View Mode [MM3] - Remember Node Specific View Settings

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

DaledeSilva

View Mode [MM3] - Remember Node Specific View Settings

Post by DaledeSilva »

Do you use a bunch of different nodes commonly that you always have to switch to a particular view mode for?
Maybe you want the Track Browser open when you click on your artist node, but not when you click on other nodes. With this script, you can set up specific view settings for different nodes.

The new view modes in MediaMonkey 3 are great. They let your browse your collection in a few different ways that work best for different tasks. However, quite often the browsing method and view mode are specific to particular nodes you use, and every time you click on those nodes, you have to manually select the view mode or Track Browser visibility.

View Mode adds 2 branches to the right click menu when you click on compatible nodes. Simply choose one of the 3 view modes (Details, Album Art, Album Art & Details) and the node will remember those settings. The second branch allows you to choose between a visible Track Browser or a hidden one. Next time you click on the node, these view settings will automatically be applied for you.

If you want View Mode to forget specific settings for a node, choose "Clear Default" from that nodes right click menu.

You'll find the script on this page:
http://www.ublik-om.net/software/view-mode

- Please note that View Mode will only run with MediaMonkey 3.0.3.1050 or higher.
Last edited by DaledeSilva on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
Queseuq

Post by Queseuq »

Yes! I was just thinking it would be useful if I could do this the other day, and now I can :D
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

As a note, My initial intention with this script was to automatically detect when the user is browsing the library and when they click on an artist's node or a single album node, to tailor the view mode to the most useful for that situation.

However, this 'generic' implementation is unfinished because I came accross what seems to be MM bugs.

Anyone who is tech savvy, please feel free to uncomment lines 138 - 155 and line 158 and test.
I've commented at the head of those lines about the strange behaviour I'm getting. The msgboxes will allow you to confirm it and tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if it is an MM bug.

The idea is that with that code, View Mode should be able to change to Album Art + Details when someone clicks on an artists node and change to Details view when they click on a single album node.

Dale.
Queseuq

Post by Queseuq »

I'm getting an error when click or return focus to Media Monkey. It's either 'Error executing script event' or sometimes when I right click it tells me that object 'theNode' is required, which it doesn't have because I didn't right click on a node.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

Queseuq wrote:I'm getting an error when click or return focus to Media Monkey. It's either 'Error executing script event' or sometimes when I right click it tells me that object 'theNode' is required, which it doesn't have because I didn't right click on a node.
can you please clear your cache and download again.. I noticed the "theNode" error shortly after uploading and then I fixed it and uploaded again straight away..

If you still get an error.. please let me know what line number and file it says in the error dialog.

thanks,
Dale.
Queseuq

Post by Queseuq »

Heh, too quick off the mark I guess :)
Nebbin

Re: View Mode [MM3] - Remember Node Specific View Settings

Post by Nebbin »

Hi Dale,

Is there anyway to have these filtered nodes to remember the Sort order of the columns? For example: The normal Library nodes allow you to have the Album Artist Node sorted by AlbumArtist, then Date / Album / Disc / Track#. Then, when you click the Tracks Node the results can be shown sorted by Title then Artist - remembering your last selection.

Another useful idea would be to remember (or setup) which seed fields are used for the Track Browser with each Node. My "Classical Music" filtered node makes great use of the Composer field in the Track Browser, but it's of no use in any other node I've set up and so I'm having to constantly change it.

Is this behaviour possible to replicate with the "Filtered Nodes" / "Remember Node Specific View Settings" script(s)? I don't see it as part of the normal Filtering options, so it may be off the track for these scripts and may require MM devs to specifically allow such trickery, but they'd be very handy regardless.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

your second point of remembering the track browser columns is a good one.. but I don't thin it will be possible without the dev's.

the first point is also a good one.. but the current behaviour seems really inconsistent.
I'm finding it sometimes remember the column I sort by but sometimes changes... I can't work out what exactly is happening.
this is not to do with view mode, but MM

Dale.
Taomyn

Post by Taomyn »

What's inconsistent? "Now Playing" is a special view anyway so it doesn't need to work like the others.

That script seems to a) show there's a need for proper individual settings b) doesn't fully work 100% because it cannot save the sort sequence for each area.
Tazza

Post by Tazza »

Is there any way to apply the view to all sub nodes, eg all the albums under the album node(without doing each one indivualy) eg so any album selected with be in album art details view? Thanks
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

no there isn't but it's a nice idea - I'll be sure to implement this when i have the time (won't be soon)

Dale.

Post by Guest »

Hi there, guysI've just installed MM 3.2 and this scripts stopped working. Everything look fine, but the specific view mode for each node is simply not applied. Any clue??

Regards and happy new year!

Pablo