Discography Report 2.1 - Updated 17/02/2011

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

It works! Every artist I listed prior that threw up an empty report either works now ("Kool G Rap & DJ Polo", "The Notorious B.I.G.", "Lil' Wayne", "Eazy-E", "(hed) p.e.") or I checked manually on the site and don't seem to have any album information available. ("Who Wride", "Critical Bill" and "U$O") That is, with the exception of one. "Skatterman & Snug Brim" still results in an empty report, even though I checked on the site and there album "Urban Legendz" is present. Don't know what the deal there could be. (Link to Artist Profile)

With finding out that a couple of those don't seem to have Album Information present on the site, I got to thinking. Is it possible for the script to know this, and instead of throwing up an empty report... it would throw up a dialog box or something informing you of the No Album result?

Also thinking. Could there be more customization options added for the resulting report? Right now you get a list containing Album Name, Cover and a link for More information. Maybe some of these things could be made optional, leading to the possibility of output a simple list of Album Names for instance. I'm not going to gripe if you say it's not possible or something, simply throwing out ideas that could help evolve the script some more. :)

Also, with Discogs 'API' to get information, any chance of seeing it as a second source in the future? Last.FM is alright, but given Discogs is offering an API, just thought it might be easy to implememnt. *Shrugs* I'm content with the script as is now though. :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'll investigate that artist for you and find out what's going wrong.

The trouble with a popup alert warning you of no albums if that you might select 100 artists and half don't have albums then you've got 50 ok buttons to click before you can see the report! I could put a message instead of blank I suppose, but I thought blank spoke for itself! :)

I'm looking at doing a Discogs Tagger, but it doesn't currently fit into any of my current scripts so it'll need to be a new one, and I'll need to find some time! The reason being, the search url only returns a load of IDs, you then need to include that in a second url to actually get any details.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
sommo

Post by sommo »

Thanks for this!
sommo

Post by sommo »

Is there going to be a MM3 of this!?
Really would help me out!

Thanks!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It's on my (incredibly long) list! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.3) is now available from my website. Changes include...

- Made compatible with MM3
- Added confirmation screen to set options
- Fixed time appearing in release date
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Hey, Trix,

Never used this one with MM2...
Just tried it out for the first time.
Very nice!
:-? Yet another distraction! :x
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
sommo

Post by sommo »

Thanks for making it work with MM3 :D

Post by Guest »

im probably not doing this like most would use this tool but... i select all my tracks and choose to get one album from each artist in my collection the problem is when there are multiple artist per track it tries to find the artist "T.I.; Paul Wall" instead of "T.I." and "Paul Wall". Also if I put return 1 album does this come back with the highest rated album on last.fm? I have many contributing artists that I don't own any of their albums I would like to get the ones with the best tracks.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

At the moment the script doesn't really deal with multiple artists, as you've said. I'll try to improve this in the next version though.

The albums selected are the most popular albums, not the highest rated. Although this should still be a fairly good measure.

Post by Guest »

thanks!!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.4) is now available to download from my website. I have fixed multiple artists not being queried separately in MM3. :)
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Appears to run perfectly fine on artists with multiple values. However, when trying to run it on a track with only one artist, it throws up an error.

Code: Select all

Error #9 - Microsoft VBScript Runtime Error
Subscript out of range: 'loSwap'
File: "...DiscographyReport.vbs", Line: 791, Column: 4

Error happened during script execution:
I believe it to be the MultipleArtists/SingleArtists that is causing this. Every track with multiple artists I've tried has worked while single artist tracks appear to always toss this error.
NinjaNun

Post by NinjaNun »

Mizery_Made wrote:Appears to run perfectly fine on artists with multiple values. However, when trying to run it on a track with only one artist, it throws up an error.

Error #9 - Microsoft VBScript Runtime Error
File: "...DiscographyReport.vbs", Line: 791, Column: 4

Error happened during script execution:
I believe it to be the MultipleArtists/SingleArtists that is causing this. Every track with multiple artists I've tried has worked while single artist tracks appear to always toss this error.
I'm having the same problem.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.5) is now available to download from my website. Now it should work when only one artist is selected as well! :)