MM-PSP v1.1 by MacMaster (MediaMonkey3 Skin)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

spacefish

Post by spacefish »

MacMaster wrote:
spacefish wrote:No thoughts as to why your mmip file is the only one that doesn't work for me? I'm not sure bundling in a rar file will make any difference to the installation.
i don't know what's wrong, for me it works fine...
i've checked right now the link on top with ie and firefox, wih and without downloadmanager and it works alltimes fine.
try to redownload the file, delete first all old mm-psp files on your system and i think it will work also for you....
What OS are you on? The one thing Nyn, D Rock and I have in common is that we're running Vista.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
MacMaster

Post by MacMaster »

i'm on xp.
what error give the installation?
MM-W7 v1.1 -- last update 21.11.2010 --
MM-Ultimate v2.1 -- last update 25.02.2008 --
MM-PSP v1.1 -- last update 26.02.2008 --
MM-White_O v1.0 -- release 11.03.2008 --
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

nynaevelan wrote:incorrect parameter
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I was able to download and install the mmip with no problem, except of course having to go out and download the winrar program (hate the inconvenience of having to do this, but not TOO annoyed).

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

nynaevelan wrote:I was able to download and install the mmip with no problem, except of course having to go out and download the winrar program (hate the inconvenience of having to do this, but not TOO annoyed).

Nyn
I use 7zip, its free and handles just about every compressor format there is (including winRAR)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

MacMaster wrote:ok friends, i've changed all files in rar so you find the mmip in there, hope that all problems are done....
don't like offer both types because it can confuse users (to choose wich file download :roll: ) and i have to update more files if change....
8)

I have word that all skin files Should be in the MMip form when wanting to put them on the new coming soon monkey skin host site.

which is also what the update url in the ini file should be set too when the site is ready to be used. :wink:
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
MacMaster

Post by MacMaster »

ok, switched back to mmip-file type.
the update url i've cancelled for now, when the url will work, tell it to me so i can use it at my skins...

but what is this error??? i don't understand :roll:
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Google is your friend:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/199025
SYMPTOMS
When you connect to a Web site, you may receive the following error message:
The parameter is incorrect <-- This was the exact message I got.

Back to the top
CAUSE
This behavior can occur when you connect to a Web site that uses a language other than the language(s) installed on your computer. In other words, the Web server and client computers do not have a common language pack installed.
Have you changed hosting sites? I didn't have any problems installing your first skin, though I haven't tried recently.

Here's something different:

http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108488

This may also be likely but I have no idea how .mmip installation files are built. You might want to check with the MM devs to see if they can shed any light on the matter.
WebNodes
MacMaster

Post by MacMaster »

the hosting side is always the same
the mmip file is an only renamend zip file
in the first release i've insert the url to my site (macmaster.it) - was that to cause the error on vista??
--> so i've canceled the url
have you download after that change?? try the new mmip file...
if the error continue try to open the mmip with zip or rar application and move manually the mm-psp.msz to the MediaMonkey\Skins folder
after that change the skin in mm options
please try it for me, i'm not a vista user, so i can't try this but i like to make it wok for vista too.
if the manual install will work the error is in the install.ini otherwise i have to change the msz file....
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

MacMaster wrote:the hosting side is always the same
the mmip file is an only renamend zip file
in the first release i've insert the url to my site (macmaster.it) - was that to cause the error on vista??
--> so i've canceled the url
have you download after that change?? try the new mmip file...
if the error continue try to open the mmip with zip or rar application and move manually the mm-psp.msz to the MediaMonkey\Skins folder
after that change the skin in mm options
please try it for me, i'm not a vista user, so i can't try this but i like to make it wok for vista too.
if the manual install will work the error is in the install.ini otherwise i have to change the msz file....
Just DL'd you re-work of Ultimate to blue and the mmip worked fine.

The skin on the other hand... 8)
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

I just tried the link to the mmip in your first post and I get the same error message. Is that what you wanted me to do?
WebNodes
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

MacMaster wrote:the blue version is make.
download mm-ultimateblue.mmip here...
but i've to say i don't like it :( but give me suggestions for make it that you will like it!!!
Okay, there's definitely something wrong with the MM-PSP mmip file as it is retrieved from your first post. I just installed this blue version from your Ultimate thread without error. Don't ask me. I'm just the user. :P
WebNodes
Peke

Post by Peke »

Please, note that some Hosts have ability to handle custom Mime Types and that is where you add MMIP.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts

help

Post by Guest »

i just downloaded this skin, but, cna't get the album art listing system to work (the one shown in most of the screenshots) the album art item in "choose collumns" is greyed out!

HELP

thanks