MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.1 [MM3]

Post by Guest »

flashk wrote:I just released a new version of MonkeyFlow that contains a bunch of small changes/fixes. Here's a list of what's new:
I tried this new version and still had the problem. I updated my nvidia driver {to a new release out today} and still had the problem.

I fooled around and found out it's fighting to be "on top" of things around it. I took a yahoo radar widget and placed it in the foreground, over the top of MM. In the image below you can see MF over the foreground window. And this is without WindowBlinds running... The clock application in the upper-right does the same thing.

Hope this sheds some light on this problem.

TS
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

Great to see an update flashk !

Still waiting for 3 added features:

1. let monkeyflow display only albums for selected tree node
2. allow artwork to be displayed inside jewel cd cases as an option
3. allow to "flip" to rear cover art to see tracks

Any chance of these getting added?

Many thanks!
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
Nikkor

Post by Nikkor »

Thank you very much for the new version. I just downloaded it and it works great in MM's skinless mode.

This is a fantastic extension to MM.
gege

Post by gege »

Hi, flashk
New version is great! I like specially these features :wink: :
flashk wrote:
  • Updated some icons (thanks to gege) :lol:
  • Increased overall brightness of covers
  • Text size dynamically adjusts to window size
  • Added option for changing foreground/background colors
  • Added option for toggling docking panel caption (requires MM 3.1 and up)
But I gotta say I found some tricky bugs, which involve: Starting playing something + changing filter in MM + going to Fullscreen in MonkeyFlow + clicking in Now Playing icon.
Here is how to reproduce:

1) Start playing something from one of your Filters, in MM (mine was General Music). Make sure MonkeyFlow is in Now Playing Mode.
2) Change MM to a filter in which the now playing song doesn't appear (I changed to Quarantined Music, which contains only music I'm still tagging, and thus don't appear in General Music). Here we have bug#1: MonkeyFlow detects filter change and also changes listed images, but Now Playing icon stays ON. It should check if displayed album is REALLY playing after a Filter change and then set icon status accordingly.
3) Now go to Fullscreen in MonkeyFlow. Turn Now Playing icon ON/OFF some times. Bug#2: You'll notice it will put now playing song name above whatever album is being displayed. You'll end up with some artists doing inexistent covers like this :)

Edit: Thinking better, maybe we have only one bug here. Solving #1 will also solve #2...
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

flashk wrote: [*]Text size dynamically adjusts to window size
Not for me :(
Unless you like a really large window for monkeyflow, the text will overlap the covers resizing vertically over a certain level.
I don't have no time for no MediaMonkey buisness...

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
flashk

Post by flashk »

DreadM wrote:Just one suggestion (don't know if it's possible)
maybe it's good to store the color settings as an inifile or something like this,
so the we skinners can make a skinmatching color file ,that we can bundel with skin.file/mmip,
so that the user can chose between different colortheme files,or that it switch automaticly,when we change the skin.
The color values are stored in the MediaMonkey.ini file under the MonkeyFlow section. Is this enough to allow skinners to customize the colors?
flashk

Post by flashk »

gege wrote:But I gotta say I found some tricky bugs, which involve: Starting playing something + changing filter in MM + going to Fullscreen in MonkeyFlow + clicking in Now Playing icon.
Here is how to reproduce:

1) Start playing something from one of your Filters, in MM (mine was General Music). Make sure MonkeyFlow is in Now Playing Mode.
2) Change MM to a filter in which the now playing song doesn't appear (I changed to Quarantined Music, which contains only music I'm still tagging, and thus don't appear in General Music). Here we have bug#1: MonkeyFlow detects filter change and also changes listed images, but Now Playing icon stays ON. It should check if displayed album is REALLY playing after a Filter change and then set icon status accordingly.
3) Now go to Fullscreen in MonkeyFlow. Turn Now Playing icon ON/OFF some times. Bug#2: You'll notice it will put now playing song name above whatever album is being displayed. You'll end up with some artists doing inexistent covers like this :)
Thanks for the explanation, I'll look into it.
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

flashk, I'm still having that annoying memory leak. Just FYI.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings
flashk wrote: The color values are stored in the MediaMonkey.ini file under the MonkeyFlow section. Is this enough to allow skinners to customize the colors?
Ah,good to know.
but don,t you think it,s easy'er/better to have a color/theme folder like MonkeyRok or LyricsViewer ,maybe also to store there the button and scrollbar images,just an suggestion!
Aff

Display problem

Post by Aff »

MonkeyFlow is not centered in its window, but moved downwards by 28 pixels and to the right by 8 pixels.

The buttons seem to react at the correct position (above and left from the icons).

Anybody else with this problem?
B.B

Re: Display problem

Post by B.B »

Aff wrote:MonkeyFlow is not centered in its window, but moved downwards by 28 pixels and to the right by 8 pixels.

The buttons seem to react at the correct position (above and left from the icons).

Anybody else with this problem?
Same here..
------
B.B.Lauritzen
jonisaksson

Post by jonisaksson »

Yes I have the same problem.

All the icons are hidden just as on jff's picture
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

got the same problem on my notbook Vista/sp1 :(

but now it runs fine ! :D

Try this
Go to MediaMonkey folder/Scripts/Auto, localize MonkeyFlow .exe
right click Properties and than select Compatibility tap and disable the second entry from down.
see screenshot:
restart MM ,

here this works fine, :D
jonisaksson

Post by jonisaksson »

Thank you DreadM!!

That resolved it for me.
jonisaksson

Post by jonisaksson »

First I would like to say I love Monkey flow. Very cool piece of add on software :)

I am not sure if this is something I have missed, being that it is my first day using Monkey flow.

But it looks like it always looks at the whole library. Is it anyway to make it look at just one part of the library?

Basically i have one disk with music, then I have another disk with audio books, and I when i go through my music I don't particularly want to see my audio books and vice-versa

Hope it can be done in the current version.

Either way, great job, very cool