MegaDJ v2.59 [MM3+4] 2012: Better compatibility + time fix

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

mazzo

apostrophes in search

Post by mazzo »

Hi, Twinbee.

How can I make a search for rock'n'roll and rhythm'n' blues in MegaDJ?

Genre~r'n crashes
Genre~'r'n' crashes
Genre~"r'n" crashes
Genre~'r\'n' crashes
Genre~r\'n crashes
twinbee

Re: MegaDJ v2.37 - (2009-03-12)

Post by twinbee »

Okay fixed with the latest v2.37! :) Use the backslash to precede it. For example, enter something like: "rock \'n\' roll". Make sure to surround by quote marks when you do.

Actually, there are a few bug fixes with v2.37, mainly involving special characters, which are now allowed in the string parts of the math filter. Also fixed removal of spaces around operators in string sections generally.
MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.
Ashran

Re: MegaDJ v2.37 [MM3] - (2009-03-12)

Post by Ashran »

I was wondering if a random search like this would be possible... I have no idea if it is and how to make it:

I would like the random thingamie to first search for a genre, then an artist in this genre , then for it to select a few tracks (let's say 3 to 5 tracks) of said artist, weighted by those tracks I listened less. Then select another artist in the same genre and repeat the process a few times (lets say for instance 10 times).If it is possible, what would be the text of said request ? If it is not, would it be possible to develop a script to do such a search ? :)
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Yes it should be possible, at least with version 2.3... :) First of all create the first node - let's call it 'nodea'

Enter this in the main Query Filter:
Genre~'blah' & Artist~'whatever'

(the ~ (tilde) symbol just means contains)

Tick the "advanced" button and then in the "Math Filter" section, enter:
1/(PlayCounter+1)

...and then proceed to select the Math Filter type to 'Random'.

Then create a second node: 'nodeb'. Do the same as before, except change the artist.

Finally create a 3rd node that will toggle between these two nodes, and enter in the Query Filter something like:

rotate(nodea*5,nodeb*5)

That's it. You may want to experiment with the nodupes option in that last step too. Also, instead of "1/(PlayCounter+1)", you may want to try "1/(PlayCounter+1)^0.5" so as not to 'punish' more often heard tracks so much.
MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.
Ashran

Post by Ashran »

Wouldn't that method just limit between two artists ? I don't really see when it changes artists after 5 tracks.

The Genre~'blah'... does it means it will look for a genre called blah or any genre? Same question for artist :p

I dunno anything about programming so I'm a bit confused to say the least :p

Wouldn't the node autorefresh serve the same purpose as the third node ?

Ah I see a small problem maybe in my way of asking what I was looking for : I want to be surprised by the artist, I don't know which one I want before hand. The same goes to the genre, but, it's only chosen once, at the start of the creation of the playlist.

What I want is for the randomizer to first chose a genre, then an artist, give me 5 random tracks of said artist, then look for another artist in the same genre, gives me 5 random tracks. And then repeat the process to have, say 50 tracks, and only 10 different artists in the same genre.

And thanks for the script, it really is a nice addition to mediamonkey, I'm just to inept to use it at full potential, thanx for all the help too :p
Last edited by Ashran on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mazzo

Post by mazzo »

hi, I use the upgraded megadj - where can I get my 2.37?
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

See PM.
AFAIK, future upgrades from 2.37 onwards can be done through the standard Mediamonkey upgrade section in the Tools -> extensions area (for the demo or full version)
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

@Ashran :
The Genre~'blah'... does it means it will look for a genre called blah or any genre? Same question for artist :p
Yes, it will look just for the word 'blah'....
Wouldn't the node autorefresh serve the same purpose as the third node ?
Nope, the autorefresh just updates the entries for that particular node whenever that node is clicked. The third 'rotate' node does something entirely different, which is rotate songs between the first two nodes.
Ah I see a small problem maybe in my way of asking what I was looking for : I want to be surprised by the artist, I don't know which one I want before hand. The same goes to the genre, but, it's only chosen once, at the start of the creation of the playlist.
Oh I get it. Yeah, that's gonna be a little trickier then :-? Not to mention impossible at current. I'll try and see if I can get something like this for v2.5
And thanks for the script, it really is a nice addition to mediamonkey, I'm just to inept to use it at full potential, thanx for all the help too :p
Thanks too!
uksnowy

SongPath

Post by uksnowy »

Hi guys

Can someone please post an examplw of how to use the SongPath function.

TIA
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Hi there,

It would seem the Mediamonkey database does not store the C bit in C:\blah\blah, which is probably why you're having probs. I'll make a patch for that soon, but in the meantime, use something like:

songpath~':\music\blah\blah'

Oh btw, also make sure not to end the string with the backslash char as that will escape the final apostrophe. I'll fix this too while I'm at it.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It stores the drive letter in a separate table so that if you're using an external harddrive for example the letter might be different on different machines but the serial will be the same so it will still find the paths correctly.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
uksnowy

Post by uksnowy »

Thank you that's brilliant.

One more thing. Using the Query and math boxes, is it possible to specify a total running time for all the tunes? For example: how would I tell it pull 60 minutes worth of music from the library?

Thanks
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

It stores the drive letter in a separate table so that if you're using an external harddrive for example the letter might be different on different machines but the serial will be the same so it will still find the paths correctly.
Ah right - yeah I thought it'd be something like that.
One more thing. Using the Query and math boxes, is it possible to specify a total running time for all the tunes? For example: how would I tell it pull 60 minutes worth of music from the library?
Not as yet. That's one of the few things which the standard Autoplaylist features which MDJ can't atm (the most one can do is select x number of tunes).
rogerr

Post by rogerr »

Anything new coming? I love MegaDJ - payed a whopping $5 and well worth it! It's good as it is but we geeks always want more!... :lol:
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

:)
Anything in particular you'd like to see?