Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

willyvds

Database corrupted during conversion?

Post by willyvds »

When I start MM 3.1 I usually get a number of error messages:
- Cannot load query data: Could not find condition id: 209
- There was a problem searching the database: Error executing SQL etc etc
- Cannot load query data: Could not find condition id: 207.

After clicking "ignore", MM starts and I can play music. I cannot update tags (gives the SQL error again).

The exact order of the messages changes. And sometimes, MM starts without problem. Don't know why.

The size of the database has increased from 25 MB to 37 MB during the upgrade from 3.0.7 to 3.1 (see separate item). Don't know if this is related.
Maybe the DB got corrupted during conversion?

Regards,
Willy
Last edited by willyvds on Sun May 10, 2009 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lowlander

Re: Database corrupted during conversion?

Post by Lowlander »

Did the conversion process finish correctly or did it fail or did you terminate it?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Try to optimize the database (File -> Maintain library -> Optimize database (Complete) )
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
willyvds

Post by willyvds »

You make me think. I will convert the library again, and see if there are any error messages.
Regards, Willy
willyvds

Post by willyvds »

We use MediaMonekey in a multiple PC environment, with a shared database. It seems that this is causing the problem.

What is the case?
- MM 3.1 is installed on 2 PC's
- The unconverted 3.0 database is in the correct folder
- MM 3.1 on the first PC starts converting the database from 3.0 to 3.1, no errors, works fine
- Then I start MM 3.1 on the second PC, and trouble begins.

I have tried it a couple of times, starting the conversion with the one PC or the other, but in any case it goes wrong.
The trouble can be all sorts of things: non-integer playcounts, wrong genre-information, error messages as reported above, all playlists gone etc.

Regards, Willy
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Does the second PC seem to start conversion or doesn't it?

Make that both PC's use the same 3.1 version as there have been DB changes during the 3.1 cycle. If you're using the latest try reinstalling MediaMonkey on PC2 after you converted the DB on PC1 (maybe a clean install is needed on PC2).
willyvds

Post by willyvds »

I have started all over again: downloaded 1236, installed this version on both PC's, and put the old 3.0.7 library back. The problems that I reported before do not occur. Certainly, the second PC does not seem to start converting!

However, we don't exactly have a smooth operation. Lots of "locked database"-errors, crashes, having to stop MM via task management etc. No problem if we use MM on 1 pc, but 2 creates various problems. Even if we both just play music. But so far, nothing that I can reproduce or clearly pinpoint.

When we started using MM, we had similar problems but for reasons unknown they gradually faded away.

I'll keep a close watch, and report specific issues here. For the moment, I have nothing tangible for you to work with.

Regards, Willy
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please try to create a debug log for when these errors occur.
willyvds

Post by willyvds »

I've been trying to create a problem that I can reproduce. Well, this goes wrong every time I try.

Setup: PC1 contains MM db and all MP3 files, PC 2 and PC 3 are user PC's running MM debug 1240. All PC's run XP.

PC 1 is on, no MM running. I start MM on PC 2, with monitoring option on. While it is still scanning the disk, I start MM on PC 3 (also with montoring on).
This is too much: lots of error messages and after a couple of minutes, both MM's hang. I can't do anything but stop both MM's with task manager.

Obviously, it can happen that the one MM must wait a bit while the other is doing something. But it shouldn't end up like this.
I have created a debug report. Shall I submit a ticket to get this to you?

Also let me know if you need some further information.

Regards, Willy
fatjacq

Post by fatjacq »

This happens to me every time. I only have one PC, new Vista install. Had no probs with the old version, and this is driving me nuts. Did an uninstall / reinstalled the old one, but during the uninstall, there is a file left that will NOT delete. Still have the two popup errors on startup. Somebody help!
fourteen

Post by fourteen »

fatjacq wrote:Did an uninstall / reinstalled the old one, but during the uninstall, there is a file left that will NOT delete.
With regards to the file that MediaMonkey fails to remove during uninstall, DeskPlayer.temp.0, you can just delete it manually in Explorer. It is an annoyance that the uninstall doesn't automatically delete it, as it should.
willyvds

Post by willyvds »

This must be another problem, I don't see this file on my PC.
Regards, Willy
fatjacq

Post by fatjacq »

the file is deskplayer.dll, and running vista ultimate, I have tried everything to get rid of this file with no luck. I think this is why I can't get a good reinstall. I have reinstalled several times, but MM still will not import my music to the library. I never had any problems until I tried beta...
rusty

Post by rusty »

fyi, some improvements were made for build 1242 re. DB upgrades. In addition, further improvements have been made for the next build (1243+) re. network performance.

-Rusty
fatjacq

Post by fatjacq »

reinstalled 1242... and all my problems went away! w00t... thanks MM team