SongsDB Library

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

colinbo

SongsDB Library

Post by colinbo »

Where is the SongsDB library file located? I'm not seeing the COM components in the registry either by name or GUID after installing on Windows 7 x64 RC with 3.0.7.1191.

Thanks,
Colin
Peke

Re: SongsDB Library

Post by Peke »

Save this code to library_path.vbs

Code: Select all

Dim SDB
Set SDB = CreateObject("SongsDB.SDBApplication")

set res = SDB.MessageBox(SDB.Database.Path,mtError, Array(4))
1. Start MediaMonkey
2. Double click on library_path.vbs and MediaMonkey should show you msgbox with full path to MM.DB
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
eXentric

Post by eXentric »

colinbo was looking for the location of the SongsDB COM dll, not the database file.

colinbo, I also had this problem. In fact I'm working on a plugin and couldn't get it to work at all.

After doing some research tonight, I believe the problem is with the MediaMonkey installer on Windows 7 x64.

I've already opened a support instance, but I found a workaround. Here are my notes form the support instance and they may help you solve your problem:
I have Windows 7release candidate. I noticed that MediaMonkey seemed to install correctly and operate correctly HOWEVER MediaMonkey external scripts did not work. Trying to get MediaMonkey to start from C# would give an error that COM Class 148F7BB6-4943-4C53-8E30-0F9115D30283 could not be found. In fact, searching the registry returnd ZERO instances of 148F7BB6-4943-4C53-8E30-0F9115D30283 (SongsDB.Application).

I uninstalled MediaMonkey from the control panel. Then I right-clicked on the MediaMonkey installer (MediaMonkey_3.0.7.1191.exe) and chose 'Properties'. On the 'Compatibility' tab I chose "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 2)". And finally, I ran MediaMonkey_3.0.7.1191.exe and installed MediaMonkey again using compatibility mode.

After installing MediaMonkey using XP SP2 compatbility mode, external scripts worked properly and 148F7BB6-4943-4C53-8E30-0F9115D30283 showed up in the registry.
Last edited by eXentric on Fri May 29, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eXentric

Post by eXentric »

Oh, P.S. "SongsDB.Application" is actually in MediaMonkey.exe. There is no SongsDB.dll. That's confusing as well.

MediaMonkey.exe can be found in "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.exe" on Windows 7 x64. But be aware that if you try to do an 'Add Reference' in Visual Studio without resolving the COM issue above, Visual Studio will tell you MediaMonkey.exe isn't a invalid COM library.
Peke

Post by Peke »

The best way to import com from MM is to treat mediamonkey.exe as COM DLL and you should get all needed info. At least its that way in both Primal script and Delphi.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts