MegaDJ v2.59 [MM3+4] 2012: Better compatibility + time fix

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

m1abrams

Re: Launch of MegaDJ v2

Post by m1abrams »

Is their anyway to use the playlists created with MegaDJ to be in the auto-sync for an iPod?
Ashran

Post by Ashran »

Sounds like fun, It would be helpful if it worked :) I keep getting error 1005 whatever I do... Maybe I did something wrong during install or there is a step I forgot ?
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Hi m1abrams,
I think you may be able to simply select all tracks (Ctrl A), and then use the "Send to -> Synchronize..." menu (using RMB). But then I don't think that's auto really (?). Despite having a Zen Stone myself, I haven't got much into the sync side of things. Would you be just looking to mirror whatever tracks are in the node, on to the iPod? (and not the other way around).

Hi Ashran, this error actually translates to "The database file is locked". Unfortunately, it's not too easy to force MM to even allow read access to the database sometimes. A couple of things to try:

1: Press F4 to see if that helps
2: Try reloading the database by right clicking on the main MegaDJ node, and then selecting "MegaDJ Reload Database".

Are you using Auto-Organize by any chance? That may prevent MegaDJ accessing the DB in some situations.

For the next version of MegaDJ, this whole database access thing will be fixed (even if it means making it slightly slower than it is now).
MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.
Ashran

Post by Ashran »

twinbee wrote:Hi m1abrams,

1: Press F4 to see if that helps
2: Try reloading the database by right clicking on the main MegaDJ node, and then selecting "MegaDJ Reload Database".

Are you using Auto-Organize by any chance? That may prevent MegaDJ accessing the DB in some situations.
I tried both what you proposed. None worked. And yeah I do use auto-organize, can't live without it, too since I have a lot of music :) I'll wait for next version, then...hope it will come soon ;)
m1abrams

Post by m1abrams »

I am interested in using a MegaDJ node as a source for syncing to my ipod, just like you would use an auto-playlist. Not interested in syncing the ipod back to the pc though.
twinbee

Re: MegaDJ v2.2 - (2008-11-22-11)

Post by twinbee »

I'm happy to say that both of the above issues have now be resolved. MegaDJ supports syncing (done automatically through a playlist). Also, the 1005 error mentioned above has been fixed (which will enable much better compatibility with Auto-Organize etc.). Download available at usual source:
http://www.skytopia.com/software/megadj/
MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.
stan9980

Re: MegaDJ v2.2 - (2008-11-22)

Post by stan9980 »

Hey twinbee,

I keep getting an error with the latest version :( whenever I click on the MDJ node or an MDJ filter:

Error #13 - Microsoft VBSScript runtime error
Type mismatch: 'cInt'
File: "D:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\MegaDJ.vbs", Line 1018, Column 2

followed by...

Error happened during script execution:

Anyone else see this?

stan9980
m1abrams

Post by m1abrams »

stan9980 wrote:Hey twinbee,

I keep getting an error with the latest version :( whenever I click on the MDJ node or an MDJ filter:

Error #13 - Microsoft VBSScript runtime error
File: "D:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\MegaDJ.vbs", Line 1018, Column 2

followed by...

Error happened during script execution:

Anyone else see this?

stan9980
I also get this error
bob61

Post by bob61 »

Getting same error as noted above as well.
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Ooops, bug fixed with a single line of code. Install straight over old version (close Mediamonkey and reopen after install).
BigMatty

Post by BigMatty »

Is it possible to do multiple queries one after the other?

Eg: I want to pick 100 random songs, and weight them so that the higher rated ones have a higher chance of getting chosen.
Then from THAT subset, I want to run another query which prefers songs closer to the year 1980.
Then from THAT subset, I want to run another query which prefers songs that haven't been played in a while.

Basically I'm trying to create some really complex queries involving lots of factors, but its hard because one factor seems to outweigh another factor quite easily.

Any ideas?

Thx!
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Although one can't do exactly as you've said (extract a subset from another subset in that particular way), it's easy to emulate the idea, and it fact make it simpler and more powerful by doing the following (in the math filter):

These represent the three criteria you want:

Code: Select all

1/LastTimePlayed
* 1.5^rating
* 1 / 1.2^(abs(Year-19800000)/10000)
Put brackets around each part like this:

(1/LastTimePlayed)
* (1.5^rating)
* (1 / 1.2^(abs(Year-19800000)/10000))
Now what one would usually do, is change the '1/', '1.5^', or '1.2^' bits to other numbers. This may not be as intuitive however as doing something pretty clever: Add ^1 after each line. These represent the weights:

(1/LastTimePlayed) ^1
* (1.5^rating) ^1
* (1 / 1.2^(abs(Year-19800000)/10000)) ^1
Now you're free to change the weights to how you see fit. Using ^0 would mean that part has no effect. Good values could range between say 0.5 and 2 (or maybe between 0.1 and 10 for more extremes). Here's one example:

(1/LastTimePlayed) ^0.7
* (1.5^rating) ^2
* (1 / 1.2^(abs(Year-19800000)/10000)) ^1
In this case, the first part (recently played) will have less bias (^0.7). The 2nd part (rating priority) will have more bias (^2), and the last won't be changed (^1). Using the ^ symbol (exponentiation) in maths is often an underused but very useful way of getting the numbers out nicely.

Please let me know how you get on with this technique. :)
BigMatty

Post by BigMatty »

Interesting! I will try out the code when I get home. Thanks for the detailed response!
BigMatty

Post by BigMatty »

Hey! I forgot to report back - those settings were fantastic, thankyou :)

I think I have found a bug with the 'Occasion' filter though.

Try something like:
Occasion!='Bonus'

It still brings back tracks where the Occasion is set to 'Bonus'.
BigMatty

Post by BigMatty »

False alarm!

If you have multiple things in a field, say 'Bonus; Live' then you can't do Occasion!=Bonus.
You need to do Occasion!~Bonus

My bad, sorry :oops: