Toolbar support like in Firefox

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Is this feature-outline important to include in MM?

You may select 1 option

View results

Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Oh yes just like the favicons bar in firefox.
Love this idea.

+1
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Teknojnky wrote:#1 has to be: Lock the toolbars in their current position... its faaaaarrrr too easy to accidently grab/move a toolbar while simply cliking an icon on it.

as for customization of the toolbar itself..

I would prefer a standard microsoft 'customize toolbar' control exactly like internet explorer 6 and (older) office products.

works for me, priority is well...
Nonreality

Post by Nonreality »

It was one of the things that almost made me not use MM at the start. I too often accidentally changed the toolbar and took a bit to get it back. Think this is a must have feature.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I agree that this is a good feature to have, but I must say it hasn't been a problem that I've encountered. You all must be crazy clickers!
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Nordoelum

Post by Nordoelum »

I would rather see that MediaMonkey used a variation of the .NET 3.5 layout. Instead of the old 98-ish design it has today.
Morten

Post by Morten »

What's .NET 3.5? :)
Best regards,
Morten
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

> you should be able to drag playlists, nodes etc onto
> the tool bar to make shortcuts to regularly used things.

Agreed!
Chris
Nordoelum

Post by Nordoelum »

Mon1018

Post by Mon1018 »

This will be indeed a great enhancement.
dreadlyone

Post by dreadlyone »

MyCsPiTTa wrote:I definately think you should be able to drag playlists, nodes etc onto the tool bar to make shortcuts to regularly used things.
This would be an awesome feature in addition to everything Morten originally listed. A Favorites bar!!
soapynebula

I completely agree with some of this:

Post by soapynebula »

+ Disable unused buttons

+ Lock positions of Artwork, Now playing etc, (although this problem can be overcome by hiding the titles for artwork etc - you cannot rearrange the windows unless you drag the title bar AFAIK.

+ I dont think either of these need a fancy drag-and-drop user interface like IE though, which might indeed slow down MM. I think just tick boxes (and maybe arrows to rearrange the order) would be sufficient..! :D
Get MediaMonkey Gold, I dare you!
XIONG

Post by XIONG »

I think so ,
good luck.
Libelula

Re:

Post by Libelula »

Teknojnky wrote:#1 has to be: Lock the toolbars in their current position... its faaaaarrrr too easy to accidently grab/move a toolbar while simply cliking an icon on it.

as for customization of the toolbar itself..

I would prefer a standard microsoft 'customize toolbar' control exactly like internet explorer 6 and (older) office products.

I completely agre with the above. The first thing I do after installing any piece of software is I customize the toolbars. There are a lot of icons I find superfluous and would love to have the option of removing.

Locking the toolbars or even saving a particular configuration/profile like in Photoshop is a very good idea. I wouwld prefer profiles as I could create one for playback, one for riping/burning music and one for organizing my library.

I would really like different types of icons as some of the current ones don't mean anything to me unless I see the description.
Or even creating our own "icons" with key words (eg. rip, burn, play, exp) instead of icons, or load our own icons maybe.
The current icons are too small for me.

I'm not sure if this is related, but I would really love the option of minimising the music explorer tree to a thin toolbaron the left. Just like the Opera toolbar containing the favourites, downloads, history, etc on the left which extends when clicking on one of the icons.

While I do want icons and shortcuts, there are so many of them for the same things(eg. music explorer) that it can get really confusing.

Re: Toolbar support like in Firefox

Post by Guest »

Strongly Agree with this! Would be great to see it implemented
kbsg

Re: Toolbar support like in Firefox

Post by kbsg »

It's average! The lock feature can be useful. But still.... :wink: