Right Click for Scripts -with buttons! (2008-09-07) [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

It didn't change anything. :cry:

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

if anyone is willing to be a tester - please download the latest installer and give it a shot. If it fails, then let me know what errors you get.

Then try commenting out or deleting the following line (this is the line that runs the routing to automatically fix other scripts that we previously manually edited:

Code: Select all

FixScript mnuScript(i) 
Try that and let me know if the errors change. Thanks for your patience. :oops:

Post by Guest »

onenonymous wrote:if anyone is willing to be a tester - please download the latest installer and give it a shot. If it fails, then let me know what errors you get.

Then try commenting out or deleting the following line (this is the line that runs the routing to automatically fix other scripts that we previously manually edited:

FixScript mnuScript(i) 
Id not use regexp since you are just searching for a string. It'll be better to use instr(1,string,searchForInString) > 0. It's probably faster and can be done inline.

Regards,
Red
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I'll give it a try at home because I do not have all the scripts on my work computer which I have on my desktop. BTW, I did not get the error on my work computer. :-?

Nyn

drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

onenonymous wrote:if anyone is willing to be a tester - please download the latest installer and give it a shot. If it fails, then let me know what errors you get.

FixScript mnuScript(i) 
Tried the new install package still got error messages.
Deleted the above line.
Still getting two Monkey bug report windows: "OLE error 80020102",
followed by:

I have tons of scripts installed, so it may be my set up.
Maybe a vista issue?
I am installing the script while the Monkey is being "Run As Administer".

The script does work for me. Just cannot have all the error messages whilst opening.
Sure would like to be able to "Right Click for Scripts"
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

DJ:

I usually get that error when I have the script info in the script.ini file but do not have the vbs file in the scripts directory. Are you sure the Randomise script it still in the directory??

I wonder if the errors are related to Vista, I think I will install all the ones I have at home on my work computer to see if it makes a difference?

Nyn

drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

The randomized playlist script seemed to be properly installed.
Deleted it and its' .ini reference and that error went away.
Course this brought up another issue with a bad ini reference, fixed that.
Now all seems ok, except I am still getting the OLE bug reports.

Knew it had to be related to my excessive script installations and lazy un-installs. :-?
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

@Red - thanks for the suggestion to use Instr - I'll do that in my next version.
nynaevelan wrote:I usually get that error when I have the script info in the script.ini file but do not have the vbs file in the scripts directory.
Nyn
Ah - :o I'm not checking for actual presence of the other script. So if there's an entry in Scripts.ini for it, I'm assuming it's there. I'll fix that in my next iteration. Thanks all for helping to make this work!
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

onenonymous wrote:@Red - thanks for the suggestion to use Instr - I'll do that in my next version.
nynaevelan wrote:I usually get that error when I have the script info in the script.ini file but do not have the vbs file in the scripts directory.
Nyn
Ah - :o I'm not checking for actual presence of the other script. So if there's an entry in Scripts.ini for it, I'm assuming it's there. I'll fix that in my next iteration. Thanks all for helping to make this work!
If you decide to implement a check for the vbs, could you have the text say something like xxx.vbs could not be located?? That would give the user an idea that the script is missing. I am also one for deleting the vbs but forgetting to delete the entry from the ini, how do you think I figured out what the problem was?? :-?

Nyn

onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

nynaevelan wrote:If you decide to implement a check for the vbs, could you have the text say something like xxx.vbs could not be located?? That would give the user an idea that the script is missing. I am also one for deleting the vbs but forgetting to delete the entry from the ini, how do you think I figured out what the problem was?? :-?
Nyn
I was thinking about making that as a separate script. A CleanScriptsIni script shouldn't be too tough.
EDIT: I cobbled one together: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27359
Last edited by onenonymous on Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

Updated the installer. Please try this and let me know about any errors you receive.

RightClickForScripts.mmip
Version 1.2.3
-Added 'On Error Resume Next" throughout
-Added checking for missing script files and skips loading them
-Changed code that used Regexp to use Instr
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Ok, I uninstalled and then reinstalled all the scripts which I had in MM (there were alot of them), the only one that I could find that was causing any problems is the case.vbs whcih came with MM. So I got rid of it since I never used it, I use Bex's Case Modify script and now I am back on track. Of course, I didn't test any of the scripts to ensure they actually work. That is a project for tomorrow.

Nyn

onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

nynaevelan wrote:If you decide to implement a check for the vbs, could you have the text say something like xxx.vbs could not be located?? That would give the user an idea that the script is missing. I am also one for deleting the vbs but forgetting to delete the entry from the ini, how do you think I figured out what the problem was?? :-?
Nyn
This one's for you Nyn... :D
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27359
Lil Byte

Post by Lil Byte »

I use XP Pro and get the same OLE error 80020102, so the error is not vista related.
Although I get the error each time I open MM3, I still get the Scripts option when I right click, so keep refining it and I'll keep testing it!
Very handy option, I like it a lot.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

I also get an OLE error with the latest version but my MM tends to stay stuck on the splash screen. With some finagling, I can get it to open but it's not really worth the effort on every restart. I've removed this script for now as the previous version was giving me vbs errors on execution fairly often. I ended up using the tools menu most of the time.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes