Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

istanbul wrote:However, it displays something like 14 decimals.
You are most likely using some old buggy version of the script. Please take a latest version from the first post of this thread.
istanbul

Post by istanbul »

Nope, that's not it. I installed the most recent version (1.7.5.2, using MM 3.0.3.1140 on Vista), and am still getting 14 decimals. If this is abnormal behaviour, I guess one of the many other scripts I'm using have upset something in MM. Maybe I should go for a full reinstall.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

I have used the following mask to browse files by encoding, but it also displays all my streaming radio stations, which I don't want.
For example. One of the streaming radio stations it displays is this:
net:8003/

Encoding\<format>\<bitrate>\<sample rate>\<VBR>

How do I get it not to display my streaming radio stations? In fact the radio streams appear in a few of my masks where I don't want them.

By the way. What does <VBR> do in this mask?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

istanbul wrote:Nope, that's not it. I installed the most recent version (1.7.5.2, using MM 3.0.3.1140 on Vista), and am still getting 14 decimals. If this is abnormal behaviour, I guess one of the many other scripts I'm using have upset something in MM. Maybe I should go for a full reinstall.
As I know this is abnormal behavior which recently nobody reported. Some of previous versions of this script had exactly the same problem as you described and because of that I thought it is a reason for that. I don't think this problem could have something in relation with some another script. I suppose it has something with your regional settings of Windows. Which is your decimal point? Could you temporary try with English settings and see if it something changes?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

dypsis wrote:I have used the following mask to browse files by encoding, but it also displays all my streaming radio stations, which I don't want.
This is a really weird behavior. How did you entered radio stations and how you see them inside of the Path column of the tracklist? Are they displayed as others audio files (MP3,...)? Which is your version of MM and MN?

Quick solution to filter off those "tracks" are to use Filter qualifier, something like this:

Encoding|Filter:<Path> Not Like 'net:%'\<format>...
It displays if tracks have variable or constant bitrate. If you don't want this, you could remove it from the mask.
istanbul

Post by istanbul »

ZvezdanD wrote: I suppose it has something with your regional settings of Windows. Which is your decimal point? Could you temporary try with English settings and see if it something changes?
I am very impressed by your deductive powers! Changing the regional settings did indeed have an impact, it now shows average number of stars. However, for my purposes this is not fine-grained enough, 90% of my albums have average scores between 2 and 3 stars. Is there any way to display the scores as integers or with one decimal on a 0-100 scale? If not, I'll just go back to my 14 decimals :wink:
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

istanbul wrote:Changing the regional settings did indeed have an impact, it now shows average number of stars.
Eh, this should not happen. I though that I resolved this problem and that script works without of regard which is actual regional setting. I need to look again on this. You didn't answered what regional settings you have. From your username I suppose you have Turkish settings, right? I wish to try on my computer with same settings as you have.
However, for my purposes this is not fine-grained enough, 90% of my albums have average scores between 2 and 3 stars. Is there any way to display the scores as integers or with one decimal on a 0-100 scale?
I am not sure if I understand you. There is one possible value between 2 and 3 and it is displayed as 2.5 stars. Currently there is no possibility to get more detailed display of rating.

If this matters, you should know that sorting takes in account exact calculated value (with all decimal digits), not only displayed (rounded) value. So, if you have three songs, one with 2.12345, second with 2.23456 and third with 2.01234, they will be correctly sorted, although all three tracks have displayed 2 stars.
istanbul

Post by istanbul »

Ok, thanks for your help. For the record, my regional settings were Norwegian.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

ZvezdanD wrote:
dypsis wrote:I have used the following mask to browse files by encoding, but it also displays all my streaming radio stations, which I don't want.
This is a really weird behavior. How did you entered radio stations and how you see them inside of the Path column of the tracklist? Are they displayed as others audio files (MP3,...)? Which is your version of MM and MN?

Quick solution to filter off those "tracks" are to use Filter qualifier, something like this:

Encoding|Filter:<Path> Not Like 'net:%'\<format>...
It displays if tracks have variable or constant bitrate. If you don't want this, you could remove it from the mask.
I have made playlists of my radio stations by using Open URL or File.

They are public radio stations, but they are hosted by my ISP.

Below is an example of how they appear in the Path column.

http://radio.myisp.on.net:8084/

The filter didn't seem to make any difference.
BTW. Am I able to sort my Magic Nodes in alphabetical order?

I am using Media Monkey v3.0.3.1173 RC-7.
I am using Magic Nodes v1.7.5.2 (beta)
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

dypsis wrote:http://radio.myisp.on.net:8084/

This is because you didn't told me the full path in the first post. You could try something like this:

Encoding|Filter:<Path> Not Like 'http://%'\<format>...
Am I able to sort my Magic Nodes in alphabetical order?
Sorry, this is not possible. They are sorted as you entered them. But you could manually change their order by editing the CustomNodeMasks section of the MediaMonkey.INI file with Notepad for example.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

ZvezdanD wrote:
dypsis wrote:http://radio.myisp.on.net:8084/

This is because you didn't told me the full path in the first post. You could try something like this:

Encoding|Filter:<Path> Not Like 'http://%'\<format>...
Am I able to sort my Magic Nodes in alphabetical order?
Sorry, this is not possible. They are sorted as you entered them. But you could manually change their order by editing the CustomNodeMasks section of the MediaMonkey.INI file with Notepad for example.
Thanks ZvezdanD. That works... :)
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

I am trying to create a node to display tracks since last time played, but I wan to limit it to maybe 20 of the longest time since tracks were played.

Maybe something similar to Artist (by Last Time Played):

Artist (by Last Time Played)|icon:top level\<artist>\<time since last played>

But for tracks, and with a limit on the number of tracks displayed.

Can this be done?

Thanks...
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

dypsis wrote:I am trying to create a node to display tracks since last time played, but I wan to limit it to maybe 20
I am not sure if understand what you want, but you could try:

Code: Select all

Tracks (by Last Time Played)|icon:top level\<Title>\<time since last played|Max tracks:20>
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

istanbul wrote:For the record, my regional settings were Norwegian.
Yes indeed, there was a problem with some locales which have a comma as decimal character, but not with all.

There is a new revision of the scrpt (1.7.5.3) with fixed this bug. Unfortunately, it don't resolve your needs. You know, there was one old version which had a display of average rating exactly as you want (with one decimal digit), but I changed that on request to a half star only. Anyway, thanks for the report.
Kiteroa

Magic Nodes - now playing data

Post by Kiteroa »

Does Magic Nodes allow me to get hold of data from the current playing track to use in a query??

I'd like a node to display other songs by the same artist as is currently playing.