Last.fm Plug-in & Auto-DJ

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Trajan

Last.fm Plug-in & Auto-DJ

Post by Trajan »

I downloaded this plug-in and installed/configured it. I'm getting recurring messages that say something to the effect that Last.fm is being queried but no related artists were found in my library or the settings are too restrictive. I have 5,000 tracks of mostly 50's - 80's music so there should be plenty of related artists/tracks available when I begin with an "oldies" track. I have the artist similarity set at the default which is 50%. Am I missing something? Any suggestions?
Lowlander

Re: Last.fm Plug-in & Auto-DJ

Post by Lowlander »

You could start by telling us which plugin your using as there are various out there.
Trajan

Post by Trajan »

Lowlander wrote:You could start by telling us which plugin your using as there are various out there.
It's the one listed in the subject line of my post...the last.fm Plug-in that works with Auto-DJ to create playlists. Here's a link to the plug-in:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 04&start=0
Trajan

Post by Trajan »

Does anyone use this plug-in? Does it work properly for you? I like the concept but there seem to be a few idiosyncrasies on my system.
barracudacx

Post by barracudacx »

Trajan wrote:I downloaded this plug-in and installed/configured it. I'm getting recurring messages that say something to the effect that Last.fm is being queried but no related artists were found in my library or the settings are too restrictive. I have 5,000 tracks of mostly 50's - 80's music so there should be plenty of related artists/tracks available when I begin with an "oldies" track. I have the artist similarity set at the default which is 50%. Am I missing something? Any suggestions?
Trajan,

Goto Options -> AutoDJ -> Select Last.FM DJ and click on Configure,

Under If recommended track is unavailable, use alternate by same artist
Put a check mark in Include Unknown rating, that started generating some tracks for me. you probably haven't rated most songs in your library.