New *basic* Script to insert fake plays from iPod

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MoDementia

Re: New *basic* Script to insert fake plays from iPod

Post by MoDementia »

I think I have a little problem with this script re timestamps for the played table entries

Assuming that this is run after an iPod sync:

Shouldn't the date run backward from the last played date rather than forwards from the added date or last played date (from played table)?

i.e. The sync increases the playcount and changes the last played date so immediately we are missing a corresponding played table entry for the last played date.
If the play count is > 1 then it would have been played prior to the last played date but after the last played date from the played table.
Christoph

Post by Christoph »

Hi,
the script also adds entries to the played table. The last played date and the date of the latest played item should be equal, aren't they?
Or did I missunderstood your problem?
Did you had a look at my play date manager?
It's hard for me to give support for this Visual Basic script because I'm not very good in VB. So it's much easier for me to make developments on my standalone apps.

Regards,
Christoph
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Christoph wrote:The last played date and the date of the latest played item should be equal, aren't they?
I haven't run it yet because I don't believe that this will always be the case.
The last played date only gets updated if the calculated played/sync date is greater which if I read the code correctly won't happen in the majority of cases (for iPod users)
So I will have many played table entries most of which won't match the last time played in songs table.
Christoph wrote:Did you had a look at my play date manager?
Non VB addons don't make it into my installed scripts list unless it is impossible to do it with VB so no I haven't tried it.
Especially as a scripter I like to read/understand the code before using it. VB also has the flexibility of modification other than just the author.
Christoph wrote:It's hard for me to give support for this Visual Basic script because I'm not very good in VB. So it's much easier for me to make developments on my standalone apps.
No Problem, Just highlighting a possible problem for iPod users and this script.
Christoph

Post by Christoph »

Hm, maybe Briannon who wrote this script, can help you.
I can only say that my app has a function to refresh these play dates. So the last play and the last played date get synchronized. Every app on your computer could contain some malicious behaviour. But I don't want to argue with you about this. It's your attitude and I will respect it.

Christoph