First Look Video: MediaMonkey on CNET TV

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Eyal

First Look Video: MediaMonkey on CNET TV

Post by Eyal »

Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
KorkyKat

Re: First Look Video: MediaMonkey on CNET TV

Post by KorkyKat »

Good. I liked his silly comment about adding ten thousand tracks in ten minutes - not blazing fast . How about trying to write the details by hand!

:D
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

dadblast it all anyway. every time i try to view a video it keeps telling me i need to install flash,
how many times do i need install the same flash version? :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

rovingcowboy wrote:dadblast it all anyway. every time i try to view a video it keeps telling me i need to install flash,
how many times do i need install the same flash version? :-?
But do you have the latest flash version?

Adobe Flash Player v9.0.124.0

Download for Internet Explorer

Download for Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, and Opera

Download Standalone Player

Adobe Shockwave & Flash Player Tests

By the way... Version 10 is in RC, and should be released soon. :)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yep i been getting the latest one each time it tells me i need it? strange why it wont work. i cant get video from any web site. unless they use the wmv file or the asf files just strange,? i'll get that standalone you posted and try it. 8)

okay got the download now but my tv show is coming on i got to go watch it.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

rovingcowboy wrote:yep i been getting the latest one each time it tells me i need it? strange why it wont work. i cant get video from any web site. unless they use the wmv file or the asf files just strange,? i'll get that standalone you posted and try it. 8)

okay got the download now but my tv show is coming on i got to go watch it.
For your browser, you need to install one of (or both of) the 2 top links depending on your browser. You can check your version with the test page that I posted.

The standalone player is just for running flash files locally from your hard drive.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

I have the same problem as rc.

When i click on the play button. the vid doesn't start. And when clicking on fullscreen mode, it asks me to upgrade.

Though,

I tried the test page: flashplayer 10,0,2,26 is successfully installed.
Shockwave player is not installed

I use firefox: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1

That's a shame. I would like to see this mediamonkey review too :(

If anyone have any idea...
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Dreadlau wrote:I tried the test page: flashplayer 10,0,2,26 is successfully installed.
Shockwave player is not installed

I use firefox: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1

If anyone have any idea...
Then that may be your problem.

Adobe Shockwave Player v11.0.0.465

Download

Make sure that your browsers are closed when installing Flash Player or Shockwave Player. Check the test page again after installation. :)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

all that messing with the downloads for that short thing i already knew? i thought it was going to be earth shattering news. oh well atleast i got the videos working again thanks for all the links that worked. every time before i was clicking on the download link from the players that said i needed an update, i must have never got the complete download. thanks again for the links. :D

Post by Guest »

Didn't work with Firefox 3.0.1 but worked fine in IE7. A nice, positive review
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Guest wrote:Didn't work with Firefox 3.0.1 but worked fine in IE7. A nice, positive review
Works for me. :)
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Curious how a simple link to a web's video can manifest to such debate on video drivers... :-?
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Oh man. still no luck with the video.

I tried to install shockwave but my installation is corrupted. i get an error message at the end of the installation wizard telling me I have to run it at administrator. Though i'm always running at administrator. After googling the error message i found lots of poeple having the same problem, but not found a solution so far.
Someone wrote about succeeding to install it by changing permissions on some registry settings. I'm not quite used to change the registry. So idk how to do it.

I'll try with a different computer someday.

Thx for the links though.

Have a nice day,

Dread
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

CNet Video / TV is a bit funky at the moment. Has problems with Flash 10 and needs to have some whitelist's to get past Adblock+.

My solution is to keep IE7 at Flash9 and use the Firefox Add-On IETAB to open the link to the video.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

This workaround is useful whenever you seem to be having problems Flash Video in Firefox.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Hi Owyn.

I'm going to try your suggestion.
But I need some help for setting it up.

Right now FF use flash 10 (shockwave flash 10.0 r12)

I installed ie tab and when i use it for the cnet video, the video doesn't appear on the page.
(does it mean flash player isn't installed yet on ie?)

I took a look in ie and i saw in the plugin manager an entry called shockwave active-x control.

How do you know if flash is installed (and which version) in ie?

Thank you