Agora Skin v 2.1.1.0 (no longer developed)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Tarkus Shakti

Re: Agora Skin v1.0 (MMForum look-a-like)

Post by Tarkus Shakti »

DreadM wrote:Greetings

@Tarkus Shakti:
i override also the backround from track list , but looks ok for me.
Did you change or delete something more on the skin and what you run XP or Vista?
It looks like you change some images from skin.
I got onley XP

DreadM
I am using XP. I installed the skin by double clicking on it and didn't remove or change anything...

TS
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings
Tarkus Shakti wrote:
I am using XP. I installed the skin by double clicking on it and didn't remove or change anything...

TS
I Think i know what happend .You change the default font size to very large and somehow MM change also the behevior from select backround image.
I never use this option that's why i dont see this ,But i try to change this soon,sorry. :-?

Thanks nyn for the image,I am also not happy with the white backrond , i try to find a better solution.
When we change the image in the msz file ,and you have 2 colores it don't scroll with the text, it only scrolls when you override it in the Tools/ options/skin/Treebackround menü.

DreadM
Tarkus Shakti

Post by Tarkus Shakti »

I Think i know what happend .You change the default font size to very large and somehow MM change also the behevior from select backround image.
I never use this option that's why i dont see this ,But i try to change this soon,sorry. :-?

DreadM
I am using the large font option...

TS
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings
spacefish wrote:
DreadM wrote: @spacefish:
I simply can't use it without a track title on the micro-player. Oh, also you made Eclipse with a track title and ratings on the micro-player (as well as a seek bar!) and that looks sweet! I guess you just decided ratings were better suited for this skin instead of track title (and not both again)?
yes but eclipse micro player is not realy micro he is 270 pixel long and got more space .This time i want to make a small one (170)like the most skinners do,i am not shure what the MM user's think about long micro players? What do you think about the size from micro players?

DreadM
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

I noticed Eclipse's was longer but I don't have a problem with that. I think it looks sharp. For my taste, if it's between ratings and track title on the micro-player, I will always choose track title. It's important for me to see the track title at a glance (without a mouseover). The only two skins I've found with titles on the micro-player are Eclipse and nohitter's VitreousBlue which consequently has a small micro-player without ratings. The latter is what I'm using now. It's really a shame IMO, since there are so many other nice skins but without track titles on the micro-player, I can't use them.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
DreadM

Agora MicroPlayer

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Today i make a Micro Player with tracktitel, but iam not happy with this. :-?
Screenshot:
Download:
Agora MicroPlayer track titel.zip

If you like, you can download it,unzip and override the files in the Agora msz.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Just from the screenshot, I would say that the title text is too bright for the skin, which may be the reason you don't like it. I know to me it looks a bit off, like it doesn't match or was added as an afterthought. ;)

Thanks for the modification though. I'll download this and plop it in the Agora folder. A bright title is better than none! :D
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

I popped out nohitter's VitreousBlue micro-player ini as a guide and did a little tweaking to Agora's micro-player myself. I removed the ratings display (since I don't use it) and increased the font size a bit. It looks great and I didn't even change the color of the text! Still ffffff. Just removing the ratings and resizing the text seemed to make a big difference in how the text looks.

I also wanted to remove the volume bar (since I don't use that either) and add a time display instead but while I could get the track time to print below the track title, I couldn't actually remove the volume bar (or perhaps it's the base it sits on). There must be some other trick one needs to perform elsewhere than removing the reference from the ini. Tips appreciated!
WebNodes
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

When you want to remove the volumenbar you must change or replace the backround image (blank.png)in the mskn file!
The time display you can copy from any ini file and then change position.
I am intrested how it looks , i find no sulution that i like more than the orginal.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Ah, thank you! After I get home from work, I'll tweak it a bit more and then post a screenshot. You probably won't like it any better than your original (which is sleek despite not having a track title) but it'll be perfect for me, I'm sure. :)

Oh, btw, I love that you added a close option directly to the micro-player. Makes shutting down a breeze!
WebNodes
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

When you want to remove the volumenbar you must change or replace the backround image (blank.png)in the mskn file!
Ah, I can't edit that with a text editor, I see. I'll have to go check out the wiki for how to skin my monkey. Who knows? Maybe it will make a skinner out of me. ;)
WebNodes
k_r_eriksson

Post by k_r_eriksson »

I love this skin. Thank you for making my life a little better.

How are you doing with the selection problem?
holterpolter wrote:One small thing i noticed is a strange behavior when i select a text.
On the first pic everything works with the selection
but on this pic the genre is actually selected but it is not shown. Every field with a dropdown menu behaves like this.
And even more strange is that the selection color appear magically if i push the PrintScreen Key.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

I fix all problems (selection and Large font size) :) .Now i got an vista system :D , and i found some more littel Bugs :-? , and i think about to change some things to match better with vista .
holterpolter

Post by holterpolter »

I have tried to make an fitting MonkeyRok skin. It is my first skin i' ve haver made so i am open to any suggestions how to improve it. The difficult thing was the rounded corners in the headlines. I hope they work now like they should. Here is a screenshoot.
And here is the .zip file. To install it just extract it into its own folder in your MonkeyRok skin folder.
http://rapidshare.com/files/135583796/A ... t.zip.html
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Nice job Holterpolter, one suggestion maybe to change the backround from blue to Light gray , select textbackround to dark gray and the scroll bar to gray.i dont know how but i know this can be done (maybe look in to geges Monkeyrok eclipse skin)