Right Click for Scripts -with buttons! (2008-09-07) [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Yes, once I removed it, your script is working. And now I can OFFICIALLY say AWESOME. I hated having to keep going to the tools menu. Thanks for all your patience.

Nyn
Last edited by nynaevelan on Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

You are quite welcome, I like to show the scripters how I appreciate their work, good thing I don't use skins I'm running out of room. 8)

Out of curiousity, how come you didn't include type 1 scripts??

Nyn

onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

Type 0 scripts are the ones that show up in Tools/Scripts menu. Type 1 scripts are in File/Export. You could easily include them by adjusting the code if you wanted. Here's where script types are described: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... _scripting
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I have a basic understanding of the different types, I was just wondering if the type 1's could be added also but problem solved. I just made a copy and changed the type to 1, so now I have them both. Of course had to change the menu caption, hope you don't mind.

Nyn

EDIT: Ok problem not solved, apparently you cannot run the type 1's from the script, bummer.

onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

no problem. I have in mind how I could modify to give a Scripts menu as well as Exports - and put the correct ones in each. Perhaps the next version.

I still think I have a problem with the script.include that I need to sort out though - so if anyone has suggestions, please let me know.
bob61

Post by bob61 »

onenonymous wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:Ok, by using a process of elimination I figured out it is Bex's SQL Viewer script.
Cool - does that mean it's working on your system now?

I'm not on my work PC now, so I can't test Bex's script to see if it causes problems for me also, but I'll check as soon as I can.
I removed that script from my system, unfortunately still have problem I noted.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

bob61 wrote:
onenonymous wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:Ok, by using a process of elimination I figured out it is Bex's SQL Viewer script.
Cool - does that mean it's working on your system now?

I'm not on my work PC now, so I can't test Bex's script to see if it causes problems for me also, but I'll check as soon as I can.
You must have another that is conflicting, I found it by removing them all from the scripts folder and putting them back a couple at a time. Onenonymous mentioned a few scripts a couple of posts up, try removing them first to see if that is where your conflict is coming from. But first I would remove them all and then open MM with this script only to see if it works before going to all that research.

Nyn

bob61

Post by bob61 »

nynaevelan wrote:
bob61 wrote:
onenonymous wrote: Cool - does that mean it's working on your system now?

You must have another that is conflicting, I found it by removing them all from the scripts folder and putting them back a couple at a time. Onenonymous mentioned a few scripts a couple of posts up, try removing them first to see if that is where your conflict is coming from. But first I would remove them all and then open MM with this script only to see if it works before going to all that research.

Nyn
Deleted all the scripts, the OP's script now runs. Seems like the OP's script though should be able to function with other scripts, if not it's kind of ironic that you can't run another script at same time. Adding another script at some future date can once again cause this script to have another conflict. So what's the right way to modify the OP's script to work well with other scripts?

I also revised the scripts that OP mentioned with "Const mmListDropdown = 2" and commented them out, no other scripts in my script directory that uses that statement, but still have problem.
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

I'm pretty sure it's got to do with the script.include part. I ran into problems with how it was called in different places, and settled on the way I've got it in the script now. Every change I made to where script.include was called broke one script or another (ie everything loaded, but when I tried to run one of the other scripts it either didn't or failed to work with an error.

So it works on my system - didn't get any of the errors you all are getting. I think the problem is cause the script include runs other scripts that have declared constants using the same name. Deleting those constants if they're not used or changing the constant name to be unique in each script might solve the problem. Since this isn't really practical over the long run, I'm still open to suggestions.

And yeah - it's ironic that a script to run scripts is broken by some of those scripts.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Have you tried to add them back in a few at a time to find the one that is conflicting, I added them back alphabettically? I did not have any trouble with the ones that Onenonymous mentioned so the conflict might be coming from a script that he does not have. I also didn't have any trouble with any of the auto scripts, it seemed to only be the ones in the scripts.ini file. If you'll notice from my siggee I use a lot of scripts, and I do not have them all listed so I had a lot to go through. It is well worth it to get this script working, very convenient to only have to right click to get to scripts.

Nyn

EDIT: Bob, What version of MM are you using??

bob61

Post by bob61 »

nynaevelan wrote:Have you tried to add them back in a few at a time to find the one that is conflicting, I added them back alphabettically?
EDIT: Bob, What version of MM are you using??
I'm running latest public released version of MM3. I didn't go through and add back each script to the .ini file, I too have lots of scripts. My original feeling was if this script couldn't live well with others then it's probably not the right script for me. But have to admit it's a nice function to have available - maybe if I get time to play around and debug what's going on I'll get to the bottom of the issue.
bob61

Post by bob61 »

onenonymous wrote:I'm pretty sure it's got to do with the script.include part. I ran into problems with how it was called in different places, and settled on the way I've got it in the script now. Every change I made to where script.include was called broke one script or another (ie everything loaded, but when I tried to run one of the other scripts it either didn't or failed to work with an error.

So it works on my system - didn't get any of the errors you all are getting. I think the problem is cause the script include runs other scripts that have declared constants using the same name. Deleting those constants if they're not used or changing the constant name to be unique in each script might solve the problem. Since this isn't really practical over the long run, I'm still open to suggestions.

And yeah - it's ironic that a script to run scripts is broken by some of those scripts.
Just wanted to say "thanks" to you for making the script available - not currently right for me, but I appreciate him taking the time to post it for everyone to try.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I understand your reluctance. However, as a test I installed a second copy of MM with only the scripts which come with it and I did not run into any errors, so the script has to be conflicting with something on your system. What other scripts do you have installed?

Nyn

cadmanmeg

Post by cadmanmeg »

I get my errors upon startup. Is the first errors I get. Yes, I do run a number of other scripts. So what do I do or even try to get this fixed as I would like to use this script as well? Has any of the veterans stepped in to aid if needed? Thanks much.