Auto Rating of Songs & Radio Announcer v5.02 [Script]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rovingcowboy

Re: Auto Rating of Songs & Radio Announcer v5.02 [Script]

Post by rovingcowboy »

nynaevelan wrote:
I don't think this is information that Diddleedoo would want made public, you might consider removing it.

Nyn

thats not the whole conversation we had just a few words of it and it in noway lets you know what is really going on, other then what is already known from other people's having the same problem.
its just a very short criptic line that gives the reader the chance to understand kind of what is going on with him now. the statement is not anything to get worried about. :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

It's nontheless very private and I don't think that the visitors here have to know that. At least I would not want such things to be posted here if it would concern me.
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Big_Berny wrote:It's nontheless very private and I don't think that the visitors here have to know that. At least I would not want such things to be posted here if it would concern me.
I agree, it reveals just enough private information that I would not want revealed to anyone unless I released it.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Hey CasualCollector,
I just finished the work on a new version of AutoRateAccurate. Unfortunately I have to wait a bit before I can release it as I'm not at home and need to test it on my own library first. But if there are no new problems it should be ready the next days.

The problems with high ratings should then partially be fixed or at least improved a lot on very fresh databases.

Ok, that's it from my part. All news on my script will be posted on my own thread as this one is from DiddeLeeDoo's script and I don't want to irritate the users.

Have a nice weekend
Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
CasualCollector

Post by CasualCollector »

oi, cool! :) thx!
Your script keeps nudging me already that i have to readjust my settings since they cause too high ratings.
I, too, shall follow the topic onward on y'own script's thread.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

As I said already the high ratings will be corrected after some MM-usage anyway. So it only won't nudge you forever.

Post by Guest »

I'm having trouble getting the rating feature of Auto Rate Songs to work. I just installed v5.02 on top of MM Gold 3.0.6.1190. I've confirmed that Radio Announcer works properly. I have auto rating enabled with more or less the default settings. I've tried both playing through entire songs and skipping after 10 seconds, but in neither case does MM automatically apply ratings to the songs in the library.

Is anybody else having problems getting this to work properly?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Guest wrote:I'm having trouble getting the rating feature of Auto Rate Songs to work. I just installed v5.02 on top of MM Gold 3.0.6.1190. I've confirmed that Radio Announcer works properly. I have auto rating enabled with more or less the default settings. I've tried both playing through entire songs and skipping after 10 seconds, but in neither case does MM automatically apply ratings to the songs in the library.

Is anybody else having problems getting this to work properly?
diddeleedo's has not been updated in a long time, and he won't be doing any that i can see, since i posted what he said about his work, he is busy doing scripts for work which pay him to make them. so he has their wishes to do first, and he might never get back to scripting mediamonkey again :(
so go to big bernys.

:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Darryl Gittins

Post by Darryl Gittins »

As far as I can tell, the script does not actually change the star rating oof the song, is that right? For example, if I have mm running on 2 computers both reading the same song, and I skip the song on computer "A", the rating drops to 2.5 stars. However, on computer "B", the rating remains as 3 stars - even after I rescan the folder. I'd like to set the auto rating so the "true" rating is updated. Is that posible?

THANKS!!!
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Darryl Gittins wrote:As far as I can tell, the script does not actually change the star rating oof the song, is that right? For example, if I have mm running on 2 computers both reading the same song, and I skip the song on computer "A", the rating drops to 2.5 stars. However, on computer "B", the rating remains as 3 stars - even after I rescan the folder. I'd like to set the auto rating so the "true" rating is updated. Is that posible?

THANKS!!!
Yes the script does change rating.
Maybe this can resolve the issue, by setting this option: Tools|Options|Library|Tags & Playlists->Update tags when editing properties.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

And remember that this script doesn't work with MediaMonkey 3.x yet...
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i you are using mm 2.5.5.998 this script should work and it is most likely the item eyal said.

but any newer version of mediamonkey this script is not up to par with, and might do somethings but more won't be done then will be.

i have very little thats VERY LITTLE feeling that this will ever be done for mm 3.x versions. and believe me if he was doing this for mm 3 i'd be beta testing it for him. and i got no email from diddeleedoo in over 7 months so i'm not testing any new updates for him. which confirms he is not doing any scripting for mm 3 yet if ever i think he even stopped getting email reply notice's from these threads.

so use BIG BERNY'S RATING SCRIPT FOR MM3.X VERSIONS

Post by Guest »

Eyal wrote: Maybe this can resolve the issue, by setting this option: Tools|Options|Library|Tags & Playlists->Update tags when editing properties.
I dunno - I just retested this. I have the "Update tags when editing properties." setting enabled on both pcs. So I scan a folder with a song on both pcs. Both show (say) 3 stars. I play the song on one pc, and skip it. The rating drops to 2.5. Then I scan the folder on the other PC, and it still shows 3 stars. So the star rating seems to only be cached somewhere - the metadata on the track is not changed.

And I'm running MM 2.5 for the very reason that I like this script so much!

Thanks for reading this!
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Guest wrote:the metadata on the track is not changed.
Aren't you using and sharing the same library on both PCs?
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

so you have also tried to sync the tags on the files before you move them to the 2nd computer?

oh i see your using a network hd where the file is used by 2 different pc's i thought you was moving the file
between the pc's like i do.

yes you are correct in the file rating only being saved on the computer where the rating accured.

but i think if you sync the tags before you close monkey the rating might be saved on the file. reason for that thought is because i move songs from this computer that i have synced the tags on after i had played the song a few times on this computer. when i put it in the old mm 2. jukebox the rating is there for the number of plays the song has but i had never played the song on that computer. of course that might be just the play count you think that is being synced, that would be true if the play count was not reading zero on mm 2. jukebox but showing the 2 stars for the rating. so i think the rating is being synced.

so sync that before you try it on the other computer and let us know. :)

also with this script if you update the version of monkey or if you reinstall mm 2.5.5.998 overtop of its self to fix another error. it will replace the scripts ini file. this will cause several scripts to stop working cause their codes are take out of the ini file. so back up your scripts ini file with all the codes for all your scripts in. and if you find one script not working you can then just replace the scripts ini file and it should start again. if not then windows will need to remake the script so copy the code from the script and paste in to a new notepad. then save it as an .vbs file by the same name again so windows can reset the registry for it. i think that is causing a lot of troubles for scripts in 2.5.5.998

your welcome i read this thread as every one else will but i keep posting about the not updateing it anymore because i was the one that requested this script and was testing it longer then anyone so i feel i have to take up the slack of posts for diddeleedoo.

but if you want i've still using his custom script he did for me in my jukebox i could send it to you if don't want all the panel pages. it is the old style where you have to go in to the script and change things.