Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.2 (2011-04-24) [MM3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nynaevelan

Re: Is it worth?

Post by nynaevelan »

gege wrote:One more question, guys (and gal -- can't forget nyn...)
Is it worth to add an icon in main toolbar, just like MonkeyRok?
I like that idea, this would make it easier to turn the borders on or off as the user needs.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
ZvezdanD

Re: Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.0 by Gege (2008-09-27) [MM2+3]

Post by ZvezdanD »

gege wrote:- To be able to hide titlebar in borderless mode, this script needs MM v3.1 or newer.
I don't understand, what is a connection with the titlebar hidding and the borderless mode?
gege wrote:- In order to auto-hide vertical scrollbar, we need to add this code to style.css file, in each theme:

Code: Select all

body { 
       overflow:auto;
       }
I think that it is better if some styles are hard-coded inside of the script. I have such thing with the overflow style inside of the MN and RFR, instead of CSS files that contain only styles which are distinct for different skins.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
gege

Post by gege »

I don't understand, what is a connection with the titlebar hidding and the borderless mode?
SDBUIDockablePanel.showcaption = false was introduced only in 3.1.0.1209. And, in borderless mode, I do both: hide the borders (using your trick) AND titlebar (using showcaption=false).
I think that it is better if some styles are hard-coded inside of the script. I have such thing with the overflow style inside of the MN and RFR, instead of CSS files that contain only styles which are distinct for different skins.
You're absolutely right! That's why you're a great scripter and I'm just a humble wannabe. :)
I'll do it that way!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Well, well :) You are too gentle and I don't know what to say except - thanks for comment. You are a good programmer and you did a great job with this script.

However, I still don't understand why hidden titlebar and borderless mode should be connected. You could make borderless script with visible titlebar, and on opposite side you could make a script which have border with hidden titlebar. Those two properties are not related.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
gege

Post by gege »

ZvezdanD wrote:However, I still don't understand why hidden titlebar and borderless mode should be connected. You could make borderless script with visible titlebar, and on opposite side you could make a script which have border with hidden titlebar. Those two properties are not related.
Right again! I arbitrarily made it this way.
In fact, I was in doubt on how to make this. I had some options:
1) Create two different checkboxes in Option sheet. One for border, other for title bar.
2) Create one single checkbox and make the two properties artificially connected. All or nothing...
3) Create an option only for titlebar and make borders ALWAYS hidden.

There's still the fact that "Hide border" means in fact "Hide Panel border"+"Hide ActiveX control border".

I didn't like Option 1. I feel it wasn't worth having so much options for such a simple goal. In the end I decided to go with option 2, but I'm going slowly towards option 3. Of course, people have different tastes, but those borders are simply horrible. Period.
Let's face this fact: the real meaning of having an "Option" to turn this on/off is to bring titlebar back and then be able to move the panel. So, I think I'll let only the option to "Hide Titlebar" and will get rid of borders forever.

Does anyone have a different opinion?
Benn

Post by Benn »

Hi Gege (or anyone else with the know-how :P), I'm curious as to whether it's possible to change the size of the font of the viewer? I'm used the Gilded theme at the moment, so would I open the .css file in notepad and change it in there?
gege

Post by gege »

Benn wrote:Hi Gege (or anyone else with the know-how :P), I'm curious as to whether it's possible to change the size of the font of the viewer? I'm used the Gilded theme at the moment, so would I open the .css file in notepad and change it in there?
Sure thing! You need to open style.css and look at the end of the file. You'll find something like this:

Code: Select all

h1 { font-size:14pt; ... }         /*  Song Title  */
h2 { font-size:11pt; ... }         /*  Artist      */
h3 { font-size:10pt;  }            /*  Album       */
h4 { font-size:9pt;   }            /*  Year        */
h5 { font-size:9pt; .... }         /*  Composer    */

p  { font:9pt 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, sans serif; ... }
You can change each item's font size as you wish.

h1..h5 are the header elements, while p is the lyrics contents itself.
Benn

Post by Benn »

Thanks Gege! I only asked because now I don't have to scroll the lyrics as often, and I have good eyesight :) I also changed the colour of the song title in Gilded; the orange stood out a bit too much as I use it with DreadM's ION skin :D
gege

Post by gege »

Benn wrote:...the orange stood out a bit too much as I use it with DreadM's ION skin :D
I have one name to whisper: "Glided ionized"... but don't tell anyone. Shhhhh!
Benn

Post by Benn »

Haha. My lips (or fingers) are sealed..
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Warning

Sounds like some guys from outer space taks comtroll over Ion Controll Central. :lol: :lol:
Benn

Post by Benn »

Don't worry DreadM, you're still captain of the IONship :D Best skin ever! (now slightly even better with a matching lyrics viewer:P )
gege

Re: Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.1 by Gege (2009-03-05) [MM3]

Post by gege »

Hi fellas! Lyrics Viewer 2.1 is out! Go get it in the first post.
(Those who installed 2.1beta can use auto-update feature in Extensions dialog)

What's new?

Version 2.1: Mar 05, 2009
- Enhanced: LV now works in borderless mode, thanks to a trick by ZvezdanD. No more ugly borders around the panel!
- Enhanced: Vertical scrollbar appears only when necessary. When lyrics text is short, scrollbar will be hidden.
- Enhanced: now all changes made in options dialog take effect immediately. No need to restart MM or change to next song.
- Changed: Mixed Mode is now the default behavior when this script is installed for the first time. Of course, you can easily change behavior in Option dialog, still.
- Added: Option to hide/show panel titlebar. To be able to do this, MM v3.1 or newer is needed.
- Added: LV icon in main Toolbar. Can be used to quickly hide/show LV. Can be disabled in Option dialog.
- Added: link for auto-update, in Extensios dialog. Thus, subsequent versions of LV will be automaticaly detected, downloaded and installed.
- Added 'Glided Ionized' theme, to match ION skin, by DreadM.

Enjoy!
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Thanks for the update mate...

And good to see the Glided Ionized theme also.

Now, if someone could only make an ION theme for MonkeyRok. :)
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Great job Gege,
free the monkey ,away with the borders.
Auto-update works fine.
Realy like that the scrollbar appears only when necessary,
and shure the Ionized Glided theme. :D

@dypsis
Ionized MR are on the way!