Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I would prefer to have the artists checked individually, whoever the primary artist is should be what GF is searching for. But my multiple artist use is minimal so I'm ok with whatever the consensus is.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.0) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added album and artist modes in MM3
- Fixed "Error starting new transation..." messages
- Fixed confirmation screen locking up
- Added option to check library before querying in album mode
- Added timings mode to debug options

Hopefully that should sort out all the crashes! Let me know if you're still having any problems. :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
prinzip

Post by prinzip »

trixmoto wrote:New version (3.0) is now available to download from my website.
.../mm/go.php?f=GenreFinder30.mmip
File does not exist. Make sure you specified correct file name. :cry:

cu, Maik
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well the file is definitely there and has the right permissions, but I'm getting the same error. All I can say is I'm working on it! :-?

EDIT: Sorted now! :D
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
benzo8

Post by benzo8 »

Thanks Trix - working great!

One small request - would it be possible to make a configuration option so that the Confirmation Screen is used when you manually call the scripts with the toolbar button, but NOT when it's running automatically on the playing track?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm glad it's working for you - I'll take a look at adding this in the next version.
xpurityx

WOW, many thanks!

Post by xpurityx »

Been lurking here for a while waiting for Artist Mode. Thank you soooo much! Works like a champ!
xpurityx

oops, broke it

Post by xpurityx »

looks like the ' character needs to be converted before sending the query
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This won't be a problem in the next version as Bex has helped me with a more efficient statement to replace this one. I'll try to get it sorted soon. :)
theshawn

Post by theshawn »

Album/Artist mode - how does it work?

(sorry if its obvious :oops: )
theshawn

Expand multivalues option?

Post by theshawn »

First, I love this tool, it may be my favorite plugin.

Next, I've decided to put one white-listed value for Genre.

I would like to get a few more of the tags and put them in a custom field (calling it Style). So, I'd love the option to have a checkbox or just a single integer box following each row of "UPDATE LISTS".

What do you think?

On a side note, is there a way to black-list everything listed in the whitelist of another field (Genre)?

Thanks!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well the artist mode works by calling the artist webservice for each artist. The album mode works by calling the track webservice for each track in the album until there is a concensus.

I don't understand what the "checkbox or just a single integer box" would be for, sorry. Can you explain in more detail?

Yes, just set up a field like this... "Custom1 | Black | *Genre"
theshawn

Post by theshawn »

trixmoto wrote:Well the artist mode works by calling the artist webservice for each artist. The album mode works by calling the track webservice for each track in the album until there is a concensus.
But how do I use the artist or album mode. Under the Artist nodes in the tree?
trixmoto wrote:I don't understand what the "checkbox or just a single integer box" would be for, sorry. Can you explain in more detail?
Currently you have a checkbox for "Tag with multiple values?", across from that checkbox there is a textbox for entering "Use top results". I may be missing something, but this could be minimized to just a "Use top results" - unless 0 means unlimited? My idea is put one "Use top results" next to each 'Update List' row. So I'd see:
UPDATE LISTS...
[Genre] [White] [--my white list--] [1]
[Custom1][Black][--my black list---] [5]

The Custom1 would allow up to 5 tags/values to be inserted, while Genre would only populate the top 1 result found.

trixmoto wrote:Yes, just set up a field like this... "Custom1 | Black | *Genre"
Great, thanks!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

For artist mode you select tracks and it will process any artists that are involved with these tracks (in the Artist field only), processing multiple artists separately. So if you selected three tracks...
1) Basement Jaxx; Dizzee Rascal
2) Basement Jaxx
3) Basement Jaxx; JC Chasez

...then you'd get three artists processed and all the tracks who's primary artist (first artist in the Artist field) matches will be tagged with the results. This means that although "Dizzee Rascal" will be processed, the first track in this example would only get tagged with the results from "Basement Jaxx".

I wanted to put this value at the end of each row, but the way that the script deals with multiple values meant that this was impossible, sorry.
xpurityx

Found another issue

Post by xpurityx »

For some reason, this script doesn't want to be called with a Hotkey. I had it set to Shift+Ctrl+G, and changed it to a few others. It would get stuck at "GenreFinder: Initialising script..."

I tried placing some MessageBoxes to figure out where it was failing and it looked like Controller() was continually being called but would eventually give me the "Sorry, the progress bar has been lost." if I had the MessageBoxes in the code.

I also tried to Terminate from the progress bar, but it would stay stuck at "Initialising script..." and I wouldn't be able to call the script until I restarted MM.

Not a big deal now that I just manually call the script from the menu, just something that may be worth looking into. Thanks again for this impressive script, along with all you do for this community.