondi

Last release helped with "gaps" issue

Post by sbondi »

[spacefish] ran some tests and confirmed that the last release helped with all 3 "gap" symptoms. However, to totally get rid of the gaps, she had to reduce her <refresh> nodes to just a few.
sbondi

More multi-value support and a toolbar button ...

Post by sbondi »

Well, [spacefish] set me straight that I had not supported all the multi-value fields like I thought. But with the script design, it took just a few minutes to provide multi-value field support for [Mood], [Occasion], [Tempo], and [Quality].

Just posted a release (see top of thread) with:

1. Added support for new levels: [Occasion], [Tempo], and [Quality]
2. Added optional support for multi-value fields with [Mood], [Occasion], [Tempo], and [Quality]
3. Added a toolbar button (in addition to the previously provided menu option) to "refresh with updated .INI" in mid-session

If you want to use the optional multi-value field support (Note: this performs a little slower than treating these fields as basic fields), then be sure your .INI [Options] section (at the top of the .INI file) contains one or more of the appropriate new options:

supportMultiValueFieldForAlbumArtist=1
supportMultiValueFieldForArtist=1
supportMultiValueFieldForComposer=1
supportMultiValueFieldForConductor=1
supportMultiValueFieldForGenre=1
supportMultiValueFieldForLyricist=1
supportMultiValueFieldForMood=1
supportMultiValueFieldForOccasion=1
supportMultiValueFieldForQuality=1
supportMultiValueFieldForTempo=1
sbondi

More options including "refresh counts" ...

Post by sbondi »

Trying to be more true to total configurability (and not forcing visible features done your throats ;)), I have posted a new release (see original post on this thread) with a slightly redesigned [Options] section:

1. Added a new option to add an Edit menu item (with or without a keyboard shortcut) and/or a toolbar item to "manually refresh to update counts"
2. Added option to support a keyboard shortcut for the previous "manually refresh with updated .INI file" feature in addition to adding options to configure whether an Edit menu item and/or a toolbar item are added for this feature

I apologize (and I know I said I would not do it ;)), but with this improved configurability, I felt the need to make more changes to existing .INI files using a better convention (Note: only to the [Options] section):

-- refreshCurrentNode -> refresh_DynamicallyEvenForCurrentNode
-- refreshWithTracksChanged -> refresh_DynamicallyWhenTrackPropertiesChanged
-- refreshWithTracksConvertedOrRipped -> refresh_DynamicallyWhenTracksConvertedOrRipped
-- supportMultiValueFieldForAlbumArtist -> multiValueField_AlbumArtist
-- supportMultiValueFieldForArtist -> multiValueField_Artist
-- supportMultiValueFieldForComposer -> multiValueField_Composer
-- supportMultiValueFieldForConductor -> multiValueField_Conductor
-- supportMultiValueFieldForGenre -> multiValueField_Genre
-- supportMultiValueFieldForLyricist -> multiValueField_Lyricist
-- supportMultiValueFieldForMood -> multiValueField_Mood
-- supportMultiValueFieldForOccasion -> multiValueField_Occasion
-- supportMultiValueFieldForQuality -> multiValueField_Quality
-- supportMultiValueFieldForTempo -> multiValueField_Tempo

So, with the new options mentioned at the top of this post, please ensure the [Options] section of your current .INI file looks like this (with your own =0 or =1 based on the features you want and don't want):

;========================================================================
[Options]
;========================================================================
defaultIcon="Title"
defaultSortLike="None"
multiValueField_AlbumArtist=0
multiValueField_Artist=1
multiValueField_Composer=0
multiValueField_Conductor=0
multiValueField_Genre=0
multiValueField_Lyricist=0
multiValueField_Mood=0
multiValueField_Occasion=0
multiValueField_Quality=0
multiValueField_Tempo=0
refresh_DynamicallyEvenForCurrentNode=0
refresh_DynamicallyWhenTrackPropertiesChanged=0
refresh_DynamicallyWhenTracksConvertedOrRipped=1
refresh_ManuallyToUpdateCounts_AddEditMenuItem=1
refresh_ManuallyToUpdateCounts_AddToolbarItem=1
refresh_ManuallyToUpdateCounts_ShortcutForEditMenuItem="Ctrl+F8"
refresh_ManuallyWithUpdatedINIFile_AddEditMenuItem=1
refresh_ManuallyWithUpdatedINIFile_AddToolbarItem=1
refresh_ManuallyWithUpdatedINIFile_ShortcutForEditMenuItem=""
unknownCaption="[Unknown]"
cadmanmeg

Post by cadmanmeg »

Just grabbed the newest version with the sample .ini file and it is sure looking great! Now I just need to figure out how to create my own nodes.
sbondi

Post by sbondi »

cadmanmeg wrote:Just grabbed the newest version with the sample .ini file and it is sure looking great! Now I just need to figure out how to create my own nodes.
Glad you like it! :)

I hope that it will be intuitive enough for any MediaMonkey user to easily pick up on. If you spend just a small amount of time with it, you should be creating powerful nodes in no time!

If it is not clicking for you, then you can start by posting one type of node that you are interested in creating. Myself or others (like Nyn and spacefish) can define a node that accomplishes your goal, then you can study it's components to appreciate what went into creating it. Then, you can play on those concepts to create other nodes. Post those nodes here, and we can let you know if you are on the right track.

Enjoy!
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

cadmanmeg wrote:Just grabbed the newest version with the sample .ini file and it is sure looking great! Now I just need to figure out how to create my own nodes.
Once you get the hang of it, it will become addictive. As the script grows, so does my nodes. This is one of my top 5 scripts, I just love it. :P 8) :P

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Installed the latest update, changed my .ini according to your instructions above, and I get the following error when I click on the Refresh Counts button:

MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
magicalpig

Same here

Post by magicalpig »

Sorry, I need to edit my message because it's not exactly what I described that happens...

I tried to install the script as described. It is a first install. I get those 3 error messages. Does it mean anything to you? Because it does not to me :oops: Damn, I wanna use this script :(

Thanks in advance,
Victor.
Last edited by magicalpig on Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Which Refresh Counts option is causing the error, I am not seeing it so maybe I am not using the same one(s) as you??

Nyn

magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Sorry for misleading, I edited my message above.

Victor.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

There is Refresh MyCustomNodes Counts with an icon that looks like 3 documents. <-- it's this one

There is Refresh MyCustomNodes from updated .INI file with an icon that looks like a reload icon (2 arrows in a circle).
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

magicalpig wrote:Sorry for misleading, I edited my message above.

Victor.
Your error message is way out of my league, gonna have to wait for Steve for this one. But I do have a few questions/suggestions. Did you install with the sample ini or did you create your own nodes?? Try removing the offending node and see if you are able to run the script. Are both the ini and the vbs file in the Scripts\Auto folder??

Nyn

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

spacefish wrote:There is Refresh MyCustomNodes Counts with an icon that looks like 3 documents. <-- it's this one

There is Refresh MyCustomNodes from updated .INI file with an icon that looks like a reload icon (2 arrows in a circle).
I'm using both and neither is giving me an error, although with the Refresh MCN Counts I cannot tell if anything is refreshed. MCN will regenerate but I cannot tell if the counts have changed, too many nodes I'm afraid. I can test it further, what steps did you take when you recieved the error?

Nyn

spacefish

Post by spacefish »

nynaevelan wrote:
spacefish wrote:There is Refresh MyCustomNodes Counts with an icon that looks like 3 documents. <-- it's this one

I'm using both and neither is giving me an error, although with the Refresh MCN Counts I cannot tell if anything is refreshed. MCN will regenerate but I cannot tell if the counts have changed, too many nodes I'm afraid. I can test it further, what steps did you take when you recieved the error?

Nyn
I had updated some lyrics and wanted to see if the button worked! :D

It was the first time I pressed it. I am not getting any errors now but I can't tell if it's just not working now that it erred out once or if it is working but not updating my counts until I actually click on the node. I sort of thought the number would change when I pressed the button. In fact, after adding a couple more, I can see that the node actually updates when I click on it and has nothing to do with the refresh button (which probably isn't working).
WebNodes