Vitreous v2.0 - 7/13/2011

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

gege

Re: VitreousBlue v1.1 - Original MM3 skin

Post by gege »

Wow! I'm impressed. Really.
Congrats!
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

I want this to be the default skin for the release of mm3.1!

It has what it needs for the job.

It's bright, blue, consistent, clear, simple and it looks professional.

Btw just tested with 1204 and the bomb icon is cute :lol:
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Dreadlau wrote:I want this to be the default skin for the release of mm3.1!

I agree, it should definately be added to the collection.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

nynaevelan wrote:
Dreadlau wrote:I want this to be the default skin for the release of mm3.1!

I agree, it should definately be added to the collection.

Nyn
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

I agree that it should be the default. Strongly agree. Glided was the best a year ago (given that you can't use WMP11 as the default skin) but it's GOT to go.

If Noir Blue ever got fully 'professional' I would probably use that - but I wouldn't suggest it as the default as most people don't have dark windows themes or like dark skins.

This skin is really classy.

I have one gripe. The titlebar - the main one that says "MediaMonkey" and has the close and minimize buttons - is very fat/wide. It's odd. Why is it like that?I'd love it if it was the same height as the close button or just a few pixels higher.

Thanks, nohitter151. Very much.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

nohitter151 wrote:
neFAST wrote:This skin is nothing but excellent! Congrats

However I think that your shuffle/DJ/loop buttons are strangely designed.
All of them display the opposite of the current state (for instance if you activate shuffle, the button will show a shuffle-off icon).
You should invert them or go for some grayed/highlighted version just like in the Glided skin.

And why don't you add some nice live equalizer ;)

Keep up the good work.
I'll switch the buttons around in the next version.
Sorry, I forgot about this but I will switch them next update, I promise!
MM3 monkey wrote:I agree that it should be the default. Strongly agree. Glided was the best a year ago (given that you can't use WMP11 as the default skin) but it's GOT to go.

If Noir Blue ever got fully 'professional' I would probably use that - but I wouldn't suggest it as the default as most people don't have dark windows themes or like dark skins.

This skin is really classy.

I have one gripe. The titlebar - the main one that says "MediaMonkey" and has the close and minimize buttons - is very fat/wide. It's odd. Why is it like that?I'd love it if it was the same height as the close button or just a few pixels higher.

Thanks, nohitter151. Very much.
I made it like that initially to match Vista titlebar height, but I think you're right, so I'll change this in the next version. It should be released sometime this weekend (if not by tonight).

MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Eeegads! I'm so excited:- I forgot that Vitreous Blue 'uses the Segoe UI font' and that is such great news. I went through the Noir Blue skin changing all the fonts to Segoe UI the other day and it transformed the Monkey, although it's too much hassle to do every time it gets updated (and there was an issue of the font being too large for some fields and boxes). But now I've re-read the first post, I'm reminded that my favorite skin already uses Segoe UI.

Waheeeeyyy!

Except one thing: my skin doesn't display in Segoe UI. What am I doing wrong? I've got the font installed. I'm viewing this forum in Segoe UI.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

PS. Just seen your reply above. Thanks v much. Small as possible please! (I'm not going to bed till I get it!!!)
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

BTW, I'm on XP (see sig). The fonts I have installed are:

SEGOEUI.TTF
SEGOEUIB.TTF
SEGOEUIZ.TTF
SEGOEUII.TTF

EDIT: maybe I'm wrong. Looking at your screenshot, maybe I am using it in Vitreous Blue? I thought it was going to look more 'clear type'-ish. When I changed Noir, it really transformed the look. I'll post a screenshot in a second.
MMW 4.1.9.1764|MMA 1.1.3.0482|Android 5.0|Win 8.1 64 bit
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Here's a screenshot:

Do you know what I mean about the 'clear type' look? It's just not there; it still looks 'pixellated'.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MM3 Monkey,

The skin originally used SegoeUI everywhere, but it was causing problems because the font is larger than the default that MM uses (Tahoma) and made some dialogs unreadable (text cut off, etc). So, I went through the painstaking process of changing everything back to the default MM uses because I felt that the benefits of using SegoeUI did not outweigh the aggravation it was causing. Now, parts of the skin still use it, just in a limited number of areas; for example the Main panel columns and all of the player areas (player, miniplayer, microplayer).

MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Oh, no.

Oh, no, no, no!!

Boo hoo. I'm going to cry.

That truncation was what I was talking about before; I know exactly what you mean.

For me personally, the look of MediaMonkey is transformed so much and in such a major, pleasing way that I would live with the truncated text, but of course there's no way you can offer it up as a default in a skin.

Is there anything we can get done about this?

It's really a massive issue. I'm being deadly serious. It makes MediaMonkey actually look good for the first ever time. It's enormously important. I can't stress it enough.

What I wondered when I changed my fonts before to Segoe UI and saw the truncation was, would it solve the issue if all the fonts were dropped down one point? I didn't try it because it was so long-winded and it's not my skin to change the default, but I still wonder. Is that possible?

If not, please can we hound, pester and badger and annoy the devs incessantly until they do something to sort it out. It will make their great program absolutely fantastic. People care a lot about looks these days, and we've come a long way over the years.

This change would really improve MediaMonkey. As I said above; I got all excited about it. Now the rug has been pulled out from under me (you and me). It's presumably been mentioned in this thread, sorry I missed it.

Help!!
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MM3 monkey wrote:Oh, no.

Oh, no, no, no!!

Boo hoo. I'm going to cry.

That truncation was what I was talking about before; I know exactly what you mean.

For me personally, the look of MediaMonkey is transformed so much and in such a major, pleasing way that I would live with the truncated text, but of course there's no way you can offer it up as a default in a skin.

Is there anything we can get done about this?
Certainly this is something that can be fixed and because there are various other skinning functionality I'd like added, I started this thread:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=36392
Let the other skinners know about it so we can make our wishes known.

Unfortunately according to this: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=4909
it seems that the devs want to wait until after 3.1 to address font issues.
MM3 Monkey wrote:It's really a massive issue. I'm being deadly serious. It makes MediaMonkey actually look good for the first ever time. It's enormously important. I can't stress it enough.

What I wondered when I changed my fonts before to Segoe UI and saw the truncation was, would it solve the issue if all the fonts were dropped down one point? I didn't try it because it was so long-winded and it's not my skin to change the default, but I still wonder. Is that possible?
I could try it, but I'm not sure if the Theme Engine allows for font sizes to be changed everywhere in the skin. Even if it did work, another issue would be that the font size would be decreased for people not using SegoeUI (because not all OS come with that font) and I'm not sure how acceptable that would be for those users.
MM3 Monkey wrote:If not, please can we hound, pester and badger and annoy the devs incessantly until they do something to sort it out. It will make their great program absolutely fantastic. People care a lot about looks these days, and we've come a long way over the years.

This change would really improve MediaMonkey. As I said above; I got all excited about it. Now the rug has been pulled out from under me (you and me). It's presumably been mentioned in this thread, sorry I missed it.

Help!!
Yes, it was mentioned: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 64#p181764 , however that really isn't the important thing. I'm sure that this will get addressed when this is addressed, but it seems that will be after 3.1, unfortunately. Hard to complain when so many new features have already been added for skinners in 3.1, but this certainly is missed.

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

VitreousBlue v1.1.3.1 - 1/24/09
-Shuffle/DJ/Loop buttons reversed in player
-No album art image improved
-Titlebar resized (now smaller)

Open Tools -> Extensions, then click "Find updates". Scroll down to VitreousBlue, select it, and hit the "Install update" button.

Jome

Post by Jome »

Thanks for the update, though 1.1.3.1 wouldn't download in Firefox 3.1

Had to use Internet Crashplorer :oops:
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Jome wrote:Thanks for the update, though 1.1.3.1 wouldn't download in Firefox 3.1

Had to use Internet Crashplorer :oops:
Hm, works fine here :-?