Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

AliZ

Append Value - leave existing??

Post by AliZ »

How to append the value Test4 to all three files (not manually, file by file)?

e.g. Genre (or mood or occassion, etc).
File1 - Genre: Test1;Test2;Test3
File2 - Genre: Test2
File3 - Genre: Test1; Test3

Maybe a checkbox "Append to existing values" maybe helpful.
Or is there a script out there to append/add specific value to any field for multiple files?

Thx
AliZ
istanbul

Re: Error filling occassion

Post by istanbul »

AliZ wrote:I get the following error message if I try to fill the field occassion with one or with multiple tags:

Error #438 - ....
This object does not support this property or method: 'itm.occassion'
File: ....GenreFinder.vbs", Line:0, Column:0
Occasion is misspelled in the script (occassion). Upon getting the same error as you, I corrected every occurrence of "occassion" to "occasion" in the .vbs-file and it worked fine.
AliZ

Settings for TopResult & Min.Matches

Post by AliZ »

Hi,

which settings do you use for "use top results" and/or "minimum matches"?
I'm currently testing with whitelists for genre, mood and occasion and I'm not sure how to get the best result.

Thx
AliZ
xpurityx

Re: Settings for TopResult & Min.Matches

Post by xpurityx »

Using Minimum matches = 0, Use top results = 5 seemed to work pretty well for me
collin79

Re: Genre Finder 3.1 [MM2+3]

Post by collin79 »

Haha I'm using the exact opposite,, Min match 5 top result 0
Found it works fairly well if doing artist search
I however mess with it on other searches it doesn't do well,,
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Minimum match is a percentage to 5% is not very limiting, I think in fact that the value will most likely always be above 5%.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
sommo

Post by sommo »

I would just like to say a thank you trixmoto, for this addon!
This is one of the reason why I use MediaMonkey!
It is really helpful and I do use it :)
Keep up the good work & Happy coding!
engineer

Post by engineer »

I am having this same problem, it shows up in the folder in mm but cant find the icon

After running the installer I get a message that installation was successful. But when I go to the Scripts menu, it is not there. I'm using the latest version of MM and Windows Vista. Any ideas?
AliZ

Post by AliZ »

engineer wrote:I am having this same problem, it shows up in the folder in mm but cant find the icon

After running the installer I get a message that installation was successful. But when I go to the Scripts menu, it is not there. I'm using the latest version of MM and Windows Vista. Any ideas?
which problem??
Try to run MM as admin, install the script, run again as admin. Result?

Running MM3 on Vista SP1 without any problems.

AliZ
engineer

Post by engineer »

i cut and pasted the problem from another post, i am really running win xp

how do you run mm as an admin

i uninstalled and reinstalled everything

i dont get the icon, but there is a folder under mm called scripts and it has genere finder in it, there are also someother scripts i installed, some work and some other dont show up.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I found the "MediaMonkey.exe" file in "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\" folder, right-clicked on it and clicked "Properties". Then in the "Advanced" tab you should find a checkbox for "Run as administrator" - tick this and click "Ok". From now on whenever you run MM or an MMIP it should run as administrator.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
AliZ

Post by AliZ »

engineer wrote:i cut and pasted the problem from another post, i am really running win xp

how do you run mm as an admin

i uninstalled and reinstalled everything

i dont get the icon, but there is a folder under mm called scripts and it has genere finder in it, there are also someother scripts i installed, some work and some other dont show up.
For some actions you need to be admin or at least power user (not only "User"). E.g. for changing something in the "Program files" or Windows directory. If you are admin on XP "run as" IMHO won't help.

On Vista there is an additional barrier: UAC. You can have admin right, but you are not able to change something with a high so called "Integrety Level". For doing this you must run as admin. As trix already mentioned: right click on MM, run as admin, confirm both messages, then click the mmip. Close MM. Run (for secure) MM again as admin. Close again. Run MM normally.
Any changes?
I do not exactly remember my installation procedure on my Vista but I think I did it like that and I think I had similar problems with some scripts (not knowing if it was GenreFinder).

I think you should tell us the step by step procedure installing a script. Also your config. Normally, if a script has an installer like GenreFinder, the installer adds a section for the Script [GenreFinder] within wihtin the Skripts.ini (MM progDir\Scripts). Please check it the scripts which are not working has a section or not.
Which script are not working? Did you install them manually or by installer (mmip)?

AliZ
trixmoto

Re: Genre Finder 3.2 [MM2+3]

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.2) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed "Occasion" typo
- Added option to tag the comment field
- Fixed duplicate results sometimes occur
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

minor thing - the installer for 3.2 doesn't make the updates to Scripts.ini, so GenreFinder doesn't show up in Tools/Scripts...
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The MM3 version never has, although I'm not really sure why not. I'll make sure this is added in the next version.