MusicIP Tagger 2.0 - Updated 28/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: MusicIP Tagger 1.1 [MM3]

Post by trixmoto »

I'll try to get this sorted in the next version.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Aff

Post by Aff »

Thanks trixmoto for your update of this extremely useful script!
Mizery_Made wrote:The file is empty when running a search on a file that'll throw this error.
(...) It appears to be the file path that's causing trouble.
That's right, I've just encountered the same error with some "&" in a path. As the script uses short path names, such "unallowed" characters don't slip through in most cases.
The remedy is very simple: apostrophes!

Change line 335 to this:

Code: Select all

Dim cmd : cmd = "%comspec% /c "&exe&" f25c7a6acad172541066f475175465a7 -rmd=2 """&fso.GetFile(mp3).ShortPath&""" >"&dat
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks for looking at this - I'm glad the fix is a simple one! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Sartano

Post by Sartano »

Is the current version available for download? I'd like to try it. I tried your website but it stated that the website might be being updated, and the file wasn't available. Searched for MusicIP tagger 1.0 for MM3.X.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I can confirm Aff's fix, it appears to be working with all tested files which once threw an error.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The download link is available on my website, I just checked. Please try again! :)
yowhatuo14

Post by yowhatuo14 »

I can install this script and others such as musicbrainz but they will not load in mediamonkey. They do show up under extensions as installed. What am i missing in order to use these scripts properly.

I have Vista Ultimate x64 and MediaMonkey 3.05.
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

Right click on the tracks and choose Auto-tag from web. Then click on the Options button in the upper right corner and select MusicIP Tagger
argos

Post by argos »

Thanks a lot, now I can finally know the names of those Aphex Twin's tracks! Been looking for something like this for ages!
ermal

Post by ermal »

It seems i can't download it from your site
the download is interrupted afer 1 min. it gets near 80%. i ve tried many many times. other scripts downloaded perfectly probably because of the smaller size. can you please give an alternative link or just pm it to me. Hope version 1.1 is improved :)
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

I just downloaded it with no problem. Weird.
Stop Button Freak
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It's working for me, and I can't PM a file to you.
ermal

Post by ermal »

trixmoto wrote:It's working for me, and I can't PM a file to you.
its a very strange behaviour, since it is working normally for some of my friends with fast internet connections (they can download the file in less than 1 min) however they have tried to slow down their internet and the download stops after 1 min without completing (the same thing happens to me normally). when the download is restarting resume is not supported and it begins again from 0%.

when I download it without a download manager the file seems to complete the download, however the resulting file is not installable ( "invalid installation package" ) and its smaller in size than 1.94 Mb.

This behaviour happens to me with all of your scripts if they take more than 1 min to download. I tried to slow down my internet and download monkey rok and it was the same story : download stops after 1 min. In normal download speed, it worked.
Anyway i downloaded MusicIP from a fast wifi hotspot and everything is ok.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Must be something to do with my webhost timing out then, I'm sorry about that. I'm glad you've managed to get it downloaded now though.
bkothe

Post by bkothe »

First I would like to thank you for this script, it's very helpful. I would, however, like to make a suggestion. When using the normal "tag from web" feature of MM the user is able to select what tags they want to use like artist name, track titles, year, etc. by selecting the checkbox next to each search result. With this script the user doesn't have that choice, it's all or nothing unless I am doing something wrong.

In my case I will use this script mostly for compilations and in that case, I don't want to change the album name or track numbers I will usually only want to use the track title and the artist name. As far as I can tell there is no way to stop the script from auto tagging all of the fields. I guess I could probably modify the script? I haven't looked at the script to see if it is compiled but if it isn't I guess I could modify it so it only grabs artist and track title information but I think it would be nice to have those selections as check boxes on the auto tag dialog.

Anyway, that is just a suggestion. Otherwise I think this is a great script! Thanks again!