Last.fm QuickButton 1.0.1

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Peke

Re: Last.fm QuickButton 1.0.1

Post by Peke »

Small update see my latest bug note http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view. ... 0#bugnotes
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Pathduck

Post by Pathduck »

Hey, this is great, and I hope it gets included as standard when 3.1 ships final.
Edit; seems it does not really disable the submission, or am I doing something wrong?

BUT a minor issue; being slighly red-green colourblind, I find it hard to tell the green and yellow/orange apart without looking really close. Is it possible to change the green to a bit darker and more pure green? Something like this..

Remember about 1 in 10 guys (a lot less for girls) have some form of red green colourblindness :)
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Are you sure that disable doesn't work? Here it worked before... I'll test it again before releasing the next version which has been optimized for the new scrobbler.
Last edited by Big_Berny on Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
Pathduck

Post by Pathduck »

Well yeah mate, its working in that it doesn't update the last.fm playlist...

But - it still updates "now playing" which I was hoping it would also disable, i.e. disable the plugin completely. Cause sometimes you want to listen to music "anonymously" (even if last.fm is great) 8)

And what exactly is the diffence between caching and enable, is it only for syncing portables?

Edit; I edited the icon set a little, and now it's a little better for someone colourblind, maybe you can use it:
http://stianlund.net/temp/Auto.zip

-d
Peke

Post by Peke »

Scrobbler v1.0.2.12 Released.
Best regards,
Peke
tinny

Post by tinny »

Big Berny always rules!
tinny

Post by tinny »

Big_Berny, any chance to get a mix between this plugin and the fantastic Autorate Accurate?
I'd like to have a similar button to "stop" the auto-rating, so I can leave for example my pc playing for hours without screwing up my ratings...
A_Disciple

Post by A_Disciple »

I am not able to get my ipod plays submitted to last.fm with this script. Would someone be able to explain how to do this?
1. MM4 Gold 4.1.7.1739
2. Windows 7 64-bit
3. 8GB RAM, Intel X9650
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Well, the script itself doesn't submit plays. You need the offical MM-plugin to do that. The script just adds a new button on the toolbar which allows the oser to cache or disable the submissions.

By the way the new version will probably be directly integrated in the official plugin.
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

tinny wrote:Big_Berny, any chance to get a mix between this plugin and the fantastic Autorate Accurate?
I'd like to have a similar button to "stop" the auto-rating, so I can leave for example my pc playing for hours without screwing up my ratings...
Maybe there will be such an option in a future version. It's on my todo-list but I don't know if I can implement all the things of the todolist in the next version. This summer I'll work on it.
Pathduck

Post by Pathduck »

Big_Berny wrote:By the way the new version will probably be directly integrated in the official plugin.
Awesome! Very very good :D
A_Disciple

Post by A_Disciple »

Big_Berny wrote:Well, the script itself doesn't submit plays. You need the offical MM-plugin to do that. The script just adds a new button on the toolbar which allows the oser to cache or disable the submissions.

By the way the new version will probably be directly integrated in the official plugin.
Big_Berny thanks for the reply and the script. I have the last.fm scrobbler 1.0.2.15 installed and it scrobbles all the songs I play in MM but not my ipod plays.
1. MM4 Gold 4.1.7.1739
2. Windows 7 64-bit
3. 8GB RAM, Intel X9650
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Yes, unfortunately the plugin doesn't submit plays of your portable player yet... Maybe this will be introduced in the future, I don't know. In the meanwhile we hae to use third-party tools like www.lastpod.org
Peke

Post by Peke »

Just to clarify, things a little. Currently there is very very little numbers of players that support playcounter sync back and even those players do not sync all needed info for last.fm.
Example: 5 plays on player most if not all players that support sync back report only that 5 plays happen after last sync without exact timestamps of each play so if you/someone played that track in MM while you are listening it also on player there is no way that MM can join those two playcounts and send scrobbling to last.fm correctly, but instead it can make false reading by calculating fictional play times and send those to last.fm like some apps do. iPhone/iTouch as I know have their own last.fm player that acts like any other player app and cache tracks until player gets on internet and send those counters. So to conclude, there is few things that last.fm need to change carefully (it is risky to allow third party developers to be able to temper with online statistics) and clearly state which plays are which based on submission. Player playcounts are on our To-Do list for future versions of plugin but if we want to make things right it needs to comply at least basic quality standards MediaMonkey is known of.
Best regards,
Peke
Peke

Post by Peke »

Small announcement:

Like big_berny already said and allowed, modified version of Last.fm QuickButton will be included into last.fm Scrobbler Plugin v1.0.2.17 so keep an eye on new upcoming release.
Best regards,
Peke