RightClickForWeb With Tagging[MM3] (v1.60 2008-07-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

spacefish

Post by spacefish »

I've been getting the following error intermittently with the new version. The script still seems to function properly, i.e. my web page opens (Firefox).

MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

@ Son of Spam - I use mediafire.com for hosting my files. I noticed this weekend that they were having some problems, but when I checked just now, the file downloaded ok.

@spacefish - that line is the one that launches the browser. it's the 2nd line in the code below. You might try to turn on logging from the toolbar button then check the log after you get this error to see if anything is obviously wrong.

Code: Select all

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") 
WshShell.Run(strURL)
I didn't change anything that should affect the way it opens the browser. Perhaps it's specific web sites that are causing the errors? Also, I noticed I didn't include an "On Error Resume Next" line in the procedure.
I've added that and re-uploaded the installer. I'm at work without my MM :cry: so I can't check that this actually worked. Here's the url for the re-uploaded file: http://www.mediafire.com/?etmgjzxm9zt
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

onenonymous wrote:I'm at work without my MM :cry
Thast's blasphemy, who goes to work without MM?? :wink:
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

onenonymous wrote:Perhaps it's specific web sites that are causing the errors? Also, I noticed I didn't include an "On Error Resume Next" line in the procedure.
I've added that and re-uploaded the installer. I'm at work without my MM :cry: so I can't check that this actually worked. Here's the url for the re-uploaded file: http://www.mediafire.com/?etmgjzxm9zt
Thanks, I'll turn on logging and give the new build a try. I've been using it primarily to look up by artist/album on AllMusic. In fact, I don't think I've used the recent version for any other sites thus far.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
hintergrundrauschen

Post by hintergrundrauschen »

Love this script, I do a lot of lookups, and its much easier to use than WebPanels and WebNodes, IMHO.

Three issues:

1) my most important question: having MM maximized ("full screen") and using "MM separate window", the floating window will not stay on top of MM main window when I click somewhere in the MM main window - contrary to the album art floating window. I already started to think that it closed, but when I "downsize" the MM window, I can see the "floating" window behind MM main window and access it by clicking onto it. I cannot figure out any other way to access that window, especially when MM is maximized. Is something going on unintended here or is this the standard behavior?! I'd love it to behave like the album art popup/floating window, i.e. stay always on top.

This important to me because I'd like to switch the focus back and forth between MM main window and the popup, so I can e.g. play an album's songs that AllMusicGuide rated as "track picks", or play different tracks or albums while reading through AMG's artist biography or discography. AMG is slow and I don't want to activate and load the window over and over again. This also is the reason for the next issue:

2) using "MM internal browser" (as an alternative to the above, but I'd prefer the separate window over the internal window), clicking on the "Web/Web Lookup" node in the navigation tree triggers an OnClick event, I assume, leading to a load/reload of the web page.

I'd love it not to do that, or at least give me the option to configure that. I understand that WebNodes needs to do that, because clicking on the WebNode is the only way to start the lookup, but thats not the case for RightClickforWeb. Also, I'm not talking about the auto reload when using the "Now Playing" option - which is great. But sometimes I want to change between the web page and some other view (e.g. album list), and when I come back to the web node it reloads - which (a) takes time and (b) often is annoying, because it first shows be googles search result or whatever. Any idea to that?

This is especially annoying when searching for multi-CD-albums, since I use MusicBrainz syntax for "album"-titles: e.g. "Endtroducing... (disc 2)". Due to the "(disc 2)", google won't find a result for AMG or discogs, and then I need to change the search string manually in the web page. Doing this over and over... :evil:

3) It might be useful to add "album artist/album" or just "album" at least to the AllMusicGuide search, because otherwise quite often it won't find any result for compilations/Various Artist or remix albums (because sometimes not all pertformers are listed or an album's detail page is not in google's database, but discography list or something else is (AMG)). I can change this on my own, but it might be useful for most users interested in AMG.
Claude
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

Thanks Claude - glad it's useful to you. Some thoughts:
1) Since I use a MM window, I don't know if I have any control over how it interacts with MM when MM is maximised. I'll look into creating a new floating panel instead - this way you could dock the panel if you want.
2) I'll look into ways to modify the behaviour of the node. It's doable - just need to figure out the best way for the interface to work.
3) If you want to create and post the ini entries for AMG, I'll add them to my next update for everyone.
hintergrundrauschen

1) Since I use a MM window, I don't know if I have any control over how it interacts with MM when MM is maximised. I'll look into creating a new floating panel instead - this way you could dock the panel if you want.
Got that. Maybe a developer or scripter could comment on that, if it's a general think not specific to this script.

OK, here's my .ini extension. This of course belongs right below the existing two AMG entries:

Group=Allmusic
Caption=Album Artist/Album
URL=http://www.google.com/search?btnI&q="%albumartist%"+"%album%"+site:allmusic.com

Group=Allmusic
Caption=Album
URL=http://www.google.com/search?btnI&q="%album%"+site:allmusic.com
Separator=True
This is straightforward.

Now, the following is something new, and only in case you like it you'll need the separator mentioned above. These URLs access AMG's search form - no backward engineering or magic, just the same parameters you'll find in the HTML code of AMG's home page. The original search form uses POST form variables, but GET works exactly the same way.

Actually, in the end it's not that much different from the Google search with "feeling Lucky" option, but in case there is no perfect match for your query, you'll get an AMG overview list of artists/albums/songs. Rename (AMG) to whatever you want, if you want to. We could use different icons, but the AMG icon could be problematic, legally. :roll:

Group=Allmusic
Caption=(AMG) Artist
URL=http://www.allmusicguide.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&opt1=1&sql="%artist%"

Group=Allmusic
Caption=(AMG) Album
URL=http://www.allmusicguide.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&opt1=2&sql="%album%"

Group=Allmusic
Caption=(AMG) Song
URL=http://www.allmusicguide.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&opt1=3&sql="%title%"
Here's a problem: maybe we need a more sophisticated URLencoding. Suppose the album name is "The Entertainist". Then the search string will be "The+Entertainist". Don't know if the script, MM or the browser adds the plus/+. The search via Google works fine, since Google interprets

http://www.google.com/search?q="The+Entertainist"+site:allmusic.com
or

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22The+Entertainist%22+site:allmusic.com
as a search for this:

"The Entertainist" site:allmusic.com
The feeling lucky option leads to the perfect AMG page. But AMG does not interpret the plus as a space, so the URL

http://www.allmusicguide.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&opt1=2&sql="The+Entertainist"
leads to the search string

The+Entertainist
Therefore, an overview list with possible matches will be shown.

We should get rid of the "+". Because, actually, the problem is much bigger: Google will also run into problems when the URL contains special characters, like Spanish, German etc. Poor Señor Coconut becomes

"Se%Ã%±or Coconut and His Orchestra"
- at least using my IE character preset (?). Do you use URLencode?

Further Note: There's one more AMG search option: classical work. But this search might not be useful at all, since it expects a search string like "Beethoven symphony 9", and we can't provide that. Anyways, here's the potential code:

Group=Allmusic
Caption=(AMG) Classical Work
URL=http://www.allmusicguide.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&opt1=55&sql="%title%"
Long before WebNodes/RightClickforWeb, I used these URLs as "search engine" templates in my Forefox browser (where wiki, google, yahoo etc. are preset). If someone needs to know how, let me know.
Claude
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

My script is adding the '+' to replace spaces. I'll have to think of a method to not add for URLs when it causes problems.

I found a function to replace extended alphabet characters so will give that a shot to fix the issue with Señor Coconut and his friends (see http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... &start=727) I'm not sure what that will do to other urls, so will need to test for a while.

Also, I've done some work on integrating a Panel for the browser which will address your need to switch back and forth. That will take a bit to get right though, so stay tuned for updates - probably not before next weekend though.
hintergrundrauschen

onenonymous, thanks for your quick reply!
so stay tuned for updates - probably not before next weekend though.
Don't worry, this is not urgent! :)

The ReplaceForbChars script you found seems very well suited.

Just as a technical information:

I know both + and %20 are used to encode <space> in URLs, although I have always only used URLencode (%20) myself. Actually, IE and Firefox also accept a normal <space> and URLencode it themselves - therefore there would be no reason to encode that at all. But older versions of Netscape and Opera don't, I think, so maybe it's better to continue encoding that...

URLencoding is the standard for encoding ASCII characters in URLs, that are reserved (like ! * ' ( ) ; : @ & = + $ , / ? % # [ ] and <space>), but the standard (RFC 3986) does not specify how to encode non-ASCII characters like ñ, ä, ö, ü...

AMGs problem with <space> as well as an even more than usual problem with ñ is probably related to the fact that for the AllMusicGuide, I access the html form - and that means, I am dependent on AMG's system's encoding, I guess. Although RFC 3629 advises to use an encoding corresponding to UTF-8 (ñ => %C3%B1) for global compatibility, AMG uses the older iso-8859-1 (shown in the html pages' code), and therefore ñ would have to be %F1 (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO/IEC_8859-1). AMG encodes ñ as %f1, and <space> as + when using the real html form, but that only works with POST, not with GET - don't ask why.

If you look at AMGs profile for Senor Coconut, you'll see that the internal links use non-special-character-strings!! I.E.

http://www.allmusicguide.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&searchlink=SENOR|COCONUT&sql=11:knfrxq9aldke~T1
And that also works when using the form, also with GET. I did find a script by Trixmoto posted by Teknojnky that emulates URLencode, http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=116430 but since "Senor Coconut" works fine with AMG and Google, maybe there's no need for URLencode, and the script you found (ReplaceForbChars by chx) is the best solution, after all.

BTW: in your script, I changed the line 649 from s = "+" to s = "%20" and it works with AMG (the "The+Entertainist" problem). Do you know what's trix's reason for using + instead of %20?
Claude

Post by Guest »

I'm not sure what the problem is but I've run the installer multiple times, w/mm open w/mm closed, etc... Nothing seems to happen. I watched task manager, right clicked the installer and selected Install MM Package, but no new processes spawn and nothing happens. I have installed other scripts with no problems so I'm not sure whats going on. I checked the progra~1\MM\Scripts and \auto folder and my other scripts are there but nothing for this one.

I'm not familiar with the MMIP contents or how to manually extract the files. Is there a way to run this with a switch or something to extract the .vbs, and .ini files?

Thanks in Advance
myeyedeas

Post by myeyedeas »

Sorry for the double post but this is my first post in the forum and I was having trouble posting with my user name.
-------------------------------------------------------
I'm not sure what the problem is but I've run the installer multiple times, w/mm open w/mm closed, etc... Nothing seems to happen. I watched task manager, right clicked the installer and selected Install MM Package, but no new processes spawn and nothing happens. I have installed other scripts with no problems so I'm not sure whats going on. I checked the progra~1\MM\Scripts and \auto folder and my other scripts are there but nothing for this one.

I'm not familiar with the MMIP contents or how to manually extract the files. Is there a way to run this with a switch or something to extract the .vbs, and .ini files?

Thanks in Advance
Lifetime MM Gold 3.0
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

myeyedeas wrote:I'm not familiar with the MMIP contents or how to manually extract the files. Is there a way to run this with a switch or something to extract the .vbs, and .ini files?
Thanks in Advance
MMIP files are just ZIP files with the MMIP extension. You can rename to .zip and unzip the contents, then copy the 3 files named RichClickForWeb.* into your Scripts/Auto folder. (The other 3 files in the MMIP file are just used for the install process, so you don't need to copy them over).

There's nothing special going on with my installer, so not sure why it won't work on your system if other scripts work.
LionShare

Post by LionShare »

Looks like a script I can use on a heavenly type basis...I get the following error after vanilla install of this script upon initiating MM2.5.5.♦998- any and all feedback is appreciated.

Cheers
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

LionShare:

This script is for MM3 only. :cry:

Nyn

EDIT: One:

Maybe you should change the title to emphasize it is only for MM3?

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
LionShare

Post by LionShare »

Thank you my good man...unless I'm taking long blinks and missed something, indicating version compatibility might be a good thing.

Cheers