iTouch podcasts status (new/listened) doesn't sync with MM

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

CraigMcI

iTouch podcasts status (new/listened) doesn't sync with MM

Post by CraigMcI »

Hey all,

I'm using MM for music and for podcasts. I have an ipod touch 32gig, which syncs music and podcasts just fine except for one catch:
if I've listened to a podcast on the ipod touch (no longer marked as new with blue dot beside it on ipod) and sync it with MM, MM re-marks the podcast on the ipod as new! Rather than marking it's own version as listened to.

Any ideas? I don't want to go back to itunes (even if it's just for podcasts), and I don't want to have to mark them as read manually in MM!

Cheers,
-Craig
nduke

Re: iTouch podcasts status (new/listened) doesn't sync with MM

Post by nduke »

I've been annoyed by this too. I am thankful though that even if the icon is flagged as new with the blue dot, the bookmark is still correct. MM may not remember that it's not "new" anymore, but the spot you last listened up to is synced back and forth.
jiri

Post by jiri »

I tested it with my iPod Touch and it works fine for me. I synchronize some episodes to the device, play them there, synchronize the device again (auto-sync, or just connect and browse it), playcount is updated in MM Library and the episodes remain correctly tagged as played/unplayed in the device. Do you do anything specific?

Jiri
CraigMcI

Post by CraigMcI »

jiri wrote:Do you do anything specific?
Jiri
Sorry Jiri, nothing specific.
There is another thread regarding music playcount syncing from the ipod & MM.
When that stops working with MM, so does the podcast status.

I restored my ipod, and haven't opened iTunes once since then - everything has been fine.

I'll keep an eye and try to find the point of failure & a repeatable example this time. It's difficult though, it just seems to randomly stop working (a restore fixes the issue).

Thanks,
-Craig