MonkeyToys: VB.NET extension adding MCE remote support

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Peke

Re: MonkeyToys

Post by Peke »

You should upgrade to 3.1.0.1207 as in most recent versions MM has upgraded MCE remotes handling.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
markontour
Location: Houston, Texas, USA, N America, W Hesmisphere, Earth, Milky Way

Post by markontour »

I've got the new version, but the download is a .7z and I don't know what to do with that type of file.
:roll:
We're all Fool's for something; I'm a Fool for music, what are you a Fool for?

Machines:
1)OS: Windows 7 Home Premium x64-based | Phys Mem: 8.00 GB | Processor: AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core, 2200 Mhz
troopersbd

Post by troopersbd »

Hi markontour.

.7z stands for a file zipped with 7zip, you need to install http://www.7-zip.org/ for you OS and unzip it
markontour
Location: Houston, Texas, USA, N America, W Hesmisphere, Earth, Milky Way

Post by markontour »

I figured out that part, but where do I extract the "bins" & "scr" folders to? And when I do that than what do I do?
We're all Fool's for something; I'm a Fool for music, what are you a Fool for?

Machines:
1)OS: Windows 7 Home Premium x64-based | Phys Mem: 8.00 GB | Processor: AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core, 2200 Mhz
mistresso

Post by mistresso »

I'm now the 3rd person requesting how to actually install this! I can guess that most of us should totally ignore the "src" folder, but where do the compiled binaries go? I get an error just trying to run MonkeyTools.exe, but no indication as to what;s wrong. I have all the required .Net libraries on my machine, and am running a non-beta 3.x version.

I tried copying everything to the root MM folder, to no avail. This seems to be more of a "proof of concept" app for coders to play around with - which is great - but a *.mmip file would be preferable for the other users, who can't use the source code or compile .Net apps.
votrexflame

Post by votrexflame »

I join the request for explanation what to do with the extracted 2 folders
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

To install:
  • Extract the Bin folder to your desktop.
  • Run MonkeyToys.exe
  • A dialog will ask you if you want to install it.
  • After installation, you can delete the Bin folder.
It will install MonkeyToys.vbs in Program Files\Mediamonkey\Scripts\Auto\ so you have to restart MM to make it work.
(But don't ask me HOW it works, idono)

Eyal
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
mistresso

Post by mistresso »

That was the first thing I tried. Trouble is, MonkeyTools.exe just doesn't work anymore. It says 'failed to install, right click the executable and Run as Administrator'. Not exactly useful since I am on XP, and don't have the UAC issues.
tHe-BiNk

Post by tHe-BiNk »

Same here it says 'failed to install, right click the executable and Run as Administrator' on WinXP 64bit. Could somebody attach the .vbs. So we can just dump it in our Program Files\Mediamonkey\Scripts\Auto\. TIA!
ApoXX

Post by ApoXX »

Was hoping to try this out as well. I got a failed to install until I realized it was trying to install into Program Files instead of Program Files (x86). I hardcoded the path in the source and recompiled, it compiled and installed but upon launching MediaMonkey, I get the "ActiveX component can't create object: 'MonkeyToys.MainClass' error. It looks like the class is failing to register somehow, thoughts on how I can go about determining/fixing the issue?

Thanks!
stax76

Post by stax76 »

Sorry boys and girls, I didn't notice so many of you have problems with it. I have a new build and a new website online, it requires Vista and .NET 3.5 or higher and 7-Zip. Win 7 RC is available and final around the corner, upgrade from XP will cost 50€, since XP and Vista are poor systems compared to Win 7 I don't bother to spend time for backward compatibility which I can spend to take advantage of new platform features instead like using the powerful task dialog.

You just need the bin folder unless you want to take a look at the code. You just have to run the exe, I've added a UAC manifest so it will prompt you for elevated privileges, it don't matter where the bin folder is located or what name the bin folder has. You run the exe and it will ask to install, if you move or rename the bin folder you have to install it again. It don't require to copy anything by hand or to do bothersome things like editing a INI file located in a protected system directory like the 'Program Files' directory. All you got to do is to run the exe and click install.

PS: I've updated the initial post of this thread.
stax76

Re: MonkeyToys: VB.NET extension adding MCE remote support

Post by stax76 »

Hello,
Version 1.2 is now available, in past I had a lot problems with several bugs and some were nasty, I'm not sure which ones were released but if you had problems the new version might work better. Following changes were made:
  • Needs .NET 2.0 on XP and works out of the box in Vista or Win 7 since Vista and Win 7 have .NET 3.0 already installed
  • Setting a rating now always plays the next track regardless of the rating
  • The Quick Filter panel allows to quickly filter by rating, genre and apply an order. It don't only allow to choose a exact rating but also 'equal or higher' or 'equal or lower'.
  • Expands the library node at startup
Unfortunately everything is hardcoded as making options would require more work than I can spend on the project, I need to focus on my main projects StaxRip and StaxPlayer.
tomtrentham

Post by tomtrentham »

Hi,

I downloaded v1.2 on Vista x64. Got a "Failed to locate MediaMonkey location" error message.

The GetScriptDir() function in MainClass.vb is looking for the MediaMonkey_is1 key in:

SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\

The MediaMonkey_is1 key on my system appears to be at:

SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\

I don't know how to change this and recompile myself. Is there anything I can do to get this working?

Thanks,

Tom
stax76

Post by stax76 »

Hi,
please re-download and try if it works now, ensure your browsers downloads a new files and don't use the cache.
tomtrentham

Post by tomtrentham »

stax76 wrote:Hi,
please re-download and try if it works now, ensure your browsers downloads a new files and don't use the cache.
Hi,

It now installs without a problem.

Thanks,

Tom