Is there a way to remove all album art completely?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

stardust rain

Is there a way to remove all album art completely?

Post by stardust rain »

For some reason, MM decided to put Beck's Modern Guilt cover for all tracks that don't have album art listed. I tried to get rid of it by selecting all and hitting delete, but now all tracks have every single album art I have under the properties tag, and whenever I try to edit it the program starts running slow. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, to no avail.

I'm figuring that the best way to get around this is to delete all album art and start from re-collecting album art scratch. Is there a quick way to do that that won't freeze my computer?

Also, I just switched to MM from using Winamp and iTunes; does this have anything to do with it?

Thanks in advance.
nohitter151

Re: Is there a way to remove all album art completely?

Post by nohitter151 »

First: Go to Tools | Options | Library and uncheck "Scan track directories for album art". That's why the wrong art is being added to every track.

Unfortunately that won't remove the art from the files since its already been added. Fortunately the script Album art tagger can remove the art from lots of tracks in bulk: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8678
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rschwen

Post by rschwen »

nohitter - I read this post and your reply. I have a simple question I was wondering if you could answer. I'm new to MM also so please bare with me. I have seen in several different posts where people have had problems with errant album art being tagged to songs in turn screwing up their libraries. In all of these cases I have seen the request made to uncheck the "Scan track directories for album art" to fix the problem. Here is my question: What exactly does this feature do and when does it do it?

I have been working on consolidating my music library, removing duplicates, fixing tags and updating album art and have not had any problems with album art errantly tagging songs. I looked in my MM confuration and that feature is checked. Does this problem only happen when "new" music is being added/scanned to the library for the first time and it doesn't have album art when it was scanned?

All of my music is scanned into the library, but, I'd like to uncheck this feature if it is potentially going to cause me problems in the future as I have burned many a midnight candle getting the album art correct. Can you please clarify what this feature is doing and when it does it? I'd appreciate it. Thank you.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rschwen wrote:nohitter - I read this post and your reply. I have a simple question I was wondering if you could answer. I'm new to MM also so please bare with me. I have seen in several different posts where people have had problems with errant album art being tagged to songs in turn screwing up their libraries.
Yes, I feel like I answer this question 50 times a day.
rschwen wrote:In all of these cases I have seen the request made to uncheck the "Scan track directories for album art" to fix the problem. Here is my question: What exactly does this feature do and when does it do it? ........... Can you please clarify what this feature is doing and when it does it? I'd appreciate it. Thank you.
I already posted a pretty detailed explanation at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 20#p165920

(forgive me for not wanting to explain again :wink: :roll: )
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
stardust rain

Post by stardust rain »

Fantastic, thank you!