There is no ignoring, personally I've made CUE Editor way back in 2000 and would be more than glad to get things working in MM Natively, like trixmoto already explained there are some priorities, but I would also add there is really big risk with adding full CUE support in MM library.
- Worked as active DJ for more than 12 years (1990-2001 on Parties but also in lots of Clubs, Discotheques, Weddings and on Several Radio stations. After that only for a friends and personally for fun)
- Library about 120k tracks
- More than 200 recorded personal DJ Sets (each set is around 1 & 1/2 hours, most of them have CUE)
- More than 500 Mixed Promo CDs (also includes CUE files)
- There is also several tens of thousand Tracks/Samples that have CUE tracks and/or CUE Indexes for Drum loops, track loops (Most of them are not in library due the fact they are <30s and have 30-70 CUE Points)
Imagine, how it would save things for me, when I'm mixing/remixing some tracks and need effects in editing process?
Improper handling of CUE file could lead in quick loss of several thousand tracks and also what is about Duplicate check where several hundred mixed tracks could contain same song, ...
Please do not misunderstand me, but MediaMonkey have its reputation built as Non-Bloated, Stable, Fast, Reliable, Constantly developed, Customizable, Expandable even further with each new release and when something is on To-Do it is on To-Do not ignored.
Note: As storage is cheaper each day I'm really thinking to re-rip all my Mixed CDs to FLAC and cut them according to CUE files without losing gapless playback, but with much better organizing capabilities.