I cannot install or uninstall any extension (Vista) BUG#5072

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

MetalFrog

Re: I cannot install or uninstall any extension (Vista) BUG#5072

Post by MetalFrog »

Let's expand on this a little.

Running MediaMonkey as an Administrator I can remove extensions, but when I go to install them (even after closing, restarting mm) I can't do it. It loads a separate instance of MM, which I assume is not running as an admin, and it won't install.
A man walks into a butcher shop and says, "I'll bet you fifty dollars you can't take the meat down off the top shelf!"

The butcher replies, "No way! The steaks are too high!"
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

so your saying the mmip will now not load at all?

you have been running mediamonkey first, then clicking on the mmip then going to mediamonkey to see the install panel for the mmip. and it is not there? can you shrink the monkey to the onscreen now playing list only and see if the panel is behind monkey? or did you do that?

did you make sure the service to run second logon in vista for apps that need it is turned on.?
use the "MZ Ultimate Tweaker " to look at the service's that one has a good discription of the services so i use it.
did that help?

:-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

- MediaMonkey is running as an administrator.
- I double click a mmip (or right click and install MediaMonkey Pacakage).
- A separate process of MediaMonkey starts to run (along side the instance that was started with administrator privileges).
---- The extension tries to install on the newly opened MediaMonkey instance (that does not have administrative privilege).
-------- The extension cannot be installed with the same error as if I had run MediaMonkey without admin privs.
---- I close the second instance of MediaMonkey, try again and the same thing happens.

This happens regardless of what I set the allow only one instance of MediaMonkey option. I was forced to open the mmip with an extraction utility and install the extensions manually.
A man walks into a butcher shop and says, "I'll bet you fifty dollars you can't take the meat down off the top shelf!"

The butcher replies, "No way! The steaks are too high!"
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MetalFrog wrote:- MediaMonkey is running as an administrator.
- I double click a mmip (or right click and install MediaMonkey Pacakage).
- A separate process of MediaMonkey starts to run (along side the instance that was started with administrator privileges).
---- The extension tries to install on the newly opened MediaMonkey instance (that does not have administrative privilege).
-------- The extension cannot be installed with the same error as if I had run MediaMonkey without admin privs.
---- I close the second instance of MediaMonkey, try again and the same thing happens.

This happens regardless of what I set the allow only one instance of MediaMonkey option. I was forced to open the mmip with an extraction utility and install the extensions manually.
This issue is unrelated to the one brought up in the original post and can be tracked here: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=5252
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.