Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v0.9.6b [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

das Monkey

Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v0.9.6b [MM3]

Post by das Monkey »

Lyricator v0.9.6b

What's This?

Lyricator is a batch lyrics updater, inspired by trixmoto's Batch Art Finder and jn's Lyricsplugin Search Script. Lyricator is not for the faint of heart. While it can be used by the novice user to update lyrics, its brute force algorithms are a tad on the psychotic side. In some configurations, Lyricator will hammer the lyrics servers for over a hundred different combinations trying to find a single track's lyrics. Discontinue use of Lyricator if any of the following occurs: itching, vertigo, dizziness, tingling in extremities, loss of balance or coordination, slurred speech, temporary blindness, profuse sweating, heart palpitations. Do not taunt Lyricator.

How Do I? Yeah, But How Do I?
  • 1) Select some files
    2) Go to the Tools menu, select Scripts, and then Lyricator
    3) Pray
    4) When Lyricator has reached the last file in the list, take a look at the results. If anything is clearly wrong, uncheck the incorrect checkboxes.
    5) Click Save to save the results.
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah -- But How Do I?

Under Tools / Options / Library / Lyricator is a configuration screen with separate options for Brute Force attempts to find the Artist and Title.
  • Attempt All Artists: Search combinations with each individual artist separately
    Fix Comman Surnames: Search on "Name Surname" when encountering "Surname, Name"
    Remove Within Parentheses/Brackets/Braces: Search combinations where text within parentheses/brackets/braces is ignored
    Ignore Single/Double Quotes: Search combinations where single- and double-quotation marks are ignored
    Delimiter Array: A semi-colon-separated list of words to be used as splitting delimiters
    Black List: A semi-colon-separated list of words to ignore
    Cleanup Whitespace: Trim extra space at the end of lines. Consolidate anything more than 2 carriage returns.
    Single-Line Lyrics: You can ignore lyrics of only one line completely or you can specify that is a certain "Search String" is found in that single line, replace the entire line with a "Replace String". This is useful for normalizing/translating different versions of "Instrumental".
You can also choose from three lyrics servers. During testing, Lyrics-Songs gave me some crazy results, so it's disabled by default. The website employs its own guessing algorithm, and not only is it slow, but the results are sketchy at best. Use this as a last resort.

What Happens When I?

Let's say you have the following track:

ARTIST: Joe; Barbara and Alf
TITLE: (This is) My Song, Oh Yes [Radio Edit] (Explicit Lyrics)

Now let's say you have the "Attempt All Artists" turned on as well as all 4 Title Settings (parentheses, brackets, braces, single/double quotes). Furthermore, you have an Artist-level "Delimiter Array" of "and;&".

Lyricator will search for the following until it finds something:
  • (This is) My Song - It's Cool [Radio Edit] (Explicit Lyrics) by Joe; Barbara and Alf
    (This is) My Song - Its Cool [Radio Edit] (Explicit Lyrics) by Joe; Barbara and Alf
    (This is) My Song - It's Cool (Explicit Lyrics) by Joe; Barbara and Alf
    (This is) My Song - Its Cool (Explicit Lyrics) by Joe; Barbara and Alf
    (This is) My Song - It's Cool [Radio Edit] (Explicit Lyrics) by Joe
    (This is) My Song - Its Cool [Radio Edit] (Explicit Lyrics) by Joe
    (This is) My Song - It's Cool (Explicit Lyrics) by Joe
    (This is) My Song - Its Cool (Explicit Lyrics) by Joe
    (This is) My Song - It's Cool [Radio Edit] (Explicit Lyrics) by Barbara and Alf
    (This is) My Song - Its Cool [Radio Edit] (Explicit Lyrics) by Barbara and Alf
    (This is) My Song - It's Cool (Explicit Lyrics) by Barbara and Alf
    (This is) My Song - Its Cool (Explicit Lyrics) by Barbara and Alf
    (This is) My Song - It's Cool [Radio Edit] (Explicit Lyrics) by Joe; Barbara
    (This is) My Song - Its Cool [Radio Edit] (Explicit Lyrics) by Joe; Barbara
    (This is) My Song - It's Cool (Explicit Lyrics) by Joe; Barbara
    (This is) My Song - Its Cool (Explicit Lyrics) by Joe; Barbara
    (This is) My Song - It's Cool [Radio Edit] (Explicit Lyrics) by Alf
    (This is) My Song - Its Cool [Radio Edit] (Explicit Lyrics) by Alf
    (This is) My Song - It's Cool (Explicit Lyrics) by Alf
    (This is) My Song - Its Cool (Explicit Lyrics) by Alf
    (This is) My Song - It's Cool [Radio Edit] (Explicit Lyrics) by Barbara
    (This is) My Song - Its Cool [Radio Edit] (Explicit Lyrics) by Barbara
    (This is) My Song - It's Cool (Explicit Lyrics) by Barbara
    (This is) My Song - Its Cool (Explicit Lyrics) by Barbara
    My Song - It's Cool [Radio Edit] by Joe; Barbara and Alf
    My Song - Its Cool [Radio Edit] by Joe; Barbara and Alf
    My Song - It's Cool by Joe; Barbara and Alf
    My Song - Its Cool by Joe; Barbara and Alf
    My Song - It's Cool [Radio Edit] by Joe
    My Song - Its Cool [Radio Edit] by Joe
    My Song - It's Cool by Joe
    My Song - Its Cool by Joe
    My Song - It's Cool [Radio Edit] by Barbara and Alf
    My Song - Its Cool [Radio Edit] by Barbara and Alf
    My Song - It's Cool by Barbara and Alf
    My Song - Its Cool by Barbara and Alf
    My Song - It's Cool [Radio Edit] by Joe; Barbara
    My Song - Its Cool [Radio Edit] by Joe; Barbara
    My Song - It's Cool by Joe; Barbara
    My Song - Its Cool by Joe; Barbara
    My Song - It's Cool [Radio Edit] by Alf
    My Song - Its Cool [Radio Edit] by Alf
    My Song - It's Cool by Alf
    My Song - Its Cool by Alf
    My Song - It's Cool [Radio Edit] by Barbara
    My Song - Its Cool [Radio Edit] by Barbara
    My Song - It's Cool by Barbara
    My Song - Its Cool by Barbara
If you set a Title-level "Delimiter Array" of "-", it would triple the results, searching on all combinations with "My Song" and "It's Cool" individually. That would be crazy. Don't do that. The song's not that cool.

What's New?

Not much. What's new with you?
  • v0.9.6b [2008.04.10]
    • Cleanup Unicode characters in data fields
      Option to auto-close after saving (defaults to true)
    v0.9.5b [2008.03.28]
    • Better status messages and integration
      Removal of success dialog
      Ability to edit lyrics before submission
      Ability to reject lyrics with only one line
      Search/Replace for lyrics with only one line
      Cleanup Whitespace
      Pause/Resume
      Flip Surname, Name
      Try Original Artist, Original Lyricist, Composer, Conductor, Involved People, Lyricist, Cousin Larry
      Try with artist name of "Various Artists"
      Black list
    v0.9.2a [2008.03.03]
    • Right-click on a track to see the full lyrics. Right-click again to make them go away
      Fixed URL Escaping bug
      Fixed typo
      Fixed WriteTags - Oops
    v0.9.1a [2008.03.03]
    • Complete overhaul of brute force algorithm
      Brute brute force, ensuring recursive permutations
      Separation of algorithms by Artist/Title
      Addition of LyricWiki and Lyrics-Songs (with color-coded backgrounds)
      Addition of Ignore Quotes algorithm
      Indicator of what the server thinks your artist/title is (if using brute force)
      Smaller fonts
What's Next?

The line must be drawn here! This far, no further!
  • Ability to ignore the first result and keep searching
    Ability to manually tweak an individual search
    Method for marking lyrics as "NOT FOUND" for future reference
    Better medley handling (Ha! This is a pipe dream)
    Docking Window Option
    Ignore Before/After First/Last Delimiter in Delimiter Array
    Sort Results
    Toolbar button
    Prepend list
das
Last edited by das Monkey on Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:01 pm, edited 30 times in total.
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Very Cool

If i hover over some of the lyrics they flash on and off
It seems to be the ones that don't fit on the screen properly.
I can get some to stay displayed if i scroll the track to the bottom so the lyrics postion in the middle

If that makes sense
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Do to all the great Lyrics scripts out there I have all my lyrics except those hard to find ones, so I am going to give this a try with some of your brute force options to see if I get any positive results.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Nice work Das.
Any way to incorporate other lyric sites such as:
LyricsWiki

Code: Select all

http://lyricwiki.org/api.php?artist=%artist%&song=%title%&fmt=html
Lyrics-Song

Code: Select all

http://www.lyrics-songs.com/winamp.php?musica=%title%&artista=%artist%
Ran the Lyricator on the 835 songs that I still have no lyrics for (what remained after running your LyricsPlugIn Mod) and was not able to get any hits.
I know that if it accessed on of the above sites, I would whittle down a big chunk of that 835.

Regardless, nice work. This is a great addition to the Monkey!
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
das Monkey

Post by das Monkey »

MoDementia wrote:Very Cool

If i hover over some of the lyrics they flash on and off
It seems to be the ones that don't fit on the screen properly.
I can get some to stay displayed if i scroll the track to the bottom so the lyrics postion in the middle

If that makes sense
Not really, no. :) I tried to account for really wide lyrics, but it's possible I missed something. Any chance of a screen capture? And what version of IE do you have? This is all being done through MM's web interface.

Thanks,

das
das Monkey

Post by das Monkey »

nynaevelan wrote:Do to all the great Lyrics scripts out there I have all my lyrics except those hard to find ones, so I am going to give this a try with some of your brute force options to see if I get any positive results.

Nyn
"great Lyrics scripts out there"? Uh oh. I didn't duplicate someone else's work, did I? That would be most embarrassing. :oops:

I too have most of my lyrics imported from messing around with the Auto-Tag script, but I brute forced my way to another 60 or so successful finds about an hour ago.

das
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Where does it currently check?

I would like to search manually if it misses a track so I can adjust the config if needed

R.I.P (Rock in Peace) wasn't found not exactly sure why :(
das Monkey

Post by das Monkey »

drjboulder wrote:Nice work Das.
Any way to incorporate other lyric sites such as:
I hope so. This is certainly the next step. I wanted to get the basic interface and concept out there and start getting feedback as quickly as possible -- in case I was doing something crazy-wrong and needed to turn back -- but I definitely would like to hound other lyrics servers beyond lyricsplugin.com.

Thanks for those two links. If anyone else has more, please let me know. I'll start working on a way to incorporate them into the brute force algorithm.

das
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

das Monkey wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:Do to all the great Lyrics scripts out there I have all my lyrics except those hard to find ones, so I am going to give this a try with some of your brute force options to see if I get any positive results.

Nyn
"great Lyrics scripts out there"? Uh oh. I didn't duplicate someone else's work, did I? That would be most embarrassing. :oops:

I too have most of my lyrics imported from messing around with the Auto-Tag script, but I brute forced my way to another 60 or so successful finds about an hour ago.

das
I don't think you've duplicated anyone else's work, most of the ones I've used (Minilyrics Embedder, EvilTagger, Lyrics Plugin) are for individual tagging. As far as I know, this is the first mass-tagger, which is exactly what I've been looking for. Although it comes near the end of a many month journey, I still hope it will help me get through this last 800 or so. I hate having incomplete work. :cry:

Nyn

bob61

Post by bob61 »

Nice work - Interface is nice too. I second the suggestion to include addition sites for lyric look up ;)

I don't know if you can make this any faster with the look-up. In comparing the speed to what the Lyrics Pluggin was doing this script is running about half as fast.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Wow! Great script. Thanks. :)
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

I cant resize on this computer so i will remove images later

But the difference is that the first lyrics are touching the top of the MM screen

On the second I scrolled the track down so it no longer touched the top of the MM screen and it stops flashing

I use firefox so IE hasn't been updated still at ver 6.0.29.....

Images Removed
Last edited by MoDementia on Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
das Monkey

Post by das Monkey »

bob61 wrote:Nice work - Interface is nice too. I second the suggestion to include addition sites for lyric look up ;)

I don't know if you can make this any faster with the look-up. In comparing the speed to what the Lyrics Pluggin was doing this script is running about half as fast.
I'll look into speeding it up, but it'll probably end up being a slower solution than the Auto-Tag From Web interface we were using before. There are more layers of processing now in an attempt to allow for more robustness. It's still pretty quick, just not as lightning fast as before.

das
das Monkey

Post by das Monkey »

MoDementia wrote:I cant resize on this computer so i will remove images later

But the difference is that the first lyrics are touching the top of the MM screen

On the second I scrolled the track down so it no longer touched the top of the MM screen and it stops flashing

I use firefox so IE hasn't been updated still at ver 6.0.29.....
I'm not entirely sure I understand what the "flashing" is, but I see the major difference here. I'm truncating the lyrics in the table but still displaying the entire lyrics in the alternate title field, so you can hover over and see them. IE 7 only displays the first few hundred characters, so the popup is much smaller than what you're getting. Yours is trying to display the entire thing and is overwhelming your screen. I may just put a button on there to get the full lyrics, or maybe I'll just ignore that altogether. This is a batch-updater, and it should be obvious from the first two lines (what display now) whether or not the lyrics are accurate, or at least as accurate as we're going to get. You can remove the screencaps now, if you like. Thanks. I'll release an update that eliminates that issue.

das
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I was just wondering if you would consider the possibility of adding a white list to the brute force options. I have a lot of remixes which are failing to find lyrics. Personally I do not care if the lyrics version is from the original song or the remix version but I would like to have either if I had a choice. Thanks, although it is not as fast as the Lyrics plugin, the speed is not tooo bad.

Nyn