Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v0.9.6b [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

bob61

Post by bob61 »

As a follow-up to my message above - I think my problem is due to MonkeyRok. I've turned off MonkeyRok and processed the tracks. This appears to be faster once I press "Save" and appears to be more stable (no lock-ups or hidden "OK" pop-up box).
justin_f

Post by justin_f »

bob61 wrote:As a follow-up to my message above - I think my problem is due to MonkeyRok. I've turned off MonkeyRok and processed the tracks. This appears to be faster once I press "Save" and appears to be more stable (no lock-ups or hidden "OK" pop-up box).
I think you're right, bob. I was having the same issue of slow performance after clicking save. But turning MonkeyRok off made the saving nearly instantaneous.
das Monkey

Post by das Monkey »

Interesting. MonkeyRok and Lyricator play in the same sandbox with regard to ajax through an embedded browser, but I can't think of a reason why one would interfere with another. I too run MonkeyRok 3.2 and have had zero problems, but I'm using a heavily modified version of animated_wide instead of one of the defaults. I tried to name all my components with the Lyricator prefix, but maybe there's a namespace issue or something making Lyricator's search-result parsing bleed over into the MonkeyRok panel? I'm not in a position to look at the code from this machine, but I'll investigate further when I get the chance.

I guess for now we should recommend closing MonkeyRok during the Lyricator process until we figure it out. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'm glad you figured out a work-around.

das
bob61

Post by bob61 »

das Monkey wrote:Interesting. MonkeyRok and Lyricator play in the same sandbox with regard to ajax through an embedded browser, but I can't think of a reason why one would interfere with another.
das
Not sure why myself, but I've had MonkeyRok closed now and processed hundreds of tracks all without an incident - something is causing a conflict somewhere. Glad I figured out why so I can carve through the rest of my tracks.
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

I found out by accident that artist = "Various Artists" works for titles that have been covered a bit

Might be worth and option "Try Title with Artist = Various Artists"

Something else that I would find useful is a check box to accept or reject single line lyrics with "Instrumental"

Its use is so inconsistant that I would prefer to manually add it at a later date in a standard format.

Just with standard options I have 1800 more to do (many Instrumentals) out of 9500 Excellent work
I only did a few hundred at a time (watching them come up) and most looked accurate.
bob61

Post by bob61 »

Suggestion for future version - once tracks have been processed include a way to either sort the tracks so those where lyrics are found are at the top of the list or alternatively hide the tracks where no lyrics have been found. Objective is to focus only on tracks with lyrics so that you can quickly review and untag those that you don't want updated.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Another suggestion for a future version:

Have the option of having the confirmation screen (where it says 'xx lyrics saved') display or not.

:D
Stop Button Freak
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Suggestion: Use Original Artist instead of Artist for lookup, perhaps as a brute force option.

I just got a new CD where most of the tracks are covers of other songs but return no results in Lyricator under the current artist. I'm positive a match would come up using Original Artist - Title. Yes, I fill in original artists whenever I know the song is a cover so this feature would definitely be useful for me. I love covers and consequently have a lot!
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
NLS

Post by NLS »

I tried the script and when I select a track and then lyricator it gives me runtime error at line 119...
---
NLS
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

spacefish wrote:Suggestion: Use Original Artist instead of Artist for lookup, perhaps as a brute force option.

I just got a new CD where most of the tracks are covers of other songs but return no results in Lyricator under the current artist. I'm positive a match would come up using Original Artist - Title. Yes, I fill in original artists whenever I know the song is a cover so this feature would definitely be useful for me. I love covers and consequently have a lot!
Along with this, using Composer might also return results. If that could be added as an option too, it would be super!
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
simianbr71

Error 119 as well.

Post by simianbr71 »

I'm having same problem as NLS posted earlier: "I tried the script and when I select a track and then lyricator it gives me runtime error at line 119..."

I have an older computer and just installed the Lyricator. Hoping to get some ideas of ways to troubleshoot this problem. Thanks.
NLS

Post by NLS »

it's not the generation though - the computer I tried it on is pretty modern and with Vista Ultimate SP1...
---
NLS
NLS

Post by NLS »

ok found the problem - first needed configuration in the settings

now the problem is different... although I have selected all search engines, there are VERY WELL KNOWN songs (I mean real universal classics) that seem to be unrecognizable...

not many, but maybe a 10% which is more than enough for classics... so for less known songs, I suspect the percentage will be MUCH larger

maybe a bit too sensitive?

(btw my naming convention is "surname, name - song title" with possible parenthesis for things like "live" etc. ...I have chosen to ignore () anyway...)
---
NLS
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

surname, name - song title

Prob part of the problem
try "-" in the delimiters for title
and or ","

mine looks like this

",;/;-;12in;feat"
NLS

Post by NLS »

thanks will try

evillyrics and even plain google doesn't seem to have a problem with my naming convention though...
---
NLS