[MM2+3] Update Custom Fields with Pre-Selection

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Thanks for clearing that up. There was some confusion on that fact due to the topic title having "[MM2+3]" yet you said at some point that it didn't work with MM3, and I don't see anything other then the title that would indicate otherwise.

However, it looks like it's only set up for Custom 1-3, there are now 5 Customs. It might be simple enough to add support for the two new fields but I know about 2% about VBScript and would hate to go and try myself only to break something badly. (The two new custom fields just happen to be where I'm storing things that this script would make easier.)
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

OK, I've updated it for you.
Please try it and let me know if it works for all 5 custom fields.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

The script seems to function the same for Custom 4 & 5 as it does the others. However, it doesn't update the tags of the file and the file doesn't show up in the Unsynchronized Tags node which is strange (it does that for all custom fields, not just 4 & 5).
hintergrundrauschen

Post by hintergrundrauschen »

Hallo Onkel Enno,

I was looking for a way to easily access various important keywords I would like to use for tagging songs. I wrote about that here http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 324#139129.

I think that, ideally, MM would provide an extra classification field with the usual functionality but without a special name like Mood, Occasion - just "Keywords". This way it would provide perfect integration into the UI.

But in your first post the screenshot shows that you are doing just that with your script! :o :D I still think this would be a good addition to the official classification system, but the script is quite close to that, already! Thanks!
Claude
emalvick

Re: [MM2+3] Update Custom Fields with Pre-Selection

Post by emalvick »

I just started using this script as a toggle for files to synchronize to a device (in combination with Magic Nodes).

One problem I am finding is that if I have multiple items selected, even with the same value in the Custom field, no check mark is shown. This is a bit confusing as I can't tell if I am clearing a check or not when I right click for multiple files. Is there some sort of edit I can do to make this work? i.e. if all selected files have the same value show a check next to that value.

This is a great script by the way.