trixmoto wrote:I guess it must be the dictionary object that is hitting it's data limit, I don't think there's much that can be done about that, except splitting your XML file into two separate files and processing them individually.
Thank you for your help.
I have for a long timed looked for a replacement for iTunes, but the library was back from with in 2004 and I wanted to take my information with me to a new player and your scrips made it possible to try.. I KNOW there are others looking, and playcount and Last Played are to many important information to preserve.
I fired up iTunes, I took a copy of all the libraries, then I made a playlist of songs with no 'Last Played' date and simply deleted them. The resulting iTunes Library.xml I used to run the modified iDate to iLastplayed script on. This worked for all albums with a last played date AFTER 01 January 2006, the ones with a date Before 01 January 2006 did not get added. However for me it got most of the dates. However have you got any idea why the date 01 January 2006?
I have now made a similar list to import iDates, in iTunes I have deleted all m-z and saved the resulting itunes library.xml and afterwards all a-l and saved the resulting itunes library.xml ... The first one is importing in the background now (it takes about 30 hours pr. file
Concerning the many empty boxes turning up, it seems to be a limit in Mediamonkey, it happened once I tried to sort on 'last played' in the big playlist with 324000+ songs, BEFORE it has listed all the songs. Maybe that is a hint.
May I suggest you add the last played script underneath iDate script, many will benefit from this the iDate script, many will benefit from thiser the iDate script, many will benefit from this.