Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.2 (2011-04-24) [MM3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Gege:

Would it be out of the realm of possibilities to have CLV use either the now playing or selected track?

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
barkoz

Luv It

Post by barkoz »

What else can I say... I love this, esp the eclipse skin. I feel sorry for all those people who just use the standard MM3 without all the added extras available here, like a few of the others i'm running out of space and can't wait to get a 22inch wide screen. LOL
nynaevelan

Re: Luv It

Post by nynaevelan »

barkoz wrote:What else can I say... I love this, esp the eclipse skin. I feel sorry for all those people who just use the standard MM3 without all the added extras available here, like a few of the others i'm running out of space and can't wait to get a 22inch wide screen. LOL
:P I feel your pain, but even with a 24" I still need more room. :wink:

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
barkoz

24 Inch!!!

Post by barkoz »

Damn. Now I feel really puny. That's it, my next monitor(s) will not only be 24 inch... but there will be 3 of them!
I'll Be Back
gege

Lyrics and Comment Viewer v1.3 has just been released

Post by gege »

Lyrics and Comment Viewer v1.3 has just been released.

Version 1.3: May 24, 2008
- Added: Option to alternatively display lyrics of selected song. Behavior can be set in option sheet. Take a look at the Mixed Mode! (Thanks Nyn for the suggestions and the beta testing!)
- Added: New 'Songbird' theme (* see note below) to match MM3 Songbird skin, by magicalpig. To see how it looks like, take a look at this post.
- Updated: option sheet was totally reorganized.
- Updated: All skins now have customized scrollbars
- Fixed: CheckBox labels of option sheet not being translated in recent MM3 builds
- Fixed: Empty parenthesis is shown if Year field is empty and Show Year option is active

Go get it in the fist post!

I hope you like it. And please, send your comments and suggestions!

Note: Because the html markup of Lyrics Viewer is far from perfect, the Songbird skin has some limitations:
- You shouldn't select more than three lines of fields to be shown in header (typically Title, Artist and Album, with Track# being optional);
- If you're using exactly three lines of fields and one of them is too long, spreading across two lines of text, part of the header will "overflow" outside the header borders :-(
Sammy20

Post by Sammy20 »

Is it possible to have an option to remove the close button on this panel?

I get tired of guests accidentally closing it when there browsing my collection.

Or is there a line of code I could edit to get rid of it?
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Sorry this message should have been in the lyricator thread - both of these are so awesome - they just go together! sorry!
Last edited by Seeker on Sun May 25, 2008 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gege

Post by gege »

DreadM wrote:Today i download version 1.3 of Lyrics and comment viewer,but songbird skin don't look like your screenshot,its white, all others looks correct maybe you look for this again.
Shame on me. There was an error in the installer :oops: So, I've released v1.3.1:

1.3.1: May 25, 2008
- Fixed: Due to an error in installer, Songbird skin files were not being correctly copied.

Those who have downloaded v1.3 and want to use songbird theme, should download this new version.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Absolutely awesome. This makes lyrics useful to me - and to the wife - she loves it.

Back to flac - my entire collection is in flac - and the lyrics work fine, tagged, etc.

But I'm worried - I recently learned that I may have "weird" flac files in that they were created in EAC and thus have id3 tags instead of vorbis tags and thus they really are not standard, bad, etc.

I started to use some tools to strip away the id3 tags in favor of vorbis tags, but am worried I will lose some of the tags, or have to figure out a way to copy them.

BUT NOW AS I LOOK AT the lyrics viewer, I went hmmmm --- id3v2 embedded Lyrics AND/OR Comment. --- even says so on empty lyric fields.

Why not just "No lyrics found."

So, do you know the answer re vorbis tags vs id3v2 tags and flac files, or should I experiment and report back here?
gege

Post by gege »

Seeker, I really can't help you with FLAC, because I don't use it... :-(

If I understood correctly, you're stripping away ID3 tags from your FLACs, but Lyrics Viewer is still showing the lyrics (is this the case?)
Probably, this is happening because LV is grabbing the lyrics from the Library, not from the tags.
If this is the case, than maybe (and this is a BIG maybe), after removing ID3 tags, if you 'Synchronize Tags' within MM, it will write the contents of the Library (including Lyrics) to Vorbis tags in your FLACs... This would be great, don't you think?

BTW, which tool are you using to remove the ID3 tags? MM itself? Or an external tool?
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

gege wrote:Seeker, I really can't help you with FLAC, because I don't use it... :-(

If I understood correctly, you're stripping away ID3 tags from your FLACs, but Lyrics Viewer is still showing the lyrics (is this the case?)
Haven't done it yet, scared to - I'm assuming everything is working great at the moment BECAUSE I have ID3 tags in my flac files and am worried about the 'after' - but I plan to test today

Probably, this is happening because LV is grabbing the lyrics from the Library, not from the tags.
If this is the case, than maybe (and this is a BIG maybe), after removing ID3 tags, if you 'Synchronize Tags' within MM, it will write the contents of the Library (including Lyrics) to Vorbis tags in your FLACs... This would be great, don't you think?

Yes it would, and I plan to test quite a few ways

BTW, which tool are you using to remove the ID3 tags? MM itself? Or an external tool?
I didn't know MM would strip the tags. I'm using MP3Tag or another tool - don't really know - going by advice in another thread.
I'll keep you informed for future reference.
gege

Post by gege »

Seeker wrote:I didn't know MM would strip the tags.
"Tools > Advanced Tag Management > Clean ID3v1 and ID3v2 Tags..."
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Is "clean" the same as "remove"?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, I believe so.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

But does it clean ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags from FLAC files without touching any part of the FLAC tags?

If it does, then it is a very handy tool indeed.

Can someone please confirm?