Select Multiple Tracks to Tag Lyrics Identically

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

spacefish

Select Multiple Tracks to Tag Lyrics Identically

Post by spacefish »

I'd like to see the Lyrics field work like other tag fields and enable a checkbox for multiple items, all to be tagged with the same input value when OK is pressed.

I have a lot of electronic music which have no lyrics and one thing that has always frustrated me about MM is that I cannot select all the tracks on a mix album (or more) to update the lyrics tags at the same time. I have to select each track individually, edit the lyrics tag with my custom value for no lyrics, alt-right, and repeat. It gets rather tedious after awhile.
Last edited by spacefish on Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

I had to this a little while back, and yes it was a pain :)
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Add my vote to the wish list.
If you know that all of the tracks that you have selected are "Instrumentals", it should be possible to tag all as such.
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
Bex

Post by Bex »

My duplicate script has a configurable Copy/Paste Tag function which makes this a little bit easier. Currently you can't copy from one to many but it will be implemented in the next version of the script.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
MM_Girl

Post by MM_Girl »

I have to second this...

I'm using MM3's Filters and Views feature to show me tracks that don't yet have lyrics. I have a LOT of instrumental tracks (love minimal electronic) so about 40% or so of my collection has no lyrics. It would be nice to batch-tag tracks as "instrumental" or something similar. That way, I could flag these as not necessary to scan again.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

This would be nice - but maybe Bex's script will do this now - I'll go check.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes, the feature to copy tags from one track to many is now implemented in my Duplicate script. Link in signature.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Teknojnky

Re: Select Multiple Tracks to Tag Lyrics Identically

Post by Teknojnky »

small script to update multiple files to the same lyrics (by default [instrumental]).

http://mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic. ... it=+lyrics