Vitreous v2.0 - 7/13/2011

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

LikeMM

Re: VitreousBlue v1.1 - Original MM3 skin

Post by LikeMM »

LikeMM wrote:Hi nohitter,

I made a simple small player for myself; left out most of the utility buttons that you built into the full player. I don't use them. I wanted just the play controls, seekbar, rating info and simple spectrum. Here is what it looks like:

thanks again for the skin.
Changed it again so that player and MR header merge without borders (with MM3.1). Also a clean single pixel border on the left (hack).

LikeMM

Post by LikeMM »

Hi nohitter,

The More button in AutoAlbumDJ disappears into the white background when I move my mouse over it. It flickers in and out if I keep moving the mouse over it. It remains active though and on clicking opens the extra sheet. This does not happen with other skins.

Any idea?

Code: Select all

Set edt = ui.NewButton(Sheet)
  edt.Common.SetRect 390, 20, 45, 21
  edt.Caption = "More"
  Call Script.RegisterEvent(edt,"OnClick","InitExtraSheet")
  Set SDB.Objects("ARDJOptsForm") = Nothing
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

The More button in AutoAlbumDJ disappears into the white background when I move my mouse over it. It flickers in and out if I keep moving the mouse over it. It remains active though and on clicking opens the extra sheet. This does not happen with other skins.
Actually, it does happen with other skins - it just doesn't happen on skins that have no defined control button. For example, Glided does not define what the button should look like, so MM uses the system default instead. In that case the button seems to work fine. But any skin where this button is defined (see any number of skins -- ZuneSkin, VitreousBlue, ION, BlueGlass, etc. etc.) and the same thing happens. Its an MM bug, not something fixable by the skin.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Recently I changed to MM3.1.0.1229 which is the release straight after your skin was included in the installer by default (congratulations for that BTW)
Since then though I have the problem as shown below in the screen shot, I did not have this problem previously with MM3.0 and Vitreous Blue skin.

Can the backgrounds behind the small icons in the tree be changed to transparent so BG's other than white can be used?

Also, I find the stars too small.
I have in the past changed this by putting a bigger set in the "Icons" directory of MM which has always worked but isn't this time. I've looked at your skin via the theme editor to see if I could import a different star set but can't see where the standard "small" stars are being pulled from.
Is this an issue specific to the skin, in this case VB v1.1 or is it something I need to address to MM developers etc?

Thanks

MediaMonkey 3.2.4.1304 Gold Lifetime
Hardware: Intel Core 2 Quad 3.33GHz, 8Gb Ram, 2tB Internal Storage, 2tB External Storage (USB & eSATA)
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, FireFox v3.6.x, ThunderBird v3 x64, MailWasher Pro v6.5, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
Backups by Karens Replicator v3.5.12,
LikeMM

Post by LikeMM »

Hi nohitter,

I see that you have updated the VitreousBlue skin. Could you please tell me how you made the single pixel vertical border appear on the left side between (tree + album art) AND (main track list + track browser.) I mucked around comparing the old and new versions and could not figure out how you did it. :cry:
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

paulmt wrote:Recently I changed to MM3.1.0.1229 which is the release straight after your skin was included in the installer by default (congratulations for that BTW)
Since then though I have the problem as shown below in the screen shot, I did not have this problem previously with MM3.0 and Vitreous Blue skin.

Can the backgrounds behind the small icons in the tree be changed to transparent so BG's other than white can be used?

Also, I find the stars too small.
I have in the past changed this by putting a bigger set in the "Icons" directory of MM which has always worked but isn't this time. I've looked at your skin via the theme editor to see if I could import a different star set but can't see where the standard "small" stars are being pulled from.
Is this an issue specific to the skin, in this case VB v1.1 or is it something I need to address to MM developers etc?

Thanks

Tree icons: Are you positive that you didn't see this before? I have not changed those icons at all since I first added them. Why don't you try downloading the skin from the first post of this thread, since I have not posted the updated version used in build 1228+ yet onto my website - that way you can confirm it never really was a problem.
My concern regarding those icons is that they are defined as .bmp images which do not support transparency, so unfortunately there isn't much I can do about transparency. You could however remove those icons and just use the default ones I suppose (or replace them with your own set). This is described in the skinning article in the wiki.

Rating stars: You really find them too small? The clickable area is the same as the rating stars in any other skin...
When I first replaced the icons I used the larger star set (as seen in the Tree next to "Rating" node) but the stars looked ugly and too big, so I used a smaller set.
Anyway, you can replace them yourself easily:
wiki wrote:To create a complete icon set to be used with any skin:
1. Download all icons via http://www.mediamonkey.com/contrib/artwork/icons.zip
2. Extract the icons from the .zip file to \Program Files\MediaMonkey\Icons\
3. To customize the icons, just edit any of the icons in the \Icons\ directory, and restart MediaMonkey. The new icons will appear.
I see that you have updated the VitreousBlue skin. Could you please tell me how you made the single pixel vertical border appear on the left side between (tree + album art) AND (main track list + track browser.) I mucked around comparing the old and new versions and could not figure out how you did it. :cry:
Updated it since when? The single pixel vertical border has been implemented since January. Anyway, that is controlled under \Panel\Frame in theme.mskn - just look in my skin.

paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Thanks for your suggestions.

If you go back a couple of posts you will see I posted a screenshot of my tree directory with a background I did to suit for VB you will note this is different to the current I seem to have got now and doesn't have the transparency problem?
I think I got your latest VB skin via the MM3.1.0.228 download which after the upgrade had wiped all skins but the three defaults.

Also compare the rating star icons from that screenshot to this one.
The stars in this version are very small, so small as to be almost impossible to tell if a 2.5 is a 2.5 or not as the half star is so small you can't see the definition.

I have a large 24" widescreen monitor at 1920x1200 resolution which does compress a lot but I have never had the stars this small??

Anyway I will download the version from this thread and see of that changes things when it overwrites the previous one.

Hardware: Intel Core 2 Quad 3.33GHz, 8Gb Ram, 2tB Internal Storage, 2tB External Storage (USB & eSATA)
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, FireFox v3.6.x, ThunderBird v3 x64, MailWasher Pro v6.5, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

paulmt wrote:Thanks for your suggestions.

If you go back a couple of posts you will see I posted a screenshot of my tree directory with a background I did to suit for VB you will note this is different to the current I seem to have got now and doesn't have the transparency problem?
I think I got your latest VB skin via the MM3.1.0.228 download which after the upgrade had wiped all skins but the three defaults.
Yes, it seems that screenshot was before I added my custom icons.
paulmt wrote: Also compare the rating star icons from that screenshot to this one.
The stars in this version are very small, so small as to be almost impossible to tell if a 2.5 is a 2.5 or not as the half star is so small you can't see the definition.

I have a large 24" widescreen monitor at 1920x1200 resolution which does compress a lot but I have never had the stars this small??

Anyway I will download the version from this thread and see of that changes things when it overwrites the previous one.

Yes, again, this is because your last screenshot shows my skin before I added custom icons. It seems you don't like my icons very much :(

Anyway, if you download the icon pack as above and place it in MediaMonkey\Icons\ folder, you can have the default icons back.

Ps - I use MM on a 22 inch monitor and the half stars are perfectly visible here - and the size seems fine in your screenshot as well but you've compressed the image as a .jpg file so it looks a bit blurry.

paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Awww I like your work lots. I hadn't realised that I wasn't using your default icons to be honest.
I do like the new icons but if they don't allow transparency I will go back to the old ones as I like to have my ow backgrounds and I do prefer the bigger stars so for what ever reason they show up better on my monitor.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Just to add, as I said earlier, putting any icons whether it be the star icons I tried earlier or the full set from the Wiki pages into the ICONS directory of MM doesn't work now as it used to.
Maybe just my PC but I don't think so - I will report this to MM support
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

paulmt wrote:Awww I like your work lots. I hadn't realised that I wasn't using your default icons to be honest.
I do like the new icons but if they don't allow transparency I will go back to the old ones as I like to have my ow backgrounds and I do prefer the bigger stars so for what ever reason they show up better on my monitor.
You could also just edit the skin itself.

Find VitreousBlue.msz, change to VitreousBlue.zip, and extract

Go into the folder, and then into Icons folder

Delete half_star_16.ico, star_16.ico, treeminus.bmp, treeplus.bmp, and bomb_16.ico if you desire to remove that too. (or just delete whole icons folder)

Then you can rezip and change back to .msz extension and use the skin.

One last thing - most icons support transparency -- just not the tree icons.

LikeMM

Post by LikeMM »

nohitter151 wrote:
Updated it since when? The single pixel vertical border has been implemented since January. Anyway, that is controlled under \Panel\Frame in theme.mskn - just look in my skin.
Ah, you updated earlier but I saw it only when I got 1228. Cool, thanks again.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Thanks for your help nohitter151 I will play around with the theme to see if I can get what I want. I did copy some different stars into the theme but it caused issues. I will figure it out later...

Just to clarify though, the gold icons in the tree and main player windows etc are, to me anyway, half the size of the blue stars at the bottom centre of the player in the VB skin.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

paulmt wrote:Thanks for your help nohitter151 I will play around with the theme to see if I can get what I want. I did copy some different stars into the theme but it caused issues. I will figure it out later...

Just to clarify though, the gold icons in the tree and main player windows etc are, to me anyway, half the size of the blue stars at the bottom centre of the player in the VB skin.
Well I wouldn't say half, maybe 3/4... they're definitely smaller than the ones in the player but not by that much. Anyway, its not a big deal to change them.

paulmt

Post by paulmt »

nohitter151 wrote:Well I wouldn't say half, maybe 3/4... they're definitely smaller than the ones in the player but not by that much. Anyway, its not a big deal to change them.
Yeah your right about 3/4 - we agree :D

I will modify to suit me, again, thanks for your help.