Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Vyper

Re: Backup 5.1 [MM2+3]

Post by Vyper » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:38 am

Hey trix! Is this something we all need to fix?
Stop Button Freak

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:29 am

If you use the "BackupPlaylists" option then yes. I forgot to handle null values! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

dypsis

Post by dypsis » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:47 am

Also. I keep unticking Auto backup on shutdown, but it keeps reticking. And when I shutdown, I get the message that unable to backup because folder already exists. :-?
I already have "Clean output path before backup" selected, so I thought that it should automatically clean it. Is there any difference selcting Out Path over Output Archive?

How do I fix this?

Edit: I have fixed the ticking problem by doing a save.

Also, what is this Include 'BackupPlaylist' Export? It won't allow me to select it.

CoRsU

Post by CoRsU » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:32 am

II found an answer in www. The WSH was disabled in the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings

Old Error:

Thx, CoRsU

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:19 am

The output path creates a folder, but the output archive creates a zip file. Personally I have both, on separate drives, but this is your personal preference. "BackupPlaylists" is actually a separate script, I included the export code into this script so that it could be automatic. It saves all the autoplaylist criteria into a separate database file. The original script allows you to import this file into your database again.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

MyCsPiTTa

Post by MyCsPiTTa » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:15 am

Hmm, I mustn't be doing this right.

Before there was an "Overwrite previous backup" option I used to have it set up so the main output folder was cleaned up and remade every time AND a zip was made with the current date, keeping all previous zips (in another folder).

Now unless I tick "Overwrite previous backup" I get the "...output folder already exists" error. But that means I no longer get to keep all previous zip backups as it overwrites the last one each time.

I don't understand why it's necessary to tick "Overwrite previous backup" (which affects the zip archive also) when the "Cleanup output..." option already takes care of overwriting the main output folder. :-?

dypsis

Post by dypsis » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:34 am

MyCsPiTTa wrote: Before there was an "Overwrite previous backup" option I used to have it set up so the main output folder was cleaned up and remade every time AND a zip was made with the current date, keeping all previous zips (in another folder).

Now unless I tick "Overwrite previous backup" I get the "...output folder already exists" error. But that means I no longer get to keep all previous zip backups as it overwrites the last one each time.

I don't understand why it's necessary to tick "Overwrite previous backup" (which affects the zip archive also) when the "Cleanup output..." option already takes care of overwriting the main output folder. :-?
Yes mate. That is my same problem and same thoughts about it. :-?

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:37 am

The reason is because people kept shouting at me for deleting their entire root directory, hence there is now an extra checkbox.

MyCsPiTTa

Post by MyCsPiTTa » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:12 pm

trixmoto wrote:The reason is because people kept shouting at me for deleting their entire root directory, hence there is now an extra checkbox.
Not to bang an awesome script but isn't that problem still there? Who wouldn't have that extra box ticked? It's kind of required if you want to avoid the "output folder already exists" error.
Actually I don't have a problem with the "Overwrite previous backup" option - that makes perfect sense. It's the "Clean up output..." box I never understood. Why does the output folder need cleaning? I thought it would be natural to write over the contents every time (and with the archive option you get to keep any previous backups seperately - or at least you USED to be able to... :wink: ). The fact it deletes a folders contents seems to be the cause of all this problem to begin with.

PS: Of course I'm pretty naive of any of this :oops: I'm sure there is a good reason. Be kinda cool if it didn't have to work that way tho.

spacefish

Post by spacefish » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:53 am

I have Overwrite checked but not Clean Up. I have no problems with retaining old zip archives. They're created by date and time so they don't get overwritten. So basically what I have is one backup and many archives. I've never had a problem with this set up.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:10 am

spacefish wrote:They're created by date and time so they don't get overwritten.
I like this idea, I never thought to use the time in the zip archive in order to maintain a continuous copy of my archives. Thanks for the tip. :D Now I can have one copy of my backup and zip archive, and a secondary zip archive that continuously updates as I change (I mean corrupt :wink: ) my db.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files

spacefish

Post by spacefish » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:21 am

nynaevelan wrote:
spacefish wrote:They're created by date and time so they don't get overwritten.
I like this idea, I never thought to use the time in the zip archive in order to maintain a continuous copy of my archives. Thanks for the tip. :D Now I can have one copy of my backup and zip archive, and a secondary zip archive that continuously updates as I change (I mean corrupt :wink: ) my db.

Nyn
LOL, Nyn. :D
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes

dypsis

Post by dypsis » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:59 am

spacefish wrote:I have Overwrite checked but not Clean Up. I have no problems with retaining old zip archives. They're created by date and time so they don't get overwritten. So basically what I have is one backup and many archives. I've never had a problem with this set up.
Who would think this could be so hard, but I don't understand what you are saying.

One backup > many archives. :-?

spacefish

Post by spacefish » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:10 am

I have the script write one backup to a specified path. At the same time, I also have the script archive that backup in a zip file with a date/time stamp. The next time backup is run, the (unzipped) backup is overwritten but a new zip archive is created. Thus I have one backup I can use immediately (this one gets overwritten) and many archived (zipped) backups I can use selectively (these do not get overwritten because of the time stamps).
WebNodes

MyCsPiTTa

Post by MyCsPiTTa » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:57 am

spacefish wrote:I have Overwrite checked but not Clean Up. I have no problems with retaining old zip archives. They're created by date and time so they don't get overwritten. So basically what I have is one backup and many archives. I've never had a problem with this set up.
Huh, you know that actually works for me too - scratch my earlier problems. It was just that I had only a date stamp (not time) and my playing around was all done on the same day so It overwrote them.

Cool, but makes me wonder what the purpose of checking the "Clean Up..." option was in the first place.