Consolidating MediaMonkey library

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

mojoman

Consolidating MediaMonkey library

Post by mojoman »

Hello everybody,

I'm new to mediamonkey and i would like to know if it's possible to copy all the music files into one specified folder with mediamonkey, like the iTunes "Consolidate the Library" option.

Also, is it possible to automatically copy files into this specified folder when adding them to the library, instead of linking to the file without moving it ?

Finally, is it possible to stop mediamonkey from duplicating files when scanning a folder, when there is a playlist in the folder ? (you know, the famous 00-... file when you "legally" download an album)

Thanks
Lowlander

Re: Consolidating MediaMonkey library

Post by Lowlander »

1) Tools > Auto-Organize Files can move files into a user defined directory structure (manually)

2) Tools > Options > Auto-Organize can automatically move files to a user defined structure

3) Upgrade to the latest version of MediaMonkey 3.0.6 as this shouldn't happen. Alternatively if you don't need the playlists deselect M3U (and other applicable playlist formats) in the Add/Rescan Tracks to Library dialog.
mojoman

Re: Consolidating MediaMonkey library

Post by mojoman »

Hello,

First a big WOUAH for the reply time, THAT is an active community !!

Second a big THANKS for the definitively understandable answer to my problem.

i guess that's all now ,my problem is resolved and you really make me want to stick to mediamonkey