tatoosh wrote:Hey together,
i want to buy a new MP3 player with about 8gb space.
who can tell me what is the best ipod alternative.
I have a Sony NWZ-A818 (8GB) flash player, and I've been very pleased with it. I originally had the 4GB version of the player, and liked it so much that I upgraded to the 8GB version of the same player.
The main reasons that I like it are:
- It has great sound and battery life (more than 30 hours on a charge).
- It works well with MediaMonkey and it also works with any of the standard music management programs including WinAmp and Windows Media Player.
- It has a very easy-to-work-with interface.
If there are any negatives to my Sony Player, they are:
- It only supports the following audio formats: WAV, MP3, WMA, and AAC.
- It doesn't have a slot for adding additional memory.
- It does have a problem with displaying large album art. I've found that album art must be no larger than 240 pixels by 240 pixels for it to display reliably on my player. So I just resize the art and embed it into the track's ID3 tag. For me this has been a minor issue.
Although my player is an older model (I think it was released in 2007), the current group of A-Series or S-Series players should be just as good. I would, however, avoid the E-Series players due to various issues that model of player.
I hope that helps.